Yoshimitsu Namu Combos

New tech for you all.

CH FLE, 44bB...

They get popped up pretty high. I was consistently able to get about 4-5 44bBs. Non-CH version nets you at least one 44bB. Nice to know, since you won't always know whether you're going to get that CH until it happens.

CH FLE, 9K (large opponents), 66B. ~70 dmg.

Not necessarily practical, but nice to know you have the option. 8K connects also, but doesn't create the 236B "tech trap" that the other 8K juggles do. The 66B follow-up won't hit after 8K either. You can force a 66A+B on them, but since they can't tech, it's mostly to work the SG. 1 might be a viable follow-up. I'll have to test in actual games, though.

8_9K on a mid-air opponent who's close to a wall/ edge can result in a DNK, much like a:B+K... But with 9K, it's more about angles, it launches them closer to you at times, a:B+K ussually just shoot's em' out...

It might be well known, but if you time 33B, B+K so that B+K hits a little bit later (leaves opponent standing), the combo does about 8 damage more than if you hit him with B+K instantly.

A small combo (78 dammage)

CH iMCF, 88B, 3AB, 33B, B+K

Is it possible to include in this combo after 3AB : 4 A A A A JF, 44bB, 4 A A A A JF and then 33B, B+K ?

Not sure if this combo has been talked about before, but doing a stun like iMCF and then 3B+K B (Just) you can get a Deathcopter tech trap which is guaranteed if they try to do anything other than lay in one spot.

if you do 3B+K B (just) off 1B+K you make them bounce, which you can then a:B+K or deathcopter off of (maybe even DNK, though i've never tried it).

Unfortunately, there's no real reason to choose 3B+K:B over standard combos.

WS K is a shakable stun and shouldn't be relied on. Like most shakable stuns, though, all follow up attacks net a CH if your opponent doesn't shake it.

Well, considering the deathcopter followed by 2[A+B] 6[6] nets you around (I cant remember, but its like 80-90 or something like that) additional damage, there may be a few times when you could go for it.

Against high level players, you're only going to get it once. Twice if you're lucky. So, basically you're throwing away ~20-30 extra damage to get a tech trap.

Not to mention, 3B+K:B after CH iMCF requires either great timing or solid RCC timing post iMCF to even connect it. One mistake and all that potential damage goes away.

Yes, it's a valid tech trap. No, it's not practical.

^Well like the guy below me said, you can do it after 1B+K too, making you not need great timing (Though that stun doesnt come out too much.) Plus you can still sometimes hit them even if they do nothing based on your distance from them. In certain cases the Deathcopter is guaranteed.

Never said that I use it often, though =/

A little update for the combo

11_77_99_33 A+B, 2[a+B]6[6] : 62 NH 72 CH
11_77_99_33 A+B, DNK (works on certain characters)
FLEA , 44bB, aB+K, 66B_1B

hajime... while i haven't played in a while... i'm pretty sure 1b+k is NOT a shakeable stun since it makes them crumple. And if you mean the 6B the person CLEARLY said ...and you QUOTED this lol... after a BLOCKED 6B.

You guys are getting confused i think. If I'm reading what he said right I think he is just saying a lot of people tend to either simply block or try and punish stupidly with something too slow after your 6B gets blocked so that if you do a 1B+K right after your 6B is blocked you'll land a CH on them. Personally if you had to do that i'd go with the faster imcf though...

Back