Yoshimitsu JF General

On a stick I found binding the B(Xbox) button to B+K then just sliding with my middle finger down from X to B works for me like 90% of the time. It seems pretty lenient.

Awesome, Furzy. That's pretty much the way I try to describe doing a:B+K and the same way I did it in SCIV. I do iMCF with a swipe, though.

If I don't a:B+K every single day, I nearly exponentially get worse at it for every day I don't play. :\

I use a Sixaxis (PS3) controller best, and only use binds on triggers for A+B+K and B+G. But Furzy brings up a good point with that I've noticed as well, whenever you use a JF or RCC or any other kind of quick move you need to press the button and release it as quickly as you pressed it, we had this in SC IV but it wasn't as noticable.

No button binding? You sir, are legit. Props.

EDIT: So I tried this for about 20 minutes earlier and it's way harder than Furzy makes it seem, dude is a G with his tchnical abilities so even more props to him. It seems button binding might still be the way to go for this old man.

It's true. I've been a pad warrior for the last 25 years and when you sit me down behind a joystick I feel like some big retard trying to dial a phone by just mashing his palms against the keys... His button sorcery is setting up people for some disappointment haha!!

Yeah...I find myself more comfortable on a stick (because my fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be, and I'm left-handed anyway), but I need to bind a button to B+K for iMCF and Ear Slicer...mega props. []

EDIT: So I tried this for about 20 minutes earlier and it's way harder than Furzy makes it seem, dude is a G with his tchnical abilities so even more props to him. It seems button binding might still be the way to go for this old man.

It is much harder than you would think from watching the video. :)

The thing that annoys me..... try 2 things if you get really bored: 1) try it in SCIV and it's easy peasey 2) Try it with a gold copy of the game (just take the HDD out of the Xbox or something) and it's much easier. Namco, why you do this?!

Also, in case you didn't already assume this, for whatever odd reason this becomes like... impossible online with a slightly laggy opponent and it is more apt to turn into something weird like A+K instead of A or B+K. That makes no sense to me as you would think they would take a snapshot of the input frame and 4F at 300ms latency would be the same as 4F in 50ms latency. And it seems to have gotten worse after the latest patch. :(

Yeah...I find myself more comfortable on a stick (because my fingers aren't as nimble as they used to be, and I'm left-handed anyway), but I need to bind a button to B+K for iMCF and Ear Slicer...mega props. []

Reverse quote!

Another FYI - simultaneous button presses in SCV are dumb. Make sure you hit B+K *exactly* at the same time. Same goes for A+B+K. If you don't map them, that is...

I actually don't use my B+K bind for anything BUT those two moves...for DNK, stances, poison wind, etc., I still just hit B+K (they're in line on my stick, so it's easier that way). []

Ya, for whatever odd reason, things like 2A+B, 66A+B, DNK, 2B+K, etc, etc *always* work as intended. a:B+K.... whatever. Goes whacky online, but less whackier if you map buttons. CE, too.

I'm so glad that Yoshimitsu doesn't have the Poe/Nightmare problem with normal button config and a slight bit of latency online.

Don't be fooled everybody, this was training mode, my execution isn't as good in a real match of course ahaha
Still, I get that iMCF is hard for most people, but I don't get it for aB+K, the timing isn't that strict! :-/ Just be sure to release A button as fast as possible, just like for a JG. What move do you usually end up with? A?

I can do iMCF like no sad tomorrow - that seems even easier in SCV than SCIV. iMCF requires that you get the 2a simultaneously and swipe to B. No problem. I have two different methods that I can use to do that 90% of the time (even in a heated match): swipe aB with my fingernail or "plink" it like the video shows.

a:B+K, however.... I probably get 75% of the time and it appears the timing changes after 3B and 22B - 22B requires you to wait longer. When I try to do it after 22B I usually always get B+K (FLE). If I try to do a:B+K after 3B or by itself it usually works fine with A+K somehow being the move that usually comes out more often than not. I am 1000% sure that I am not pressing A+K, but the game seems to like to accept something like a (4F) K(1F)+B(2F)In online matches.... well, it's a toss up on whether I get A+B, B+K or A+K for some reason.

With the button mapped, this is less of an issue. But I refuse to map buttons since I had no problem doing this in SCIV.

Strangely, most of my XBL friends that play Yoshimitsu have a harder time with iMCF than a:B+K regardless of them being mapped or not. I don't understand that at all considering you can do 2a:B+K and still get iMCF 100% of the time. They must be sucking at pressing 2a simultaneously.

Edit: it's also worth noting that I can try this in trainer with the input display on or turn on the input display on replays and I will see -
--B
AK

To me, that proves I'm not actually pressing A+K.

On a pad even in a match I'm 90% with both moves but a stick in practice with a stand still opponents I'm sub 10% percent haha!! It's too bad cause I bought a Hitbox and movement on that thing is awesome! But I can't use Yoshi's JF so it's a no go.

On a pad even in a match I'm 90% with both moves but a stick in practice with a stand still opponents I'm sub 10% percent haha!! It's too bad cause I bought a Hitbox and movement on that thing is awesome! But I can't use Yoshi's JF so it's a no go.

I'm getting a hitbox whenever the government gets off their dicks and refunds my national taxes. It'll be fun relearning Yoshi completely. haha

The movement on it is awesome!! If you use a stick and can already do Yoshi's JFs you'll be rocking it after a bit man!

I hate fights sticks, they eventually hit your wrist after several hours of intense practice, glad most tournies make it so you can use all the different controllers. Too bad you can't bring your own standard PS3 controller to EVO, so your forced to use that used and abused crappy ones they provide, the only plus I see in the fight stick.

Is there a thread devoted to the subject of how to do all of Yoshi's JFs? Because this one seems to have a lot of discussion about iMCF and a:B+K...

Is there a thread devoted to the subject of how to do all of Yoshi's JFs? Because this one seems to have a lot of discussion about iMCF and a:B+K...

Read this post, I formatted the combined threads wrong.

Yoshimitsu has the following just frames:
i. :2::a-small:::B: (Instant Manji Carve Fist)
or FC :a-small:::B: (Manji Carve Fist)
ii. :a-small:::B+K: (Parting Thrust)
iii. :4::A:::A:::A:::A:::A: (Stone Backhands)
iv. :1::A:::A:::A:::A:::A: (Stone Fist)
v. FC :1::K:::K:::K:::K:::K: (Spinning Low Kick)
vi. SDF :K:::K: (Acrobatic Bliss)
vii. :2::A+K::A:::A:etc (Manji Blood Dance:Bliss Stance)
viii. MED :A+B: on aGI :K:::K: (Extermination:Bliss Stance)

i. It's essential that you are start pressing 2 at the exact same time as A. You can hold down when you slide to B, but it must be in 1-2 frames. Full crouch is just holding 2 in FC and sliding a:B the same way. 2a:B+K is confirmed to work so you do not have to bind another slide.
ii. The slide is similar in iMCF but can be executed slower. Just add a K to your B for B+K. Most Yoshi players bind B+K to do this attack as it makes it simpler.
iii. http://soundcloud.com/mr-kloux/yoshi-4a-jf
When you do this correctly it stuns them (or launches them if they're mid air). Yoshi has a chance to get dizzy so there is luck involved in taking advantage of a stun or relaunch.
iv. I will get around to doing a soundcloud for the timing of this.
v. I'm actually not sure what the timing is at all yet, I'll update this soon.
vi. Press the second K right before you land. Very strict. You can get the standard recovery if you are in the ballpark.
vii. You can mash this one pretty consistently so I am unaware of the timing. I believe it is right before you start your falling animation.
viii. You need to JF time both Ks. The first K is right as Yoshi's head his the ground and the second is just like the timing of SDF K:K, right when you hit the ground.

Any frustrations about his many JF attacks can be voiced here. Help is always welcome as these attacks frustrate many players.

Back