Zwei Video Thread

... Does this deal more damage?
No it just appears to because the CE is being comboed into after the B+K BE. If you look closely you'll see EIN hit and then immediately disappear. The cooldown doesn't allow for EIN to popup for the CE but you still get the animation (at least that's what i'm assuming is going on. Could be something else that causes him not to appear but eh.)

Here's a video of a Semifinals ZWEI in Spain. Even though he lost in the end, there are some excellent moments and it was a fun one to watch.. :)

I started 1 week ago to play with zwei, is my secondary character, my main is patroklos, but for now im full training with zwei ;)

i'm watching it and you're totally right, this guy just shows the potential of Z.W.E.I
Sick, matches toward 1h50( against an Alpha Pat ) are the best i've seen so far in this game. Zoning, Punish, Just Guard ! Mind game, everything's here.

A must see video.

yeah good zwei player, but i think hayate is better than him....but this one...have an interesting style of play with zwei ;)......he uses a lot the B+K(BE)....his actual oponent dont know how to deal with that lol

It's a good ZWEI. The aPat don't deal pretty well and makes some obvious mistake vs Zwei:
- Never roll vs Zwei, you will be hit consistently by 66A+B on ground, and you will get relaunched by 1[.B] K EIN, I won a lot's of match in the first Pre-Launch tournament with this. When opponent stand up it will be more difficult for ZWEI especially because he don't have very good and safe mid to force the opponent to not attack. Even 66A+B will be countered in a lot's of situation, I hope that the range increase of B+K in the patch will help this.
- Always Step+TC and you kill any zoning attempt of ZWEI. 1[.B] and 4[A] series both are very weak versus most step 33B of every character. It will force ZWEI to use 3AA, 88A which is unsafe move.

Good point that I noticed in this ZWEI gameplay :
- He does not confirm consistently with 4[A+B] but he does well for the second hit of 66A+B with 8A+B, and this seem very good.
- Good poking/harass with 2K, 2K, 2K, 4B... that's does good damage at the end and when hit ground, it seems that 66A+B is FB.
- After 8A+B he manage two times to hit with 1K:BE, i'am sure it's not garanteed, but maybe a FB and kill rolls too, it's very interresting and gives a good potential to 8A+B
- 66BA post Oki, he use B+K:BE 3AA and B+K:BB which is two of the best way to neutralize a lots of situation.
- Good confirm of 4[A] EIN (hit) 66BA
- Some mind game with 1[B.] 44A on Oki but he gets CH.
- Good use of basic BB

Some point that can make him better :
- He didn't confirm a lot's of 4[A+B] which will let him win some ending rounds. I'am sure you can confirm 66A+B (first hit) 4[A+B] AND 66A+B (second hit) 8A+B / A+B (I don't trained myself enough to do it yet)
- He don't use 66A:BE which is very good, I managed to confirm 214B on block and 1A on hit, it becomes very good
- He don't throw that much
- No use of 6B+K trap, and generaly no use of guard burst move, I GB often with ZWEI. Maybe because the aPat gets hits too much and don't have a good defense.
- No 66[A+B] mindgame (unblocable trap or FB)
- Not enough step punish, sometimes he try to zone to much and don't let aPat whiff.

I have found some new intersting combo with ZWEI, I will post them all when I got the time, I will wait also the patch.

It's a good ZWEI.
Hey Hayate. I must say I was VERY impressed by that ZWEI. If you watch more his vids he does some crazy stuff like
hit confirm JG on strings like BB (Im only getting to it) JG Astaroth 22_88B and 3B _on reaction_ etc etc. Crazy
Another good thing I say him do was 66B/66BA 66B+K setup on block. Tried yesterday - works very well. Also after most strings opponent try to duck-WS punish like 3A/1B.
I think post 66BA he uses B+K*] , overall he uses lots of delays with ZWEI which i havent got the time to check. And his use is really effective.

How do you make 66A* work? Even if they step they have advantage and can interrupt any your next move with quick pokes.
You didnt see enough vids,as he does use 66A+B] and some of his setups are just sick.
http://www.twitch.tv/ssh022/b/312044885
Try this from 39:10 and 1:42:20.

Yeah I didn't have time to watch all the streaming yet!

Can you explain more about 66B / 66BA 66B+K setup on block?
I saw the JG on BB yeah, but JG is being more used nowdays, especially on freeplay. It's just take time to practise :P

Btw I didn't liked most of the time because the aPat takes always the worst defensive option.
- the first 5-10 match he just don't duck 66BA
- he keeps rolling and lose a lot's of lifebar on 66A+B ground hit and 1B K relaunch
- he keeps geeting hit by B+K:BE 3AA EIN

I will match the other match and probably see what you are talking about.

Still, I really like some setup and move that I didn't expect their use like 8A+B

What do you mean by interrupting 66A BE ? The move is +30 on block xD

Yeah I didn't have time to watch all the streaming yet!

Can you explain more about 66B / 66BA 66B+K setup on block?
I saw the JG on BB yeah, but JG is being more used nowdays, especially on freeplay. It's just take time to practise :P

Btw I didn't liked most of the time because the aPat takes always the worst defensive option.
- the first 5-10 match he just don't duck 66BA
- he keeps rolling and lose a lot's of lifebar on 66A+B ground hit and 1B K relaunch
- he keeps geeting hit by B+K:BE 3AA EIN

I will match the other match and probably see what you are talking about.

Still, I really like some setup and move that I didn't expect their use like 8A+B

What do you mean by interrupting 66A BE ? The move is +30 on block xD
No, I do JG easily on most strings, its just when you get something block and throw out a random JG attempt and A or B gets JG'd I still have some difficulty reacting to what I JG A or B. 50% of the time I can hitconfirm and punish, but other I just miss or use something else. This guy actually reacts to move he JGs so if he JG 1st B he JG's second. If its A he ducks-punish. Very nice.

Yes its true some of his opponents are not very strong, yet his atack flow is really clever. Actually, yesterday on stream (hasnt been put up for some reason) he played some high ranked Aeon and Ivy players from JAP and it was truly amazing display.

When 66A* you block first hit, then you can step and atack before ZWEI can do anything.

I finally watched about an hour of that Japanese ZWEI. He's definitely a good player, but I have to say, I wasn't all that impressed with his ZWEI play.

It was very clear the aPat did not know how to fight against ZWEI. He kept teching into more and more damage, and would not stop pressing buttons. He also rarely ducked 66BA or 3AA. It seemed like the Japanese player used 66BA as the vocal point of his offense, but against players who know how to fight against ZWEI, 66BA does not work well.

So I have to ask, what am I missing from this video? Yes he used JG well, but that's not ZWEI specific. Most of his tech traps can be escaped by a good player, and almost every time he tried to use 4{A} setups, it could've been interrupted if the aPat knew what to do (he started to interrupt a little bit after an hour or so). What am I missing here?

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this, or if this is already here or if I should make a new post with this. This guy goes through zwei. If I need to delete this, or create a new thread let me know.

Part 1
Part 2

Im not sure if this is the right place to put this, or if this is already here or if I should make a new post with this. This guy goes through zwei. If I need to delete this, or create a new thread let me know.

Part 1
Part 2
The combos this guy posted in his video are not all working or guaranteed. he should do more elaborate testing

1b a+b+k isnt guaranteed after CE... correct?

i liked seeing that 33b a+b+k -> BE...... is that consistent? there are a few set ups for that atk if im correct.....

1b a+b+k isnt guaranteed after CE... correct?

i liked seeing that 33b a+b+k -> BE...... is that consistent? there are a few set ups for that atk if im correct.....

what??...I dont know any move 1B A+B+K???

and what??....33B A+B+K > BE???..........you mean 33B(BE) > CE???...if yes....NO is not consistent at all.

Back