Zas Matchups

I think Zas is over Yun, or maybe thats just me. Yun's best bet is to space Zas, his up close shenanigans only work on those not knowledgeable. Crane K shouldnt instill any type of fear in you. Yun has slow lows, and linear pressure. I say its 4:6 in Zas's favor.

That's not exactly right. Depending ont eh situation CR K:G is a must block. Yun has VERY strong TCs, and VERY strong TJs. He also cuts step WAY better than Zas does, he also does more damage, and being one of teh characters in teh game with an i12 attack, makes this fight hard for Zas. Remember He also has defensive tools like (44B) and the range that tracks (6B and 9B+K) to deal with him. The match is very even.

Same with Maxi, if you know when Maxi is vulnerable, they wont stance shift as much. A lot of Maxi is built around pressure through mind control, he scares you into standing still until he can stance into something tricky that gives either a)+ frames b)low hit. 2A/B+K eats Maxi alive.

This is also even. Maxi is not reliant on stances and even so Zas B+K and 2A are pretty pathetic. TJs eat 2As, and while Maxi gets 60+ for TJ, u get > 20 damage, B+K does 0 dmg. Zas linearity makes his evasive moves work better too. His speed makes everything else work better. Maxi is strong at mid range, he doesn't need to get in although RC A does the job quite fine. The holes u speak are a gamble that is NOT in Zas favor, if he were to anticipate wrong he would lose WAY more (cuz his damage is poor). You have to know Maxi intimately to know what to do. Don't go with the crowd. Also remember any whiff from Zas leads to B+KBBBB jf from maxi resulting in a loss of 67 dmg. And Zas is that easy to step. Maxi has VERY strong TCs as well. 5/5

Art: Yun =/= CR. Common misconception. CR isn't factored into matchups because of how the stance works. Most of his lows are slow sure but that means little. It's all about the animation. No one blocks his lows consistently.

Qshi: Yea 4B+K > CR. Free RO if they risk the evade. If you block most transitions into CR Zas 3K is all you need to shut it down. 2A is not reliable due to CR K's early TJ.

Art: Yun =/= CR. Common misconception. CR isn't factored into matchups because of how the stance works. Most of his lows are slow sure but that means little. It's all about the animation. No one blocks his lows consistently.

Qshi: Yea 4B+K > CR. Free RO if they risk the evade. If you block most transitions into CR Zas 3K is all you need to shut it down. 2A is not reliable due to CR K's early TJ.

i15 moves trade with CR B and you get ch-combo'ed. So thats not the end-all-be-all either.

With Amy I always feel as if I have to 2A her all the time to get out of my face. Definitely the worst matchup for Zasalamel in my experience.

-Keep him out with 4B+K.
-Step to his right.
-Don't let him fish for CH B6.
-Punish stuff like Relic B (BB4) and Relic A (iFC 3B)

Mitsu is pretty slow. Try to stay out of his mixup range and punish him hard when you guess right.

For talim i usually like to time 4 a+b at the start of the match because some will right off the bat jump at you to hit you low i'd say it works 25% of the time hahaha =D

Hello guy's.
I'm new to Zasalamel, and will maybe ask questions that as been answer for years.
Sry about that.

If there is a topic more adapted to my questions, feel free to move my questions.
Thx.

Where can I find informations on the Zas vs Talim match-up ?
All I know about this match up comes from theese vids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6xtCEXk_PI
Yet, without any explanations, I really has lot of trouble to deal with the little girl...
Is there something I should know about this match up which can help me ?

Same question goes for Mitsurugi.

I have other questions but they 'll probably not be in the good topic...

Anyway, I noticed that Zas can use BT B in some situation and that it'll give the same launcher as Voldo BS 3B in counter hit.
Which means, the opponent will not be able to air control, nor roll on the ground but only just ukemi to avoir the next move.
This can give some good damage. Exemple vs Ivy/Lizard/Sieg/Asta/Night/big guy's 3B counter 66A+B4 BT B 66A+B = half life.
Yet this seems not to work so well outside of training mode. Is there some knind of timing, or bug like 66A+B4 to be able to use it at will ?

Another bug that I'm not able to use, is the "slide" on ground which occurs from time to time after 66A+B4.
The best way to see the slide is to FC3B Astaroth in training mode from the start position, then 66A+B4.
For some reason, Zas will slide on the ground... But I have no idea how to use that, and even if it's usefull...

Last but not least, after 6AB counter hit a BT B+K delayed will result in a combo that pemit to stay BT.
That is just a question of timing that I'm now able to mastered.
How ever, after a 2nd BT B+K (on grounded opponent or on standing opponent) it happens sometimes that Zas stay, once again, BT...
Is there a way to master this ? Or is this random ?

Thx.

Snipped so my post isn't massive
Hey Malek I'm not too experianced and I haven't been serious about Zasalamel in a while but I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my ability because there isn't much activity here that I can tell.

I'll have to test the BT B thingy since I haven't heard anything about it that I can remember. Interesting find! On BT B+K into BT its a timing thing, you can do it over and over if you really want, but since(I think) they can GI BT B+K it can be risky repeating it. I think you just hold for a slight charge and they'll remain behind you.

Talim has always frustrated me because I can't really understand her frame data much, but your best friend is spacing which is probably a dumb statement with how obvious it is. She can tech crouch things like 6BA 6AB with 236B which makes this very risky. Since I find 6BA to be the center piece of his SC game it makes it really hard to press for a CF. Her ability to get in with 66B on a whiffed 66BB, 4A etc makes these risky too. Zasalamel has problems with pressure with an i15 2A and a lot of his tools leaving him at disadvantage. I prefer to use a lot of 4B+K and try to punish unsafe things with b:K. Yes I know it doesn't leave you at the same advantage as BB4 but it pushes out again which means she has to work her way back in on you. Same works for light whiffs if you don't want to risk something bigger. Zasalamel does have some solid pokes, and a good punish game. Whenever I'm against a Talim really I just chip when I can, try to keep them out where I have the better ranged pokes, and punish what I can.

I'm really sorry this post isn't that helpful I'm a bit sleepy, not too exceptional a player to begin with, and again my Zasalamel and vs Talim logic are a bit slouched. I'm a pretty big fan though, and if you walk away knowing anything new then hey, glad to help out.

Anyway, I noticed that Zas can use BT B in some situation and that it'll give the same launcher as Voldo BS 3B in counter hit.
Which means, the opponent will not be able to air control, nor roll on the ground but only just ukemi to avoir the next move.
This can give some good damage. Exemple vs Ivy/Lizard/Sieg/Asta/Night/big guy's 3B counter 66A+B4 BT B 66A+B = half life.

This is really interesting. I just checked this out quick and CH 3B4, 66A+B4, (slightly delayed) BT B, 66A+B seems to combo for something like 82 damage. I've never heard of BT B having that effect before, thanks for pointing it out.

Another bug that I'm not able to use, is the "slide" on ground which occurs from time to time after 66A+B4.
The best way to see the slide is to FC3B Astaroth in training mode from the start position, then 66A+B4.
For some reason, Zas will slide on the ground... But I have no idea how to use that, and even if it's usefull...

You mean when Zas ends up facing the opponent after 66A+B4's launch? If so then as far as I can tell it's just a range specific issue he has against some characters. If you find yourself in that situation I know b:K combos, and I think I remember being able to do 4A+B in some situation against Zas... but I'm not sure, It's been a while since I messed around with him.

Thx for answers.

Against Talim I train a lot theese past days. I try to punish things with b:K but for now still prefer BB4 or 6k:B depending of what is possible.
After a ducked AA6BA (duck on the last one on hit or block), 6AB seems to shut down all of her options.
The damages are not good compare to FC3B or 4B+K for example which also works in some situations, but 6AB deals damage no matter what Talim decide to do after AA6BA.
As Zas is able to do so even on hit, I think it's a good idea to use moves that cannot be punished with BB, but only with AA to force this situation.
I'll test this asap in real situation.

About BT B, in opponent don't just ukemi both 66BB and 66A+B are combo.
They also both are tech trap if delayed.
But the timing for BT B is kind of strange, and it is even harder to delaye enough 66BB/66A+B in order to tech trap...

Yeah, it looks like a range issue. But 4A+B seems not to works and B:K is not very good as a combo on air opponent...
So this is just not usefull at all. This range issue is just a problem and don't give any advantage...

Against Mitsu, well it's ok now. Because the supreme master is back with a vid that I cannot stop to watch again and again !

Against Mitsu, well it's ok now. Because the supreme master is back with a vid that I cannot stop to watch again and again !

Malek, what video??? I haven't seen it yet!

/edit: Nevermind. Got supreme master's mixed up. Sorry. Lol

Back