6A+B Punishment Thread

hotnikkelz edit:
There's more, 6A+BG is really weird. The opponent simply CANNOT PUNISH IT WITH HIGHS PERIOD. You don't even need to guard. AAs pass through him. Throws jus whiff against him.

The attack is -23 on block! but no highs can hit him. it looks glitchy as hell
i edited your post by mistake aqua snake haha

LOL.

It's cool. I'm afraid I'm guilty of almost doing the same thing.

Did not know throws missed as well.

Very nice. Here's hoping Bamco ignores it if its not intentional. :)

Yeah seems intentional to me. It's very easy to punish too if you're knowledgeable about it.

I can actually see this a being beneficial.

You can do mixups between 6A+B and 6A+Bg.

If they punish with AA's on block, do 6A+Bg a little more often to get a free 6A+Bg right behind it.

If they punish with BB's on block, do 6A+B, WL. I think this will be great bait to setup a free WL BBBA.

If they punish with kicks then no big deal. Usually the faster ones are high anyway, so that would just apply to the 6A+Bg strat. The middle or low kicks may or may not reach. If they did the damage is nothing to worry about.

I'll test this method out against competition. I have a vision. :)

me too, any smart opponent will punish severely with some big ass kicks. When i use 6A+B i never expect it to be blocked lol.

edit:
or any fast mid horizontal

Anyone has found out yet how fast 6a+bG tech crouches?

Aqua_Snake:

Let us know how well those 6A+B baits turned out. =)

hmmmm I like where this is going...
If my 6A+B is blocked, I'll go into WL and usually get my GI and punish them
but with this 6A+Bg shit, I'll be able to punish them when they go for the AA..

I can see this working, not all the time, but I believe it will save ur ass one or two rounds. I'll test this out myself 2morrow

hmmmm I like where this is going...
If my 6A+B is blocked, I'll go into WL and usually get my GI and punish them
but with this 6A+Bg shit, I'll be able to punish them when they go for the AA..

I can see this working, not all the time, but I believe it will save ur ass one or two rounds. I'll test this out myself 2morrow

*Evil Grin*

You get a free throw attempt if they punish with AA.

I'd say its character specific. Like for example, Asta's 6K will punish you no matter what you do, so don't use it on him. Yoshi Mid and low kicks will miss if you use PSL2 or 3/4 to evade.

OK 6A+BG and 6A+B have pretty similar TC start...but the window is longer for the G version because of that weird quirk.

You can TC some of the fastest highs i11 Amy's 6BB for eg, at -5. The window is around 8 frames. If u're at +3 or more don't use for TC. Use 236K instead, heh heh heh.

I think Maxi is not faster enough for his weapon and style, for me if he could have a 14i interceptor attack like Sophitia's 236B ow Nightmare's 6B and a Throw and Low Throw during the stances and a GI for K moves he would be much better. I'ts horrible when your during the stances and suddenly *bang*, Nightmare 6K in your face.

And about the topic:

Nightmare

236A( Even when he uses 33B~236A, with the right time Maxi's 6A+B intercept it)
4A
K (on that stance Nightmare's hold the sword with the other arm, i don't remember the name!)
aB (on this same stance)

I just remember this for now

Amy's list is complete. She doesn't have too much to punish but she is very easy to jump over and get free BT B+K's on.

Ah yes, Algol.

I'll come around to him eventually.

Thinking of doing the greek bitches Sophitia and Cassandra next.

algol is an asshole. My strategy is usually to sidestep a lot, maybe GI a bubble, and hope I can get in even once. Once i'm in, i just try to stay on his ass so he can't do his bubble shit anymore. Usually just comes down to whether or not I can keep the pressure on.

As far as the Sisters, I've actually never had a problem with them. Even turtling Sophie' I usually end up beating without really changing my game-plan up. Their 236B's can't really beat a lot of your mix-ups (like RO mixups).

Not character specific, but what do you guys prefer as a follow up? the BL B or the BL K? they do almost the same damage, but K leaves you at neutral further away and the B leaves you in RO stance and a little bit closer. I almost always do the kick as a habit from 2, but seeing some videos people do the B has me wondering.

I always go for the B, but it doesn't really matter that much cause you usually are just gonna cancel the stance after the B anyways. Its is nice to at least have those stance options as available though.

As far as the Sisters, I've actually never had a problem with them. Even turtling Sophie' I usually end up beating without really changing my game-plan up. Their 236B's can't really beat a lot of your mix-ups (like RO mixups).

if your 3B is blocked, cass 236B beats RO A/B/K, must WL it.

Back