Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

main problem at high level of play is that zwei is compeltely and utterly unviable.

literally impossible to win if the opponent knows the matchup

prove me wrong, oh wait u cant.

main problem at high level of play is that zwei is compeltely and utterly unviable.

literally impossible to win if the opponent knows the matchup

prove me wrong, oh wait u cant.
and how do u know this? we don't even see alot of high level players using or playing against zwei. And completely unviable? no its not literally impossible just hard as shit. Not just anyone can be good and win with zwei, even I don't think I have the talent to take zwei far in tourney level play because it requires a demanding play style. For instance u can't just spam 4A and 1(B) all day thats not gonna help u win against someone who knows the matchup...instead u need to be good at making guesses and apply just guard to your game....anyone can Just guard true but zwei needs it alot because his block punishment is very poor.

I think he is viable. You just have to play with 6 moves. A+B(for punishes and whiff punishes), 2K(your low poke), 6A(your stepkiller), grabs, and B+K(medium range), and 66A+B(guard pressure and damage). Thats all. Try winning with just all of that and also GIs and B+K BE. See what happens.

I think he is viable. You just have to play with 6 moves. A+B(for punishes and whiff punishes), 2K(your low poke), 6A(your stepkiller), grabs, and B+K(medium range), and 66A+B(guard pressure and damage). Thats all. Try winning with just all of that and also GIs and B+K BE. See what happens.
Doesn't the 6A only track to one side?

Yeah 6A tracks only on one side! boo hoo :/ anyway....have u guys found any use for zwei's 66A BE? I never ever use that move....it's easily just guarded and i think the hitboxes on are just god awful since it can be sidestepped and front stepped pretty easily

have u guys found any use for zwei's 66A BE

Untitled.jpg

You tell me...

...apparently, there's no combo list, so I'll just throw these here..

3B W! 1(B) iR A+B W! (B) 1K = 123

3B W! 1(B) iR 3B W! (B) (tech trap: all->) CE B+K 4A+B (tech trap: all->) 2K = 213
3B W! 1(B) iR A+B W! (B) (tech trap: all but back, unless near a corner/edge->) CE B+K 4A+B (tech trap: all->) 2K = 227

3B W! 1(B) iR 3B W! (B) (tech trap: all->) CE B+K CE B+K 4A+B (tech trap: all->) 2K = 241
3B W! 1(B) iR A+B W! (B) (tech trap: all but back, unless near a corner/edge->) CE B+K CE B+K 4A+B (tech trap: all->) 2K = 254

66[A+B] ~ 44B ~ 1K* ~ CE ~ B+K ~ 4A+B hits 111. Not bad.
66[A+B] ~ 44B ~ 1K* ~ A+B hits 92. Not worth the effort and meter, since you can just replace 44B for 4[A+B] and get 89.
66[A+B] ~ 44B ~ 66A+B hits 86. Same as above, less damage than replacing it with 4[A+B]. Maybe useful if you want to keep your opponent close.

Back