6A+B Punishment Thread

Aqua_Snake

[09] Warrior
There is one started at caliburforum, bringing the information over here in hopes of getting Maxi players to go into their lab and experiment. Will update this posts with new discoveries. Thanks to howdoiplaythisgame for the first batch of info. If there are any errors, let us know.

For new players: 6A+B is a tech crouch that goes under highs.

Punish (P) = Interrupt in between or after string of attacks with 6A+B when blocked.

Step Punish (SP) = When move is in between string, hold up or down after block depending on which side is safer to step past incoming string attack. Punish with 6A+B.

Amy

1A(P)
1B(P)
FC 1B(P)
4BB(SP) (Note: Step to right, (P) with 6A+B)
1K(P)A
4B+K(SP)B
44ABA(P) (Note: Duck last attack, (P) with 6A+B)
6K236(P)
66B+K(P)
Slide K(P)

Maxi

236A (on hit too)
FC 3A
6BBB
236bG
236K~G (not kG)
A+B
B+KB
B+KBB
B+KBBBA
11A
LI AAB
BL K
WL BB
WL BBA

Mitsurugi

bA(P)
6BA+G(P)
6BB+G(P)
FC 1B(P)B or
kB(P)
2K(P)
2KB(P)
A+B6(P)
FC 1A+B(P)
33_99 [A](P) (Note: This move is strange on block. Sometimes you may get a free BT B+K)
44A(P)A
66BB(P)
33_99B(P)A (Note: Duck under A by tapping down while guarding. (P) with 6A+B)
33_99BA(P)B
44B(P)
Slide K(P)
MST BBB (Note: Duck after 2nd hits. (P) with 6A+B)
MST BKB (Note: Block K, and wait for B to pass overhead. (P) with 6A+B)
MST (P) (Note: Must be close to (P) move)
MST 4BG(P)
MST KB (Note: Block K then wait for B to pass overhead. (P) with 6A+B)
RLC A (Note: Duck after first hit. (P) with 6A+B)
RLC B(P)

Zas

FC 3B(P)
2B+K(P)
44B4(P)

Xianghua

A[A](P)
AAB(P)
aK(SP)K
a[K](P)
3A(P)K
1(P)
4(P)
4B(SP)B
4B(P)6B
6(P)
6B(SP)B
(SP)FC 3bB
FC 3b(P)
1kAA(SP)K
A+B(P)
[A+B](P)
4[A+B](P)
4A+K(P)A
WR A+B (Note: Block low then (P) soon after High attack passes overhead)
WR A+B(P)B
WR A+B(P)2B (Note: Block low then (P) soon after High attack passes overhead)
[A+K](P)
44[A](P)
11_77(P)
11_77B(P)A
11_77B(P)2A
22_88B(P)
3_9(P)
66(P)
44B(P)
44B4(P) (Note: (P) with 6A+BG for longer reach. Time 6A+BG soon after the Auto-GI effect wears off. Must be close)
66B4(P)
66BB4(P) (Note: (P) with 6A+BG. 6A+B can’t reach)
33_99K(P)
33_99K(P)A (Note: Block first hit, duck and (P) second hit)
44[K](P)
44K(SP)B
66_33_99B+K(P)
Slide Kick – [6]K(P)
22_88B+K(P)
44B+K(P)

Kilik

A(P)A (Note: Duck second hit, (P) with 6A+B)
A(P)AB (Note: Duck second hit, Counter hit with 6A+B)
6AA(P)A (Note: Duck Third Hit, (P) with 6A+B)
3BB(P)
2_8*B(P)B
WR K(P) (Note: Duck second hit, (P) with 6A+B)
A+B(P) (Note: Duck in middle of attack string, (P) with 6A+B)
4A+BB(P)
4A+BB(SP)B (Note: Step to left of Kilik, (P) with 6A+B)
FC A+B(SP) (Note: Step to right of Kilik, (P) with 6A+B)
Asura Dance B+K(P)
Asura Dance B+K 6B(P)
Asura Dance B+K 6B 41236B(P)
2[B+K](P)
6A+K(P) (Note: Block low, then let high attack pass overhead. (P) with 6A+B)
WD A+K(P)
22_88AAA(P)
11_77A(P) (Note: Make sure your within range)
44B(P)
66_33_99KK(SP)B (Note: Step to the right of Kilik, (P) with 6A+B)
Slide Kick K (P)

Yoshimitsu

3AB(P)
6K(P)
DRG K(P)

Taki

WR B(P)
66B(P)
9KK(P)K (Note: Block Low Hit, (P) with 6A+B)

Astaroth

3K(P)A
1K(P)A

Yunsung

44B(P)

Seong Mina

1B(P)B
3K(P)K
4A+B(P)A (and varitations 4A+BAB_ABG
6B+K(P)
66KK(P)K
1A(P)
3bK(P)
FC 1KK(P)
3A+B(P)
1A+B(P)
33_99A(P)
33_99AA(P)
11_77A(P)
22_88B(P)
6B(P)A
1B(P)A
44A(P)A

Asta
3KA interupt A
1KA interupt A

Xianghua
3AK interupt A

Taki
9KKK block low K, late interupt last K
66B post block

I'm creating two placeholder legend for this thread only.

(P) = Punish
(SP) = Step Punish

Place this next to the move in the attack string or after where it needs to be interupted. Plus (SP) adds more oppertunities for Maxi.

Should make things easier to read.

Want you all to keep in mind, that instead of 6A+B in some of those cases mentioned you can get 6B :B :B instead as well as 3BA into mixups as well as B+KB:BB:BA

huh, I didn't know that 6a+bG has longer range, that's really cool.

does anyone know how fast 6a+b tech crouches? also, if you do it from crouch, does it tc earlier?

huh, I didn't know that 6a+bG has longer range, that's really cool.

I knew there had to be a reason for 6a+bG to exist. That's a cool find. Maxi is getting better every day, but very slowly. =P

I think 6A+B and 6a+bG duck equally fast.

Want you all to keep in mind, that instead of 6A+B in some of those cases mentioned you can get 6B :B :B instead as well as 3BA into mixups as well as B+KB:BB:BA

Indeed you can, but I have yet to see anyone who can consistently do 6B;B;B.

Theoretically, it'd be a frickin' amazing move to have at your disposal but it's just too damn risky to try for the JF if you ask me.

yeah, 6::B:::B:::B: is rediculous. So hard to pull of consistantly, and if you don't do it right, the move has crappy properties. Not worth it.

I agree, that one is a crap move that i get pissed when i accidently pull that off. It has such negative frames in the end and if the first one is blocked, the next to will leave you at such a negative frame that you will be punished hard! Thats got to be one of maxis worst moves IMO

6B : B : B is a risky punisher. If you fail to punish and they block, they can crouch the third hit, even if it's the JF version...
(But I guess it's indeed nice if you know you can punish.)

6B,B,B is great, JF or no.

Each successive hit is hit confirmable and the whole move is EASILY CH confirmable. You can even tell in time if you hit CH on a crouching opponent to not do the final hit since it'll whiff.

6B,B is an NC as are the final two hits if the first is blocked or whiffs. If the first hit is blocked, mixup between doing the second B and not doing it. (-16 and -15 aren't THAT punishable in the grand scheme of things) You'll almost never get punished after the first blocked hit if used correctly as the second two are an NC for some pretty good damage.

Also, 6B,B does some damn good soul gauge damage.

Oh, and this isn't really the thread for this, but Maxi's 1A seems to be even safer than -12. It seems Amy's 6B,B can't punish it on block.

6B,B,B is great, JF or no.

Each successive hit is hit confirmable and the whole move is EASILY CH confirmable. You can even tell in time if you hit CH on a crouching opponent to not do the final hit since it'll whiff.

6B,B is an NC as are the final two hits if the first is blocked or whiffs. If the first hit is blocked, mixup between doing the second B and not doing it. (-16 and -15 aren't THAT punishable in the grand scheme of things) You'll almost never get punished after the first blocked hit if used correctly as the second two are an NC for some pretty good damage.

Also, 6B,B does some damn good soul gauge damage.

Oh, and this isn't really the thread for this, but Maxi's 1A seems to be even safer than -12. It seems Amy's 6B,B can't punish it on block.

i usually throw that out during a WL. But if im predictable (which seems to be the case these days) my opp will block that whole thing. You can sorta cancel that whole thing by not throwing out that last A, but what if my opp is blocking that whole string. If you cancel it and dont throw out that last A you are at such negative frames you are almost gauranteed to get punished. are there any alternate moves to that NC that will not leave me in such negative frames?

edit: sorry im a dumbass....i was refering to the b+k bbba......im just retarded today..you have to forgive me!!

Rico...yes 1A has been this way from day 1, but somehow people are now realizing how good it's bs really is. I've never been punished with Amy's 6BB post block.

Being hit confirmable is what makes 6B :B :B good.

I know 1A has been decent (not from day one, but I learned), but I was going off of the frame data on the Wiki which I found to be incorrect, so I thought I'd share it.

By the way, I've bumped Maxi from Low Tier on my personal tier list into somewhere between Low-Mid and Mid. He's nowhere near as good as he used to be, and unsafe as hell to boot, but he's still a decent character if you limit his movelist pretty considerably.

Kilik punishment information updated.

Who's another troublemaker for Maxi that I should work on next?

Hmm...

Back