You want DLC characters?

You want DLC characters?

• Yes

Votes: 287 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 22 7.1%

• Total voters
I'm willing to pay for Talim, just for the simple fact that they even considered her to be a part of the game.

DLC characters would be nice but I'm gonna be realistic and not expect we'll get anything like that. The DLC schedule for SC5 is practically identical to SC4 so far. If we're getting more SC, I expect a new game or *shudders* a port for 3DS/Vita.

15091094.jpg

Of course, I want them. I'd like to play Zasalamel, Talim, Mina(and use their styles for characters)... But I think they will not make it.
If they do, I'm gonna collect them all:D

...Dampierre slot will be replaced with "DLC characters" slot...

Don't add characters such as Cassandra and Sophitia as they are already incorporated into SCV. It would be too much of a hassle to recreate their styles. Only add unique styles and characters.

Characters to add
I. Zasalamel- when available for DLC his SCIV outfits would be available upon purchase. His SCIII outfits would be part of a "Regular Character Costume Pack". Four of his Scythes would become available upon purchase. The others become available as individual DLC or part of a "Customizable Weapon Pack".

II. Talim- when available for DLC her SCIII outfits would become available upon purchase. Her outfits from other SCs be part of a "Regular Character Costume Pack". Four of her Talons would become available upon purchase. The others become available as individual DLC or part of a "Customizable Weapon Pack".

III. Yun-Seung or Hwang-when either of these two become available for DLC their outfits would go accordingly: Yun-Seung's SCIV outfits and Hwang's SCIII outfits. Their other outfits would be part of a "Regular Character Costume Pack". Both Characters would have four weapons accordingly available upon purchase. The others become available as individual DLC or part of a "Customizable Weapon Pack".

IV.Bangoo- when available for DLC he would have an original 1P outfit and his 2P outfit would be his fathers helmet(Rock's Rhino Helm). 2 of his father's weapons become available upon purchase and 2 originals are also available upon purchase. Any other weapons become available as individual DLC or part of a "Customizable Weapon Pack".

*NOTE* I am not sure about Bangoo because he'd be similar to Astaroth and I believe that's why they took Rock out.
This is my take on DLC Characters. I am not sure if you guys agree but I think this would a good plan for NAMCO/PROJECT SOUL to choose and see how the profits come in.

I'd like to see both Hwang and Yun Sung. They were very different in SC3 AE.

Tekken has Kazuya and Jin doing variations of Karate and nobody complains.
Why not bring back both chinese sword users here...?

Unfortunately NAMCO/PROJECT SOUL don't have any rights to use Necrid or his fighting style.

I understand how Necrid's character can't be used because they only own half of his copyright but explain to me why they can't use his moveset? They apparently based Aeon's moveset on Kratos and fed him some moves from Spawn and Namco has no rights to those characters at all. In addition, Necrid's moveset is pretty much just based on the moves of other characters from Soulcalibur mixed together so why wouldn't Namco be able to use a moveset based on already existing moves that they themselves created? If they can use fighting styles or base new fighting styles off of characters that they don't own then they should be able to use a fighting style based on a character they partially own and whose fighting style is based on characters they do own.

Unfortunately you are right about Necrid not returning unless Namco somehow gets permission to use him but from what I know, they can bring back that moveset anytime they want.

I understand how Necrid's character can't be used because they only own half of his copyright but explain to me why they can't use his moveset? They apparently based Aeon's moveset on Kratos and fed him some moves from Spawn and Namco has no rights to those characters at all. In addition, Necrid's moveset is pretty much just based on the moves of other characters from Soulcalibur mixed together so why wouldn't Namco be able to use a moveset based on already existing moves that they themselves created? If they can use fighting styles or base new fighting styles off of characters that they don't own then they should be able to use a fighting style based on a character they partially own and whose fighting style is based on characters they do own.

Unfortunately you are right about Necrid not returning unless Namco somehow gets permission to use him but from what I know, they can bring back that moveset anytime they want.
From what I understand, Namco didn't create the novelist or base it off any character. McFarlane did that as well he supposedly designed the entire character and his novelist. I mean the closest Namco has ever come to a novelist like that is to just recycle it using a different character skin. For example, Charade, Edge Master, Kilik, Elysium.

I just really want talim. Quite obviously if she came back the others would too though, and I think I'd buy mina and zas too :)

From what I understand, Namco didn't create the novelist or base it off any character. McFarlane did that as well he supposedly designed the entire character and his novelist. I mean the closest Namco has ever come to a novelist like that is to just recycle it using a different character skin. For example, Charade, Edge Master, Kilik, Elysium.
For what I know, McFarlane is an artist who designed Necrid and that he isn't involved in the development of the gameplay in Soulcalibur II. Another thing is that mimic characters are not involved or are similar to the kind of moveset Necrid has. Necrid's moves are a mix of moves from characters and it isn't an original idea nor is it similar to a mimic character. The idea of picking up a variety of moves from existing characters and putting it in one character has been done before and not just by Namco but also by other companies as well.
SNK -> KoF -> Rugal
Namco -> Tekken -> Ogre
Capcom -> Street Fighter -> Seth
Namco -> Soulcalibur -> Necrid
These are some of the characters that I know whose moveset are based on having a mix of moves from 2 or more characters. And even if Namco decides to use the moveset, I don't think McFarlane can even sue or get into a legal dispute regarding the moveset since the moves from the movelist are moves that Namco owns.
Necrid's movelist = Nightmare's + Astaroth's + Cervantes'+ Ivy's + Other characters's moves
So even by chance that it happened to be McFarlane's idea to have an "Ogre" character in the game, he does not own the moveset since he doesn't even own the moves that are being used in that moveset.

i know they cant use the same set but all off his attacks are sc moves off other character so why cant they do something similar ? They have all rights to do that again

Salia and Bangoo please.

Some of the first drawings we saw for this game had Salia in them, and she's not even mentioned in the game.

Also, after Rock's SC1 ending, how the hell can they leave Bangoo out?

Salia and Bangoo please.

Some of the first drawings we saw for this game had Salia in them, and she's not even mentioned in the game.

Also, after Rock's SC1 ending, how the hell can they leave Bangoo out?
It made absolutely no sense for them to mention Bangoo and Salia on Facebook and change their appearances, but not include them in the game. I'd like for them switch places with Kilik and Elyisum (no offense to Kilik fans, but if they were going to make him a half-assed mimic, then they probably should'n't include him in the game at all).

Back