Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

Yes I played a Sieg last night and it's very tough to get in, you have to play real defensive. What would you suggest as his go to moves for his oki game Twiztid? I was using 66 A+B, 1B, 2B. Anything else of noteworthy?

Also on another note, how the hell does the guard gauge work in this. I felt like I was blinking red and then hit the opponent 3 times and it still didn't go down to yellow. How exactly does this work? I feel like getting crushed is inevitable against some characters (ZWEI being one himself).
I mostly use 1B as it leaves me with an EIN setup on wake up. 2B is also good if you think they won't tech. Although it's -12 on block so i wouldn't use it to often. 66 A+B should only be use against those who wake straight up. If they get out of the attack by rolling you're leaving yourself wide open. But for me it's mostly a guessing game of 1 2A and 2K. Unfortunately most of ZWEIs attacks do not hit grounded so you only have a few options to choose from.

I'm having a lot of fun playing this character. I play a few good players in San Diego and I beat them pretty consistently with him. They haven't completed downloaded his gimmicks yet. I also keep coming up with new ones.

Currently messing with his 44B+K unblockable, especially during his 4[A] and his 66[A]BE. Zwei makes you twitch, and punishes you for it.

One thing that I love doing and that people have started calling the "C_3 special" is to delay the B.E. activation of 4B to bait button presses. For example:

AA or (A) hits (which is +6), 4B in case they press buttons (i11 window), if they do, immediately B.E. or stagger to bait a button press, then standard combo enders (1K BE, CE, etc.) This example doesn't work on natsu if she AA's, but it's worth a shot regardless.

try it! it works wonders :D

Make sure to try and use 66B+K with your B+K BE. It hit's them from behind and then ein hits after. It's kind of a semi unblockable if they don't read you in time. I haven't tested it on Voldo yet so I'm not sure how that would go lol.

Also 1(B) is his best oki tool since it hits grounded. If you do the K and release ein it will pick the opponent up and slam him back down of which you can CE after for monster damage. This pretty much forces the opponent to tech into mix-ups or die painfully.

so the only real use i see for the 214 stance is to use them during delayed EIN moves (like 4[A] 214B). is there anything else even remotely useful with his stance?

one thing i've noticed, and liked alot, is ZWEI's ability to make pseudo-unblockables. that is, when EIN and ZWEI attack at almost the same time so that whoever hits second is a guaranteed hit. for example, 44B (delayed or normal) seems to yield the most obvious result because it doesn't matter who hits 1st because someone's gonna get through.

so my question is what are some good ways to make pseudo-unblockables? most of them are definitely gonna involve delaying EIN though, that much is a given.

4[A], Knife Fiend B, 3B-Guaranteed at all times and can lead to some nasty wall combos as well as be followed up with 1kA+B+K mid screen. Can be tricky to time but it's relatively easy once you get the hang of it.

Is there a certain way I have to practice this in training mode? Everytime I try I always end up getting the 3b blocked.

Have you guys found or thought of any options after 4B, 6B, 22A, 6A? These all leave the opponents on crumple stun and I was wondering what you guys thought were good options to do after these.

Just got the opportunity to play ZWEI for the second time now.

Couldn't reliably follow up with anything after 6A, but sometimes 1K with 4B and 22A, though it's pretty gimmicky.
General feeling is... the man is fun, but honestly I had trouble beating my scrubby all-attack Rugi friend with him. And I perfect the scrubby friend with Astaroth all the time.

EDIT: Also 214 B seems to whiff too much.

I personally like to use [A] at mid range. People see a whiffed A and like to think its time for a counterattack or punishment until Jon Talbain comes out and slaps them. Also its fairly fast

Just keep practicing it.
I let EIN go a little after Knife Fiend B, you need to recover from that move too before you let the 3b rip.
You should get the timing down easily, I just find some problems setting it up :P

I guess the best option after a stun would be 3A BE, 66A+B, but maybe there's better?
If you have the meter you can do 4b BE, CE, b+k, 4a+B. A lot of the options are covered in the the combo threads.
Edit: I didn't realize that 3a BE does more damage than 4b BE. So maybe that is the best route to go into whatever.

mabye it's alredy known, but jsut in case:
b+k(BE),Knife fiend B (56 dmg, if add 2k it's 68dmg)
b+k(be),b+k(on block), Knife fiend B, 66a+b (77dmg)

i don't think it's realy useful(mabye near walls), but he have it.

I don't know if this is useful/known or not but I noticed something with b+k BE. After you use it, wait until Z.W.E.I recovers from his stance and press b+k again. If you did it right he should do b+k, Ein will go away and then reappear for the original BE attack.

I would like to add that b+k BE,b+k will also allow to move for abit with Ein charged in

He's feeling pretty gimmicky at the moment. Are there any other good attack options or lead ins after 1B and 4A options? 66BA is passable for step kill and feels better for getting in thanks to the TC. 3B's range is awfully short and its hard to use well. I really can't think of any options where I can use 3B. 66A is useful, as is the BE for combos and step kill. But general purpose, all around good stuff is hard to find with him. I'm stuck using 4A and 1B far too much. Trying to find more options.

i'm not seeing how this character can be good. All of his EIN stuff seems like its easily defeatable, or maybe i'm just missing something. Does Zwei have any defense against anopponent just sidesteping and attacking after 4[A]? If only the recovery from the summon was faster, or at least 4A (no EIN) had faster recovery. Same thing with 1{B} but against fast TCing moves. What are you supposed to do against that? Yeah you can just block after doing only 1B, but there's no offensive option for Zwei, and his punishment sucks so you can't even do much to punish their punishment attempts.

So since most of his EIN moves are apparently just gimmicks, what does that really leave him? Just a bunch of slowish, unsafe normals. Seems like you really gotta outplay your opponent to win.

Back