Z.W.E.I. Patch/Wishlist

I lost a match I should've won when A+B whiffed after a 1K{BE} combo... I remember it well, it was on Raphael's stage agianst a Viola player, it came down to the wire where we both were in kill range, the next hit/ combo would win the match. I punished their whiff with 3B and knew I had it, I had to combo into 1K{BE} knowing 3B, A+B wouldn't get the job done. I confidently applied the combo, thinking about doing a wacky combo to win with instead I decided to cut the risk and strictly go for A+B knowing full well it would combo without any problems!

THEN IT WHIFFS

It crushed my spririt and I got 2K'd for the loss...
Thats the saltiest I ever was and ever will be...

Zwei already has to risk so much just to get in with a range that comes up short and gimmicks that only do guard damage... Please fix all consistencey issues Namco! At the very least I'd like reliable combos, I don't even care if they don't do anything but fix the consistencey problems, in my opinion those come first... (technically it wouldn't even be a buff, so don't complain about Zwei whenever Toilet pwns the JPN community Namco!)

I remember on one of those clutch situations where viola was doing her crazy combos and trying to open me up so I just randomnly threw out a A+B and won.
I thought that we need a happy story for once.

If you change the motion input of this move into 8B+K or 9B+K, then you won't be able to do it while crouching.

Uhhhhh.... what exactly would stop you from doing it while crouching?

Also the fact that it's a "66" instead of a "44" (or anything else), makes you approach your opponent, increasing the chances to land behind him instead of in front of him.

OR You could simply press 66, neutral and then 8B+K. Problem solved.

It just sucks when when you fail the input of 66B+K and end up doing 6B+K and you get hit hard lol

It just sucks when when you fail the input of 66B+K and end up doing 6B+K and you get hit hard lol

Buffering it from Guard helps but yeah, I feel your pain! Its almost like this attack has a more strict input or something like that, but I think it comes down to the situation you're in when you use it...
An example would be if you get knocked down, then you ukemi/tech Left or Right, this puts you at more of a disadvantage (depending on the move that KND), because teching Left or Right is 10 frames less safe than Neutral*Ground tech (same thing). So when you try to buffer 66 the attack doesn't regester if you do it too early, you have to wait until the window of disadvantage is gone, which can be a pain becuase the opponent would probably hit you out of 66B+K anyway at that point. This isn't as specific a situation as you think...

That whole Ukemi/Tech situation also apllies to GI's (4A+B+K), when you buffer those out of tech then it probably won't work, you have to wait until the window of disadvantage you're at is gone before the GI input registers, this is also a pain...

I would also like to hold 7*8*9 while Guarding to Jump like in SC4, why did they change that?
A Natsu player will be Throwing an obvious Bomb out, I'll be Guarding and thinking "oh a bomb, jump it" then when I hold Up nothing comes out, looks like I was just staring at it...

I just thought of another move that I think would help Zwei a bit.

The crap that is 33/99B

Change 33/99B to 236B.. This move is supposed to TC. Has anybody here actually used it for that? Has anybody here actually had it TC anything except on accident? Why is that? Because it's slow. Well the speed actually isn't the problem. It's that it's tied to that damn 8wr motion. The TC window is small enough. The move itself is slow enough. The extra frames from the 8wr make it worse, easy to see, and downright unusable. I actually want to find a use for this move. Turning it into 236B makes it more intuitive. MUCH simpler to do it off a crouch or the ground. You can react with it without those retarded frames.

Or

Increase the TC frames on 33/99B. Even simpler. The move isn't fast or quick by any means. It's only safe with BE and even then, it's not like EIN comes out like lightning. Plus EIN whiffs on this move too sometimes. (What is it with EIN whiffing so much?)

Look, Zwei is a tough guy to "fix" IMO. You just can't speed him up or give him quick lows that stun or knockdown because he'd be broken. With all the tech traps and unblockables you can do with Zwei already, giving him a quick low or even a really awesome, quick, horizontal mid would make him a nightmare to defend against (no pun intended). It looks his fighting style was supposed to depend on guard breaking and tech traps and unblockables with clever defense. And the occasional mid/throw mixup.

I think if you can increase his defensive capabilities (because many of his moves are slow) can make him better without breaking the game and keeping his core fighting style intact. You put Zwei on the defensive right now, and I honestly just hope I get knocked down because it feels like I have more options on the ground than standing. :lol:

Except vs Mitsu with meter. The guys wakeup game is fucking brutal.

The TC of WRB is only in the fact that he's ducking. 33B has a ducking part in the move. Also, 33B is supposed to be faster. WRB is i25. 33B is i22.

And besides, I don't use 33B. Dare I say, nobody uses that move. I'm trying to find a use for the damn thing.

The TC of WRB is only in the fact that he's ducking. 33B has a ducking part in the move. Also, 33B is supposed to be faster. WRB is i25. 33B is i22.

And besides, I don't use 33B. Dare I say, nobody uses that move. I'm trying to find a use for the damn thing.
I know i don't use it..but sometimes its a risk u have to take since zwei gets good damage off a good read with 33B BE...i only use the BE version not the regular one....and same with 3A BE. 3A BE and 33B BE are bad on block...but if your opponent eats one of them u get good damage, I use them once in awhile....up to u if ur willing to take those risk or not.

I know i don't use it..but sometimes its a risk u have to take since zwei gets good damage off a good read with 33B BE...i only use the BE version not the regular one....and same with 3A BE. 3A BE and 33B BE are bad on block...but if your opponent eats one of them u get good damage, I use them once in awhile....up to u if ur willing to take those risk or not.

yea i gotta say the only time i use 33B is on accident. however yesterday i reacted to a hit 33B and hit the BE version for a ringout. i agree that a 236 movement would make it easier to use

Can't you air control out of 33B BE? I heard you could, but I never really cared to test it because I never land the damn thing.

i use 33B BE in 2 cases- whiff punish from close distance, and the 1(B) hold - 44A -Ein hit - 33B BE - then taunt cancel for quick Ein recovery

See.... here's the thing.

People with extensive experience Zwei like using 66B+K as a defensive move and as a great move to escape situations. Like getting out of block strings and tech traps.
Like jumping away from wall pressure and turning the tables.
Like jumping over lows, 2A, and a good number of horizontal mids.

This move can be like Mitsu's4B or Ivy's 214B but far less gay. A get out of jail free card on - frames. The problem?

#1 It's tied to that stupid 8wr motion.
#2 God forbid you miss the motion and get that insanely worthless 6B+K series to pop out instead.

So instead of jumping over and away and out of a potential dangerous situation, you're getting counter hit for half your fucking life. For example, when you're in block stun from a charged bullrush from Astaroth a really awesome way to get out of whatever bullshit he's gonna do on the next attack (be it a throw or his knee or another bull rush), is to jump over it with 66B+K.

Oh but wait....... You have to buffer that stupid fucking motion in block stun to get it out.
Oh wait.... you just did the worthless Pied Piper series. And Asta did another bull rush. Oh wait..... No... he did the EX version. So now you get launched.... on CH..... and now you're fucking dead.

So yes, you can "more simply press 66B+K" and possibly get fucking raped out your block stun when you don't get your buffer perfect.

OR, you could "more simply" change the motion to 8B+K/9B+K.

I understand your frustration...
His 66B+K should be his 6B+K, two birds with one stone, problem solved...

On a separate note, 33*99B should be safe, possibly -8 safe?
I find it effective matchup-wise, like against Raphael, you can step his 236B & 66B, then TC under 66A when you see him dash in... Still something I'm working on personally but I've gotten it to work a couple times, and by work I mean my opponent was hesitant about catching my spacing from mid to far range... It also Sidesteps SCH B and TC under SCH A after all SCH transitions on block in the Siegfried matchup, but I like stepping into 4{A} better, 33*99B's proper usage is few and far between...

Zwei should have the following moves:
3214123691:B+G
Asura Dance
Ein Bubbles
Ein Doom Combo
Ein Force Grab
3B8 AABB combo
Ein C1, C2, C3
(Ein set) 6B+K
2KB
2B+K that pokes your foot and gives a stun that allows a 66A+B
iEin GDR