Z.W.E.I. General Discussion/Q&A

Just look at top Zwei Zane and his EVO performance, one win from top 8 with a "bad" character
1377949_594536153925499_1479774856_n.jpg

Why is 66A BE not used more? +15 on just guard people, grab mid mix ups and GI is never guaranteed because you can hold EIN. Ive used this move like crazy because its a license for a free mix up.

Why is 66A BE not used more? +15 on just guard people, grab mid mix ups and GI is never guaranteed because you can hold EIN. Ive used this move like crazy because its a license for a free mix up.
But it's crazy slow for a high. i25, on paper anyway, is in reactable territory, and the rest of 66A is pretty underwhelming. 66A BE might cause a decent outcome, but it's definitely a flaw that it's attached to 66A.

I feel like if you can throw this out to get a mix-up you already had a mix-up from the start. I haven't really used it too much myself, but that's just my 2 cents.

But it's crazy slow for a high. i25, on paper anyway, is in reactable territory, and the rest of 66A is pretty underwhelming. 66A BE might cause a decent outcome, but it's definitely a flaw that it's attached to 66A.

I feel like if you can throw this out to get a mix-up you already had a mix-up from the start. I haven't really used it too much myself, but that's just my 2 cents.
Slow? Maybe. But in reactable territory, not so sure on that one. Its his best long range horizontal. All his other horizontals are either short range or unsafe. AA: T-rex like. 3AA: Can be good but the last hit is high. Though it can be mixed up with the latest BE timing, 3A BE is still -16.

66A: Safe, breaks in 11, knockdown and isnt all that slow. When Zwei is running at you you've got 66B and 66A+B on your mind. You decide to "react" and you may get hit with massive damage.

Slow? Maybe. But in reactable territory, not so sure on that one. Its his best long range horizontal. All his other horizontals are either short range or unsafe. AA: T-rex like. 3AA: Can be good but the last hit is high. Though it can be mixed up with the latest BE timing, 3A BE is still -16.

66A: Safe, breaks in 11, knockdown and isnt all that slow. When Zwei is running at you you've got 66B and 66A+B on your mind. You decide to "react" and you may get hit with massive damage.
66A also rings out/give him W! Into full combo. A common thing people to is step when your running at them and their back is cornered. If they block it because its safe you could go for GI if you think they will attack you straight away and put them in the 50\50 of A+B or delayed A+B.

Well, I hate to be that guy but i22 is considered reactable. It gets a bit fuzzier with moves faster than that, but it really depends on what the start up frames look like. I'm not saying people are likely to react to it, but it is definitely humanly possible.

What you're saying is convincing me a little though. It might not be that bad for mid range. I still think it's slow. It's probably more likely I'll get mashed out of 66A than having it ducked on reaction. Or someone will use a move that tech crouches and tech steps to beat both 66B/66A+B and 66A. I would never use it against twitch duckers who expect I'm going to throw either. It's definitely not a good move, and instead it's a not-that-bad-for-Zwei move.

(≧∇≦)/ ummmm... A message from zane, delivered by me per his request.

"After A+B, once the opponent knows you can tech forward and step 66A+B, 66A BE becomes a guaranteed step killer for up to 116dmg with CE, and 126dmg with 1K extention. Don't throw it out mindlessly."

─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ ok, done delivering message. Bai.

♪(o ̄∇ ̄)/ hi! Another message from Zane delivered by the puppy of the wolfpack (aka me). He told me to post this in the general discussion so uhhh, here lol.

New Tech:

1. Zwei's 44B with no Ein is -11 on GRD
2. CE > 44B tech trap does not work on Pyrrha because of her small hitbox
3. CE > 66(A+B) > CE ~ only works on characters with big hit boxes
4. CE > B+K BE > B+K > ~ is a REALLY nasty mix up between a mid such as 66B, a low such as running K, 11K when near the wall, 44A for wall combo, 1K for grounded opponents, a or an unblockable set up with 214B.

A reminder that after 66A+B you can 214B to set up for a grab mix up, a 1K BE reset, another 66A+B, or B+K BE mix ups. It's not worth going for the 4(A+B) unless it kills since it only does like 10dmg more than 214B and leaves the opponent too far away to do anything.

─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ ok, done delivering another message. Baiiiiii.

Last edited:
Thanks Zane and thanks darkwings for being a great messenger :)

New tech from me -
Running K into 1K/1K BE combos on Tira and Astaroth(but not at wall).

Running K when at the wall into 1K/1K BE combos on ZWEI, Natsu, Ivy and Dampierre. (You have to be right up at the wall before sliding so they get sent to the side)

Last edited:
darkwings13 will be my messenger until I have... well another day when I'm not flooded with work. Thanks and good job at keeping this up guys!

Spirit of the wolf!

So two questions-
4AA and 4ABE mixup, worthy?
And 22K, is a good fallow up after A+G 4B BE 1KBE?

3AA I think you mean, no unfortunately ZWEI cant delay the BE so if he doesn't do it straight away then only the 3aa can come out. Some people duck straight away and get hit but thats MU ignorance.
You mean to combo 22k after 1k be? if it does combo (i cant check right now) in terms of damage and spacing does it prove to be better than 66ba ender?

Back