236k: Heavy Hitter?

I find 236A to be worthless I'm planning it as a kill move.

So it's worthless, yet you go on to say how you plan to use it. I can only conclude that you plan to use moves that are worthless, which is stupid.

So it's worthless, yet you go on to say how you plan to use it. I can only conclude that you plan to use moves that are worthless, which is stupid.

I think he meant "236A is worthless UNLESS i'm planning it as a kill move", which I would agree with. The other interpretation makes no sense.

I'm pretty sure it can only be punished by K... And nobody really punishes it online at all... whats good is if it whiffs you can cancel it... 66B+K hits grounded and techs off of it, so does 66A if it's delayed a small bit... 2B+KB combos off of it and 11A is nice on wake-up afterward... (and worthless moves are amazing!!!)

I'm pretty sure it can only be punished by K... And nobody really punishes it online at all... whats good is if it whiffs you can cancel it... 66B+K hits grounded and techs off of it, so does 66A if it's delayed a small bit... 2B+KB combos off of it and 11A is nice on wake-up afterward... (and worthless moves are amazing!!!)

It's punishable by more thank K vs some, see maxi wiki for frame data. It's hard to punish reflexively though, that's a +
2B+KB doesn't combo, only A+BG and 1K does...there may be some tech traps of course though.

Does that mean 2B+KB is a tech trap also? Each time Hobo got me with it I couldn't escape 2B+KB... And I looked at the frame data, it isn't very precise...

Does that mean 2B+KB is a tech trap also? Each time Hobo got me with it I couldn't escape 2B+KB... And I looked at the frame data, it isn't very precise...

the data is correct i assure you, but it's hard to be exact with it.
Each hit has different bs, and that bs varies depending on the distance it's blocked.
Let's just say it's safe for the most part.

I've been punished with Sophie's 236B for it sometimes, other times not.
2B+KB may be a tech trap vs some characters, but vs some it whiffs completely. May require some additional testing. Get to it minions :p

I'm reasonably certain 2B+KB combos off of it.

I'm not sure, but if you land 236K from far, 2B+KB combos like 100% of the time. The closer you are, less time you have to combo. For instance, if you are close to Amy and she does 6BB, the last hits of 236K whiffs. I think only A+B is guaranteed there.

If your opponents likes to randomly do side tech rolls to avoid combos, jump forward and do a throw. It will result on side or back throws; it doesn't work on all chars (like Kilik), but you still can mix up then with BT B+K or BT 2K. And always remember that 66A is your universal tech roll catcher.

Back