Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

I usually run in with 66A+B and hold it when trying to get close. then lead into the 4A+B if it hits. The main goal is just to scare them off though. If i have the bar I will run up and B+K(BE) and either guard or 1A. Up close I stick to 1BHold k or 1Bhold 33B or 1A. If it hit with any of those I follow up with 66A+B or 66B-A. 4A Hold 214B 3b 4A+B works only if they're a nervous player who defends a lot. I personally love CE then B+K then CE then B+K 4A+B barbecue it is just amusing.

I usually run in with 66A+B and hold it when trying to get close. then lead into the 4A+B if it hits. The main goal is just to scare them off though. If i have the bar I will run up and B+K(BE) and either guard or 1A. Up close I stick to 1BHold k or 1Bhold 33B or 1A. If it hit with any of those I follow up with 66A+B or 66B-A. 4A Hold 214B 3b 4A+B works only if they're a nervous player who defends a lot. I personally love CE then B+K then CE then B+K 4A+B barbecue it is just amusing.
1A up close? You can't be hitting too consistently with this, considering how slow it is. Are you using it primarily as oki?

That 33B setup from 1Bhold is hot. I'm going to have to try that.

Recommendation:
Drop this useless character who will only serve to hold players back immediately and pick a decent toolset. =)
You're no fun. :(

If Bamco keeps its promises, we'll see Z.W.E.I. get buffed eventually. And when he does, I'll be there.

while not too practical, i'm beginning to love 66B+K! it's relatively fast and puts you in BT which lets you BT B+K~BT A+B.

After doing alot of lab stuff, I've come to a conclusion that he will be a decent character for SCV. He's by no means top tier (as far as I am concerned), but he is a competitor imo.

Using 66A+B Ein follow up as a force block is great for gauge pressure. 66B has nice TC frames before it hits and is easy to hit confirm for the follow up after some practice. He can break back throws which is always a huge bonus. 4(A+B) has amazing gauge damage and doesn't have a very noticeable start-up. 1K BE into A+B is great for people who don't tech. His CE is a great mid to far range whiff punisher and it hit's people who are running forward.

Also if you use Ein and then B throw right after he doesn't come for the ground punch, so you can instead 1K BE A+B after.

Will post more once I've done more testing/studying. (^_^)

1, 4A a high/low 50/50 although technically not an unblockable it forces a low block if you opponent knows what they're doing.

6[BK]. 4A, mid/low. guaranteed unblockable whether they block low and eins mid hits overhead or they choose to block ein and take the low

so does he have any solid tools against characters with long range, more specifically nightmare?

oh my God...Kilik has some very good tools against Zwei... any good pokes to get in and hit him? each time I'm outside of close range againtst him, he literally celebrates on your ass

SCV rookie here. What do you mean by 'people who don't tech'?

Teching is when a player instantly get's back up after being knocked down. Sometimes players will instead roll on the ground to avoid having to block follow ups after being knocked down. 1K BE A+B is a great combo to scare people who roll on the ground into teching so that they don't eat the damage. This enables you to be able to use your follow-ups after they tech to aboid 1K BE A+B.

Hope that helps.

Whats working for me is using something like 4(a) then blocking anything they try to hit me with...if you let go of A it will punish anymove they throw out even 2a as you can release ein in block stun

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=9MKRY5xSlhc 66a+b may be plus on block....

Edit (b) (a) 4(a) 1(b) all plus on block...

Also new setup a+b b+k be into 66a if they step they get raped

you can taunt canel ein

B+k 66b+k bt b is a combo for 103 if 66b+k hits
b+k be a+g does 72 dmg

sick combo....
B+k 4b 1k be a+b
another that leads into bt mix ups is

66a+b 66b+k you are left close enough for bt b+k wakes and what not

Damn character limit....

So 1(b) hit throw gives backthrows....for 90 dmg and monster ring outs

a+g gives a free b+k be charge. Or 4a.

B+k be is free offense in a can

B+k be 66b+k is un punishable and probably + on block
...still havent found a practical use for ein taunt cancels

Maybe this is obvious, but there is an insanely large window to input the BE portion of 33B and 99B, so much so that it seems you can confirm into BE.

I'm going to personally main ZWEI and if they make him any better, I'll drop him in a heartbeat. I absolutely love him because he is terrible. It's probably some masochistic tendency I have about playing bad characters. Anyways the only long range attacks I can really think of are 66A, 66A+B and 4A+B. And well... they're terrible. Spacing is probably one of his weakest traits, minus having as many punishable moves as Nightmare.

Im getting the hang of Zwei now. its funny how many times i hit people with 4A, delay the minion and go for the 33A which hits low, you can virtually make an unblockable out of it

EDIT: and that Kilik i was talking about was Xiba style Kilik in Legendary Souls mode. I beat the mode after some Training mode time

Updated the first post. Credit to C_3, Shinsokugai, and Richard Nguyen for excellent information.

I'm going to personally main ZWEI and if they make him any better, I'll drop him in a heartbeat. I absolutely love him because he is terrible. It's probably some masochistic tendency I have about playing bad characters. Anyways the only long range attacks I can really think of are 66A, 66A+B and 4A+B. And well... they're terrible. Spacing is probably one of his weakest traits, minus having as many punishable moves as Nightmare.
You make me sad. :(

Back