Yoshimitsu JF General

was listening closely to the sound which doesn't connect with the a:B+K on the screen and I heard the "chink" of a sword hitting the ground a couple of times. Lemme guess, that's the sound of a misinput into flea? Cos that happens to me before I've warmed up - a:B+K becoming B+K, A+B~K or A+K ;)

was listening closely to the sound which doesn't connect with the a:B+K on the screen and I heard the "chink" of a sword hitting the ground a couple of times. Lemme guess, that's the sound of a misinput into flea? Cos that happens to me before I've warmed up - a:B+K becoming B+K, A+B~K or A+K ;)

the problem is when i edite the HD video in window movie maker the sound will be garbage the video is real not fake .

55 ear slicers in trainer on a pad is an interesting feat, but I don't get the point in the video?

I can do more than 55 in trainer on my arcade stick with no button mappings. It's the 1 that I miss mid-round that kills me. :P

Nice vid! I'd like to see your finger inputs for standard button assigments! For me to do it with such consistency I use the shoulder button method.

So I've got to the point where I can do iMCF pretty regularly in training, but I'm not sure exactly what the best way to use it in matches is. I can't figure out what to combo into it, or what combos I can start with it which are actually useful. Can someone help me out with a couple of simple combos that I can start working it into my play with?

I kinda have the same problem with ear slicer - I only really use it after 22k 3B, which seems kind of hard to connect with.

Use it mostly for poking. Get yourself in close, and use it wherever you're at no more than like -5 disadvantage (meaning nothing that's not i15 or better will stop you (i14 if you start from crouch).

Some common setups:
- Off a hit 2K, you are only -2, so really nothing (outside of maybe Yoshi's A+K?) will interrupt an iMCF, since it would have to be i11 even to clash (2+9)

- Off a blocked 22_88K, you are at 0, and yes, even though it looks like you're out of range, you will connect with an iMCF if they try anything.

- Off a blocked iMCF you are at -3. In other words, this means that even if you're just using it as a poke and they block it (it can be blocked standing or crouching), go ahead and throw out another one from FC. After about the third one you're out of range, though, so it's not an infinite pressure string.

- Also, off a regular hit iMCF, you are at +6, so while nothing's guaranteed, go ahead and follow up with another iMCF. Worst case scenario leaves you at -3 after the second one.

- After a blocked DGF B, you are at -5, so it's still pretty safe to fish for a CH with an iMCF afterwards, especially since it tech-crouches.

The whole point of setting this up is for the CH, which leads to big damage.

Sample followups (assume a CH iMCF before all of these):

-- my favourite: 66B, DNK, 2K. Input the 66B literally as soon as you see the CH connect; you cannot wait very long or it will miss. In fact, despite the fact that you could technically interrupt 66B after blocking the iMCF with anything i20 or better, you may get some mileage out of just going ahead with the 66B anyway. A lot of people will try to use a big launcher afterward, and if the 66B lands as CH you get the full stun combo. But again, use caution.

-- if you have meter: 66aA+B+K, bA or 66aA+B+K, iMCF...

-- RCC 3B, a:B+K, deathcopter. If you have them close to the wall you can substitute DNK for the deathcopter for the RO.

-- of course, CE.

BTW, the threat of iMCF is what makes 22_88K so fun, despite its slow speed and high hitbox. If it hits, guaranteed CE or high-damage launch combo. If they block, you can frame trap with iMCF for the same result. []

If the 3B after CH iMCF RCC doesn't launch, does that mean that the timing on the RCC is wrong, or does the iMCF sometimes just not put them at the right range to launch? At the moment I'm struggling to tell what the timing on the RCC is exactly, but I just see that sometimes it launches them after 3B and sometimes it doesn't

To RCC properly you just tap foward and release while in the FC state, the release acts as a neutral input even though there's no such thing in SC.
This is hands down the absolute best explanation of RCC I have ever seen anywhere.

Uh no it's more like you're dashing (or backdashing, or sidestepping) to cancel the standing up animation and then attacking out of the dash (ideally as soon as it starts). And you can always do any move you want out of a tap-step dash, it's got nothing to with a "neutral" input.

Something for people struggling to get the JF 4A series consistent, like I am. If you put the training dummy on all guard and hit them with the JF 4A, then the gap between the noise of you hitting the dummy's guard matches the rhythm that you have to hit A. This might have been obvious to most people, but I didn't spot it until recently, and I find it much easier to adapt my rhythm to match the guard noises than to try and match it to the sound file that was posted earlier in the thread.

The 5x 4A (JF), like many of the other just frame moves in Soul Calibur, must be timed with the hit, meaning that you press the next button in the command "series" (string) just as the opponent gets hit, or likewise, when the opponent would have been hit.

One way to look at and practice the 5x 4A (JF) string is as such:
- there are a total of five hits in the string
- the just string comes out in a linear rhythm that takes about one second to complete the last four hits
- so count by fours, four beats per second, or 240 bpm
- if you can't count and do this well, you could always use a metrenome and time with the beat
- once you feel you have a feel for the timing, try to free-style it into so simple combos like after 3B, or do multiple in a row
- if not, try with the counting some more

Hey, I have a question about the ear slicer (now the parting thrust in SCV). I have my buttons customized for my playstyle, and back in SCIV I would hit Y then RB to do the ear slicer command. It was a fairly simple move to do. Now, whenever I try that same configuration, the game insist that I'm holding the (A) part of the aB+K command. Is this normal?

I realized that by changing my buttons around to do a true sliding motion, I could get it off, but I really, really do not wish to remap my entire scheme for one single move. Any work around to this, or am I screwed out of one of his best combo finishers? Thanks in advance

Hey, I have a question about the ear slicer (now the parting thrust in SCV). I have my buttons customized for my playstyle, and back in SCIV I would hit Y then RB to do the ear slicer command. It was a fairly simple move to do. Now, whenever I try that same configuration, the game insist that I'm holding the (A) part of the aB+K command. Is this normal?

I realized that by changing my buttons around to do a true sliding motion, I could get it off, but I really, really do not wish to remap my entire scheme for one single move. Any work around to this, or am I screwed out of one of his best combo finishers? Thanks in advance

Yeah, it's muuuuch more precise of a timing for it. You pretty much have to slide it like you do iMCF, but a tad bit more lenient than iMCF.

Now you have to make sure you aren't holding down A when you hit B+K.

@code You can actually do a sliding A to B or K or B+K, then power down your RB for B+K. If you fail the sliding a:B+K, the slide will make sure that you aren't holding down on A and the tap off your RT will trigger the a:B+K anyway.

RCC (recover crouch cancel) a:B+K and imcf is all u need to get by with yoshi. Yeah Jf4AAAAA and 1k series is nice in all that but it's not required for him to get by. Even if I could do those just frames consistently I still wouldn't rely on them because of their "random" effect at the end.

Back