Zwei Tech Trap Discussion

After all of these new discoveries. I thought I would take a look at 4B*,

The only tech trap that I found was 4B* > 1A.

If you delay the 1A, you will tech trap in all directions and deal 67.
If you do not delay 1A, you ware put into +17.
If they roll to the side 1A will catch them.

Even though 1A does not do as much damage as 66A+B wihtout teching, This combination will allow you to break down the oppositions guard from the massive frame advantage.

The only tech trap that I found was 4B* > 1A.
4B* B+K* > BB = left, front, back (single B hit for back tech)
4B* > 8A+B = back, front, right (2nd hit for all)

err.... and I'm pretty sure A+B and WR B become tech traps in here as well, I remember posting them somewhere... but they're all useless though. So, 1A would be the best option

Reactions: Egg
4B* B+K* > BB = left, front, back (single B hit for back tech)
4B* > 8A+B = back, front, right (2nd hit for all)

err.... and I'm pretty sure A+B and WR B become tech traps in here as well, I remember posting them somewhere... but they're all useless though. So, 1A would be the best option

4B*> B+K* >BB does not seem to work on viola.

I just found this one btw.
4B* > (6)8A (timed)

After 4B* B+K* there are a lot of options to consider here depending on your opponent.

Some ideas I had
4B* > B+K* > 11A - low mixup. Ein will CH if 11A connects/
4B* > B+K* > 3AA = Mid mixup. Ein will will NH and a 1A follow up is guranteed on hit.
4B* > B+K* > 11K - Low miup and hits grounded. If Ein hits then A CE or 1K* is possibble for massive damage.
4B* > B+K* > 1A - Not a mixup, Low hits grounded amd is pretty safe if Ein follows up. If you use this when they are about to Gurad Burst Ein will CH.
4B* > (B+K)* > 44(B) Einless - 44B will reorientate if you hold B. If 44B connects then Ein should cause massive damage

Last edited:
4B*> B+K* > 214B > ein hit.
^ ive been using this one for ages, successful about 90% the time I use it.

This makes them wanna stay grounded for- 4B* > B+K* > 1K > ein hit or 4B* > B+K* > B+K > run up mix ups > ein.

66:4A gets rid of the back step distance from 44_11_77A. Pretty useful in situations when you're trying to stay in the opponent's face.

Umm... something funny. When you do 4B* > B+K* > and then pied piper feint, the opponent sees Zwei stab the ground and goes "wtf?? o.O Imma attack diz nicca" and then eats the follow up + Ein haha. Dem mind games

By the way guys, some new MU-dep tech (Im not sure its new, since I just sat down to practice mode and found that in, like, during first 15 mins)

In some matchups all combos that end with 66A+B can be extended by another 66A+B.
It adds about 12 damage for all combos. More if they try to Ukemi.

How to do it:
Do 66A+B so that EIN hit would tech trap (release about moment, when first hit of A+B connects, almost "during hit"), then do another 66A+B. Simple as that.
There is no way out, no ukemi to any side would work. You cant test that on CPU so use ZWEI command capture and try it yourself.
Guaranteed + double tech trap. Sweet.
Works on: Mitsurugi, ZWEI, Hilde, Seigfried, Cervantes, Nightmare, Maxi, Yoshi, aPat
Doesnt work: everyone else can ukemi left
Didnt test: mimics

It works if hits these characters front or right side, on left side ukemi is possible to left side, on back hit (including voldo BS), ukemi can be done to either side.
Most obvious combo that comes to mind is 4B(BE),66A+B it should work almost every time here against those characters.

Now what you can do here is dash, 3A which is tech trap ALL sides, works on all characters and you can hitdetect ukemi here and BE your 3A on time. Massive damage!

1A > WRA is a tech trap. Requires a little timing to catch tech.
Total damage for Tech trap is 56 amd nets you +3 on hit.

CH 6A or 3A* > 1A > WR A = Close Proximity multi tech trap = 92 damage.
If the is performed near wall or edge then this tech trap will work. You can mix in options to hit gounded if you think they will try to sleep through your onslaught or if they are trying to get up. Nail em.

6A CH > 1A seems to be blockable if teched to the right.

However

CH 6A > 3AA will counter right tech. This also means you could do this if you have a stupidly antsy opponent

CH 6A > 3A* > 1A > = 108 damage and can be mixed into grounded attacks that will combo as well.

These tech traps all seem to have really good damage.

Also Im not sure if this is new but
B+K* slight delay > 66BA > CE

Try to whiff B and land the A for Max damage in this combo. Ein's timing can be finicky.

Last edited:
I found a new glitch! :D (B+K*) slight hold > 3B > 44B+K (it will whiff because of Ein) turns out Ein punches you with fire!! :o so awesome. It's useless though, it doesn't do anything at all... but at least you get to see a spirit wolf with a super saiyan fire punch! :p anyway. Carry on

Last edited:
This seems potentially really good.
B+K > iwrB (back/front and catching left and right is possible aswell.)
If you catch them forward and back teching then you get the nice full wrB combo for 110 damage meterless. (more with meter)
If you catch either left or right tech your btB+K will be out of range but you can still btA+B or G > 1K BE for at least 100 damage.

Good find andy.

Looks like B+K > WRB > A+B is about the max damage you can get of the tech trap for about 100 damage.
Just to build on that.

B+K* > B+K on hit > 8A+B or 1K.

1K seems to have a wonky timing and if you time it just late enough this turns Ein into a tech trap.

Last edited:
Your right andy the move is to slow...

I must have been playing someone really horrible lol.

So speaking of 1A.

What does everyone like to do off of 1A hitting?

Last edited:
Your right andy the move is to slow...

I must have been playing someone really horrible lol.

So speaking of 1A.

What does everyone like to do off of 1A hitting?

If i've used 66A+B a tad much i'll go for 44A or 77K, or 1K BE. Catches people if they think you messed up.

If i've used 66A+B a tad much i'll go for 44A or 77K, or 1K BE. Catches people if they think you messed up.
77K should almost never be your go to option, 44A is super short so be careful not to whiff that, and it would be tough to do 1A BE after 1A since it leaves you in a crouch position if I remember correctly.

77K should almost never be your go to option, 44A is super short so be careful not to whiff that, and it would be tough to do 1A BE after 1A since it leaves you in a crouch position if I remember correctly.
You can RCC 1K BE

Back