Zwei Tech Trap Discussion

I might have something else as well, still testing to see if it's air controllable, but after a guard break with 6A, 33B BE to CE and followup leads to 144 DMG. As I said, still checking to see if there's anything that can be done to get out of it but I thought I'd share.

It doesnt track enough imo. It will work thoug
Oh that's hot. Stay on the ground and take a UB, or tech and take a tech trap. That's sexy as hell. Zane likes it!

The 4(A+B) tech trap only works if they do not tech to the left. If they tech any other direction then they get to eat big damage.

However I found something else to do instead of 4A+B and 1A

3A* > 44B - Slight hold - This will track to Zweis right. It wont trap but it will CH most charecters. Blocked will do guard damage.

3A* > 661A - This tech traps tp the right lmao.

And something you will like for sure. This wont tech trap but this will help setup vortex and deal guard damage.

3A* > B+K* > 66B+K > Ein > ? - Still experimenal but I think there is potential here. A safe transition into B+K BE is hella good imo.

B+K into B+K* I find gets really tricky.
I
what I found today:

B+K > B+K* > 2A(tech traps all) > either you can attack or let Ein go first. This seems like a great tool imo. Here is the theory behind my thinking.

After 2A lands. There is a little time before Ein comes out. This will create two types of situations. A situation of Panic or a very fast response. Most players will not run in, You should move closer to position Ein into a better place if you can. Here are some situations I thought of, you should add the ones you find.

B+K > B+K* > 2A > 66B+K > Ein > G:option select (someone figure out what the fames are on this one please)

B+K > B+K* > 44B - sadly I cant get this to work. If you can get Ein to strike and still have 44B einless come out. Then this would be sick as hell.

B+K > B+K* > 1K - The only way to escape without block damage is to roll to the left twice. Every other response will be countered by 1K. If they block 1K then they have to react to Ein next.

Ok so something Ive been thinking about Zane.
Vs GI.

I honestly think Zwei can be used in such a way to bait GI. We need to figure out GI Counters.

Here is what I have had success with to bait GI.

66(A+B)~ > Taunt right before Ein strikes.
1(B) > Taunt like above
B+K > B+K* > 2A > UB or 44B+K~G to bait step. If they GI UB will hit.
1K CH > B+K BE > 44B+KG - See what happens when you use that setup a few times and then roll this out when you have them trained.

When I think of more Ill post up. We gotta get zwei done. We are almost into the next game already lol.

Ok something else.

After a little testing. I think 1K BE Einless on grounded enemy puts you at +13. Its a rough guess but I think we will come to find its pretty close.

Last edited:
Ok something else.

After a little testing. I think 1K BE Einless on grounded enemy puts you at +13. Its a rough guess but I think we will come to find its pretty close.
Remember you can JG their GI aswell when you do 66(a+b) or after any max hold Ein and nullify the GI.

New new tech traps (i think) for 1B)K or even Einless 1B)K as long as the K is the last to hit:
1B)K > 4B BE = catches back tech only close up vs the following characters: Pat, ZWEI, Natsu, Ezio, Viola, Pyrrha, Hilde, Cervantes, Tira, Mitsurgi, Maxi, Yoshimitsu, Dampierre, Voldo(front turned only) aPat and P.O.

Now your probably thinking great, how can we destroy side tech? Well unfortunately the only thing i've manged to find is 2a and the reason I say unfortunately is because every character (expect Dampierre) can tech 2a to a certain side and its character dependent, they can either tech left or right. If they tech the correct way 2a whiffs but your still safe(tested aPat to see if he could tech and CE whiff punish you but he cant) and if they tech the wrong way they take 10 extra damage and your at +8. should be noted 2a catches both sides at the wall.

These are the characters what get hit by 2a if they left tech:
ZWEI, Siegfried, Hilde, Cervantes, Nightmare, Mitsurgi, Maxi, Yoshimitsu, Dampierre, Voldo, Astaroth, aPat.
These are the characters what get hit by 2a if they right tech:
Pat, Leixia, Natsu, Ezio, Raph, Viola, Pyrrha, Xiba, Ivy, Aeon, Tira, Dampierre, Algol, P.O.

If you dont wanna risk them teching the correct way then you can 214 delay B to make them block it. But if you can read the back tech vs those characters you can punish them hard with 4b be.

I just realized that 6A has a longer Stun then 3A*.

CH 6A into UB works the same way as 3A* but they are further away. If you use the UB make sure to be close in proximity to get full damage. This will still hit if they do not tech at half damage other wise.

CH 6A > 4(A+B) catchs all tech except back :).

CH 6A > 44B will catch back tech with a guard break from ein.

CH 6A > 66A+B Catchs back tech.

Last edited:
Im on a roll. Found something new. Im sure this can be applied else where.

On hit
B+K* -No delay > 66B+K > Ein > G:3A*>1A
B+K* -No delay > 66B+K > Ein > G:3A*>44B+K
B+K* -No delay > 66B+K > Ein > G:3A*>44(B)
B+K* -No delay > 66B+K > Ein > G:3A*> delay 66A+B (Catchs back tech)
B+K* -No delay > 66B+K > Ein > G:3A* > 4(A+B)

and then you can mixup even more
B+K* -No delay > 66B+K > Ein > G:44B+G
B+K* -No delay > 66B+K > Ein > G:Throw
B+K* -No delay > 66B+K > Ein > G:CE

Wow them 6A CH tech traps, everyone I play mashes ukemi when they get hit by CH 6A this is gonna be fun :)

Oh half way through writing this post I nocticed Pyrrha can tech left to avoid the 4a+b) but thats okay because we still have 1a ;P

Im gonna put each member of the cast in training to see which ones get hit by 4a+b) both sides.

With Pyrra its distance dependent I found. I was just about to come on and mention this.

The Trick with the smaller charecters is to hit them with the middle of the blade. Smaller charecters must be facing you for it to work as well

Can you guys explain to me how JGing after GI works? I only know about the JGing after GI during a super.

There's about 40F where you can get hit if you whiff a GI. You can JG during that recovery period. Not much to it.

This isn't related to the topic of tech traps but I didn't know where else to post it. But I hit with ZWEIs B+K today in a match and it did absolutely NO DAMAGE. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

@AndyrooxDS @Zane @Egg

In 1.00-1.02 Viola could jump after sending out her 6B+K orb and would take no damage when hit out of the air, even by things like Nightmare CE. It was only discovered for Viola before it was patched out, but the patch notes said both Viola and ZWEI could do it.

1.03 patch notes said:
特定のタイミングでヴィオラ、ツヴァイの攻撃が相手からのダメージを無効化できていた現象について対処しました。
Attack phenomenon was addressed where Viola and Z.W.E.I. could reset the damage scaler.

Back