Zasalamel: Sc5 Wishlist

Zasalamel isn't a spacing character. He's a close range character by all means. He's entire game is centered around pulling you in and mixing you up with throws and mids.
Yes it is, but I think it should be a long range game. His frames are shit, and thatd be ok if the enemy was at a longer range where they can't hit you and you can recover from the i21 CH 4A:B if it whiffs.

I have a question for those of you who are familiar with SC3 Zasalamel: how useful was his 46B+G command grab (I believe that was the input)? The one that is now a part of the Nergal JF series (4A:B, 44A:B, 6B+K:B, etc).

I didn't play it, but it looks like(from what i've seen) it looped great into what it now 4B and im sure some other moves/combos. I don't think thats a funtional command grab, it should've been a just move as it is now.

I have a question for those of you who are familiar with SC3 Zasalamel: how useful was his 46B+G command grab (I believe that was the input)? The one that is now a part of the Nergal JF series (4A:B, 44A:B, 6B+K:B, etc).
Pretty shitty. It basically stunned the opponent...who could then shake out of the stun. Did horrible damage and nothing was guaranteed off it.

What you may see in some videos, like the one of Omega is VC. Basically the VC glitch allowed you to cancel the throw animation making you recover earlier, while you're opponent was stuck in the throw animation. This gave you an opportunity to combo of it. Pretty powerful but glitchy and bannable. I think doing a couple of those glitches with Zas froze the game screen or something.

Zas's CE attack should drain meter from the opponent.

If anyone had a special absorption power, it'd be him.
That is a fantastic idea come to think of it. But does it do damage or just run down enemy gauge while keeping yours the same? Needs some thought.

Here's some dreaming of what could have been... Still missing Zasalamel al lot in this game.

CE: throw like Ivy and Astaroth. I choose a throw CE because it complements his draw game. SC IV critical finish animation can be re-used minus the sucking into the void, just replace it with a void-like explosion.

BE's:

66B BE: delayable mid with k:B animation that stuns, allows 4B:B follow-up. Also allows jump-over bt B+K mixups ^^ I love that.

A+G BE: sc III command throw that gives enough frames for 4B:B to hit. Complemented with B+G for some strong reverse RO mix-ups. Hilde is allowed to have this, so can Zas, he still has to time the just frame.

4A/44A BE: Regular 4A and 44A no longer pull in on block like in broken destiny. Pull in is only possible with BE version that gives guard break properties and +6 frames on block. On hit it gives the nergal just frame attack throw animation.

I love to dream :)

Ugh, this thread makes me so sad.

Frankly, aside from changing a few frames (and making pimp hand not suck) I feel like Zas could be really competitive in SC5, especially since shakeable stuns are gone. Because really, almost all of his most powerful combos were either shakable, or started by slow or unsafe moves. With the removal of stun recovery, I think the opponent would have a lot more to fear.

pimp hand actually did damage in SC4 BD, so maybe thats a better starting point.

In fact, a CE pimp hand would be pretty awesome

Here's some dreaming of what could have been... Still missing Zasalamel al lot in this game.

CE: throw like Ivy and Astaroth. I choose a throw CE because it complements his draw game. SC IV critical finish animation can be re-used minus the sucking into the void, just replace it with a void-like explosion.

BE's:

66B BE: delayable mid with k:B animation that stuns, allows 4B:B follow-up. Also allows jump-over bt B+K mixups ^^ I love that.

A+G BE: sc III command throw that gives enough frames for 4B:B to hit. Complemented with B+G for some strong reverse RO mix-ups. Hilde is allowed to have this, so can Zas, he still has to time the just frame.

4A/44A BE: Regular 4A and 44A no longer pull in on block like in broken destiny. Pull in is only possible with BE version that gives guard break properties and +6 frames on block. On hit it gives the nergal just frame attack throw animation.

I love to dream :)
Maybe he could have a *gasp* horizontal initial hitbox on his CE, how come no one has that

Back