Yoshimitsu Frame Data

@ZOMBIEBEAR666: Thanks, exactly what i wanted to know :)

Sure MED 6A+B,A+B is punishable on hit, but I still think it's useful in certain situations. As stated above, when lying face up, MED 6A+B, A+B or my personnal favorite 44B+K~2B+K, MED 6A+B,A+B (huuuge range).

Anything on FLE [K]?

Oh, I agree that it's useful. It's the fastest move out of MED and isn't terribly dangerous to do (most of the time). I personally love when people decide they're going to give me space, so I can MED heal until they run up. Then MED 6A+B, A+B.

It's just another gimmick from our massive bag of gimmicks. And I mean "gimmick" in a very positive way. =)

@Furzy
FLE [K] is i24, Yoshi is again in DWN position post attack, rising frames still suck, but it's better than FLE 6[6]...
FLE [K] is safe on hit, on block its punishable by i21's at least (edjucated guess) that hit ground...
I think Rock gets a Foot Grab either way, so beware of Rock!!!

@docvizzo
Not the right place to troll, my friend...
@everyone else (like Furzy)
CORRECTION: I did the frames for the 2 moves in question last night, they suck, badly, very badly...

FLE [K] - i24
G = -25/ G~WR = -40
H = -15/ H~WR = -30
CH = -15/ CH~WR = -30
~DWN; TJ [1-19]; TC [14-24]

MED 6A+BA+B - i14
G = -33/ G~WR = -49
H = -25/ H~WR = -41
CH = -25/ CH~WR = -41
~DWN; DL; TC [1-14]

So on hit FLE 6A+BA+B is punishable by Asta's 3B and FLE [K] on hit is punishable by most 2K's, both are unsafe and chip damage, but FLE [K] is still better than FLE 6[6] however both have a use... On While Rising, the frames are very disadvantageous, Yoshi's fastest move off of these would be FC 2aB which is i51 after MED 6A+BA+B hits, clashing with Algol's 6B+K, and i40 after FLE [K] on hit... On guard just forget about it!!!

Of course it is the right place, not like there is much going on here...dont think it disturbes the 3 people who actually read this.

and BTW anyone who has the rights here (Hajime? ) please change the "docvisso" to "docvizzo" in the first post :) Double s looks horrible! Thanks in advance....

@ZOMBIEBEAR666: Ok, thanks but i really was only interested in the startup speed of the moves :) I already knew both of theses moves are bad on hit/block.

@docvizzo: no need for new gimmicks to beat you, I would just need to pick siegfried and spam 3B like Panto and Cliff ahaha

The fast TC and decent cheap damage you get from FLE[K] are the main reason to do it, imo. The DWN position leaves you less vulnerable than FLE B_{B} if the opponent steps effectively. Thankfully, FLE B and FLE {B} track differently!

Docvizzo: Sure, I'll fix it. But only if you and Furzy come out to NorCal. Clearly this is a fair trade. =) fixed.

I would LOVE to own your Yoshimitsu Hajime, no doubt :)

Actually i would have loved to come to FSAK, but the date in September is just very bad for me due to work/Thesis/ exams...if it would have been in December or anything i guess i would have been there.

And honestly i plan on visiting the US maybe even at the end of this year, but more likely the east coast...depending on whether my girlfriend wants to join or not im not sure how much time i will be spending on playing SC...i'll tell people when i know more about it :)

If we ever meet during SC4 i hope you know it will be FT5 or FT10 50 bucks. So at least you will sponsor my trip a bit :P

So frame traps, ( for the most part ) for iMCF are as follows?

AA, 6A, 2A, iMCF, FC A, 8A, BB, 4B, A+B, 1B+K, 44bA:G, 22_88K, REF B K, REF K, FLE {B}, DGF B, BT A, BT K....

I relize some of these are situational as far as how far away from you they are and what not. Also this is based off of the B,B set-up which is -6 on block, So all of these moves are either -6 or below on block... Really this list is just something I wanted to make for myself but I figured might as well share it for the peeps in case they are needing some more set ups for iMCF....

I relize not all of these are guaranteed set ups and they can be interupted but for the most part it wouldnt really hurt to throw out iMCF after these as very few people have anything that can interupt for big damage after these...

you can add 8B, 11A, 4A, 2K~RCC :)

8B, 11A, 4A, and 2K arent really that good on block... 11A is punishable?

You did read the part where I said these were so called "Frame Traps" on block?

Not on hit... on hit it would be alot more moves up there... Pretty much if I hit them with something I know its usually ok to throw iMCF out... If I dont... Then things get a little different...

On hit those 4 you described above would work, but on block Id doubt it...

So frame traps, ( for the most part ) for iMCF are as follows?

AA, 6A, 2A, iMCF, FC A, 8A, BB, 4B, A+B, 1B+K, 44bA:G, 22_88K, REF B K, REF K, FLE {B}, DGF B, BT A, BT K....

I relize some of these are situational as far as how far away from you they are and what not. Also this is based off of the B,B set-up which is -6 on block, So all of these moves are either -6 or below on block... Really this list is just something I wanted to make for myself but I figured might as well share it for the peeps in case they are needing some more set ups for iMCF....

I relize not all of these are guaranteed set ups and they can be interupted but for the most part it wouldnt really hurt to throw out iMCF after these as very few people have anything that can interupt for big damage after these...

A couple comments:

A+B - Big push back and the guard break makes people pause on this one.
1B+K - Push back is pretty back here and makes iMCF less viable away from walls and edges.
REF BK - It takes somewhere around 4-6 frames to turn around and iMCF. I did some extensive testing on this and found it not very viable.
REF K - Same as REF BK. (REF K, W!, iMCF is a solid setup, though).

The rest of the list is totally viable.

A couple comments:

A+B - Big push back and the guard break makes people pause on this one.
1B+K - Push back is pretty back here and makes iMCF less viable away from walls and edges.
REF BK - It takes somewhere around 4-6 frames to turn around and iMCF. I did some extensive testing on this and found it not very viable.
REF K - Same as REF BK. (REF K, W!, iMCF is a solid setup, though).

The rest of the list is totally viable.

Yea what you just mentioned would be those "Situations" I was talking about... First off A+B I'd go for the guaranteed 6K2K anyways and 1B+K i was saying at ring edge or wall, also 4B unless your in deep would be at ring edge or wall, I havent messed around with REF BK and REF K because i always forget to do it but i didnt think about the frames it takes him to turn around after the move :( the B+G4 and
4A+K4 CH are nice as well lol but good players wont attack after those throws anyway... So far B,B 6A, iMCF, 2A, BT B, and FLE {B} ive had the best results with. I need to play around with 8A and 44bA:G some more but I always forget! LoL 44bA:level 1 ,2 ,3 is a move I really need to use more !

@RedDjinn: Wops you're right, didn't notice the "on block" :p
Still, 4A, 4AA, 4AAA to iMCF works pretty good if your opponent hesitates to punish you. Same with 2K~RCC, iMCF. 8B on block to iMCF works too :p ask docvizzo

@RedDjinn: Wops you're right, didn't notice the "on block" :p
Still, 4A, 4AA, 4AAA to iMCF works pretty good if your opponent hesitates to punish you. Same with 2K~RCC, iMCF. 8B on block to iMCF works too :p ask docvizzo

Yea I can see where the 4A's series would work because they dont know when your going to stop. but with someone who doesnt hesitate to punish it wouldnt work out that good.

2K RCC iMCF is something I will have to try, I hit 2K alot on people so its probably worth the risk overall.
Even if I mess up and just do 2A I can still throw out iMCF after that on block as well... Then if they block the iMCF I can do another ;) haha Providing I get it everytime.

I wear a little mitten on my hand with the fingers cut out but the thumb still on... haha it makes my thumb slide over the buttons really quick so I usually can hit this move whenever I need to. ( Also saves my thumb from getting worn out ) Haji u should try it! :P haha

8B on block ive never tried... I like to throw out 8B and I wonder if 9K could give the same results? I'll play around with it! Thank you both for the tips~ Furzy I watched a few of those matches your throw breaking didnt seem to be as on as it ususally is! but they were definitely exciting to watch as always...

Sieg actually gives me big problems... I cant ever seem to get in on him.. What do you punish a blocked 3{B} with? AA ?

All 4A versions are only -14 on block ;) So you can wait for a missed punishment and punish HIM (Setsuka's umbrella comes to my mind)

I actually don't slide to do iMCF, I just tap the buttons on my stick very fast like I do for other moves, but I practiced it so much that I can throw it about anytime I want. This move is sooo good when you can spam it :)

Against Siegfried's 3B or 3, I usually do AA because I'm surprised that I blocked it. :-/ But if you expect it or you bait them, you can get 6K2K for good reward + Knock Down and oki!

Back