8WayRun Fanfiction: The Writer's Block

Yeah, Ima finish it. PS is wrong as hell for not even giving a background story. It could be as simple as "Talim stayed in her village to to fulfill her duty as a priestess." and I would have been ok with it. I guess that's too much for PS to do.

I have a new Yun-Seong and Talim story, watch out for it!

You can visit my profile and keep watch for updates!

Hi, everyone. As of late, I've been taking a long break after writing Saviors of the Sword: Amidst The Chaos, and I thank you all for reading the story and giving me some feedback. As of late, I have been planning another sequel which involves Elysium and Inferno as spiritual embodiments of Soul Calibur and Soul Edge, swords, who have been long destroyed, leading people to salvation or damnation. The working title for this one would be Saviors of the Sword: The Cathedral of Spirits. So far, that's all I have so far but other than that, I should work on a new episode for Soul Calibur X Tekken: The Office.

I'm thinking of removing my fanfic from 8way, because there is no telling whether or not anyone really enjoys my fanfic. It has views, but no feedbacks. I feel like an idiot, because I've been giving feedbacks to every chapter of at least two fanfics written by others so far, but received none myself. For all I know, everyone is just skimming through the chapters and not really reading it. I don't really know for certain, but after awhile of getting the silent treatment, I'm starting to think my fanfic is just taking up space here.

If it is, then maybe I should remove it and post it where people actually take time to give me feedbacks just as I have been doing likewise with their's. You know, one hand washes the other? I want to improve my writing, but the only way that's going to happen is if I had another pair of eyes who can see what I may have overlooked. I am not suggesting to check it out because I think my fanfic is really good. Although I believe it is, but at the same time, I wish to improve my writing to make it better.

well I'll give this a week or two at the most, and after this, I'm out. I need to be in a community where it takes two to tango. I've done plenty of feedback sharing and I honestly enjoyed other people's fanfic, and have expressed it so. But now that I need the encouragement, can I get that support too? ...Please? :(

The only reason I considered removing my fanfic is because I don't want to waste my time sharing, nor do I want to waste anyone's time, if it's not good enough to read. I don't post stuff just for the hell of it, I like to think there is some value in what I post if there is anything valuable to be found at all.

I've done some thinking and realized that I wrote my last post out of emotion. As an artist, we artist tend to be emotional to the point that it gets the better of us. I was driven by how I felt. I was rather disappointed because by now I would have expected some feedbacks but after a bad day, and logging in hoping to get some relief that at least I would received a good reply, but then nothing's changed. Not everything is going to work out the way I would expect it, and I have to accept this and just get over it.

So I changed my mind and decide I will not remove my fanfic. I should not assume the worst. whether or not it is being read, I should feel confident in my fanfic because I felt it was good enough to post it here. It's only a matter of time and from what it looks like, people are viewing it, I guess. I plan to edit my fanfic to work on several improvements as I see it.

It's just that from time to time, as a writer, it can be frustrating when you wonder if what you wrote is good enough and have no way of knowing because no one is expressing their response to it. but in any case, I do feel confident now about my work. Sure it needs some editing here and there, but no fanfic is perfect. All that should really matter is that people are viewing it. So even if I never hear anything about it, I should be confident in my work regardless. If I keep at it, it will eventually pay off. In the mean time, I'll continue to provide feedbacks to other people's fanfics. It's good to have a positive attitude. I am the first to admit that I lost sight of this when I let my emotions get the better of me. I share this now, because perhaps this could be of some help to other authors who may have felt the same way.

By admitting my faults and weakness, I make room for improvements. Guy's I do apologize for any negative expressions in my previous post. Words are powerful and I have to consider how what I write affects people. This is why I am quick to correct myself. No one's perfect, but I do take responsibility for what I write.

I won't remove my fanfic, but rather keep it here and strive to be a better writer for the sake that other writers won't give up on their own work as well. for me to say to anyone not to give up, I would have to live by example. Therefore,I will say that I am confident in my fanfic. Maybe it's not to everyone's liking, but I should not try to please others, instead I should be true to my personal style. This is how I express my fandom and will strive to improve over time. Some people enjoy it, some may not, but either way, I posted my fanfic because I felt it was good enough to share. Well that's my conclusion.

Ah Tenchi, don't take it to heart. :) There are a couple of things you should know, however. 8wr is mostly a competitive site. FF was never taken seriously, often ridiculed and only recently did they even decide to put up an FF forum. There's a small audience for it here and it's gotten even smaller after sc5's release. I'm a writer too and I understand that feedback is a very important part of getting better. Don't take it down but do consider putting it on fanfiction.net. You'll probably find more like-minded people who will drop you a review every now and then. :)

I don't do fanfiction, but the closest thing I do is Forum-based RP, which is pretty much writing fiction in itself.

I've never thought about writing a fanfiction towards characters from games, because I want to "respect" the creativity of the producers as much as possible, but of course I wouldn't mind bending rules. Someone (or two), would have to help me though.

I don't do fanfiction, but the closest thing I do is Forum-based RP, which is pretty much writing fiction in itself.

I've never thought about writing a fanfiction towards characters from games, because I want to "respect" the creativity of the producers as much as possible, but of course I wouldn't mind bending rules. Someone (or two), would have to help me though.
I can help you out. I do fanfiction and I admire why you don't write it. But again, I can help you out.

I've done some thinking and realized that I wrote my last post out of emotion. As an artist, we artist tend to be emotional to the point that it gets the better of us. I was driven by how I felt. I was rather disappointed because by now I would have expected some feedbacks but after a bad day, and logging in hoping to get some relief that at least I would received a good reply, but then nothing's changed. Not everything is going to work out the way I would expect it, and I have to accept this and just get over it.

So I changed my mind and decide I will not remove my fanfic. I should not assume the worst. whether or not it is being read, I should feel confident in my fanfic because I felt it was good enough to post it here. It's only a matter of time and from what it looks like, people are viewing it, I guess. I plan to edit my fanfic to work on several improvements as I see it.

It's just that from time to time, as a writer, it can be frustrating when you wonder if what you wrote is good enough and have no way of knowing because no one is expressing their response to it. but in any case, I do feel confident now about my work. Sure it needs some editing here and there, but no fanfic is perfect. All that should really matter is that people are viewing it. So even if I never hear anything about it, I should be confident in my work regardless. If I keep at it, it will eventually pay off. In the mean time, I'll continue to provide feedbacks to other people's fanfics. It's good to have a positive attitude. I am the first to admit that I lost sight of this when I let my emotions get the better of me. I share this now, because perhaps this could be of some help to other authors who may have felt the same way.

By admitting my faults and weakness, I make room for improvements. Guy's I do apologize for any negative expressions in my previous post. Words are powerful and I have to consider how what I write affects people. This is why I am quick to correct myself. No one's perfect, but I do take responsibility for what I write.

I won't remove my fanfic, but rather keep it here and strive to be a better writer for the sake that other writers won't give up on their own work as well. for me to say to anyone not to give up, I would have to live by example. Therefore,I will say that I am confident in my fanfic. Maybe it's not to everyone's liking, but I should not try to please others, instead I should be true to my personal style. This is how I express my fandom and will strive to improve over time. Some people enjoy it, some may not, but either way, I posted my fanfic because I felt it was good enough to share. Well that's my conclusion.
Its all apart of the game. Check out and join fanfiction.net, you can ser visitors/visits, people can review your chapters, give feedback, pm you and tons of other things. Go to the first page of this thread and click this thread. It'll lead you to my story. Join and add me, see you there.

Its all apart of the game. Check out and join fanfiction.net, you can ser visitors/visits, people can review your chapters, give feedback, pm you and tons of other things. Go to the first page of this thread and click this thread. It'll lead you to my story. Join and add me, see you there.

Thanks for the invite. ^^ I actually already have an account on fanfiction. I don't have any feedbacks there either, but surprisingly, people from around the world are viewing my fanfics. But sure thing, I would love to read your story. I'm a real bookworm. XD I'm currently reading a fanfiction that is written by ShaolinTiger at the moment. It's been almost a week since I've read it cause I don't have a lap top of my own. I have to borrow my roommate's whenever it is available. It sucks cause I like to read consistantly while the story is still fresh in my mind. I value people's creativity allot, and it's always an honor to be able to share my thoughts with the writer of his/her work. That's just me. In real life I have no artist friends that I could relate to besides my sister and a friend whom we hardly get to hang with due to her busy work schedule.

So it's hard being an artist surrounded by nonartist people in real life. When I log on to here or other places on the site, I sometimes look for some relief that somehow, I can mingle with artist and authors, and be able to contribute my share of inspiration.

No problem, my name is Talisman Valedictorian and I have about 4 stories including an erased one that was too hardcore.

Don't worry about reading it right now, whenever you can will be fine. I'll read up on your stories and give you feedback on each chapter.

Creativity is what you make it, the reason I don't like to criticize other peoples works because it's an art of their own. Maybe one day in real life we could meet lol.

No problem, my name is Talisman Valedictorian and I have about 4 stories including an erased one that was too hardcore.

Don't worry about reading it right now, whenever you can will be fine. I'll read up on your stories and give you feedback on each chapter.

Creativity is what you make it, the reason I don't like to criticize other peoples works because it's an art of their own. Maybe one day in real life we could meet lol.

That would be great. ^^

Well I dropped in here kind of late lol. But yea, what kira and talisman said to you Tenchi. Writing is something that comes from enjoyment and a sense of creativity. You write because you enjoy it. Lol, it's pretty frustrating sometimes when you don't get any feedback but you could always look for an editor who'll help you improve. As for how popular your story is, it depends on a number of factors. Fandom size, genre, etc. You can be the world's best author but your story probably won't be very popular if it's about Zwei x Aeon or something xD

My Calibur World story is crazy popular but I put less effort in that one compared to my other ones. It just goes to show you what ppl are more interested in. Personally, I tend to avoid stories with CAS so please forgive me for not reading your story. But I wish you well in your endeavor and hope you'll continue to improve. As an artist and a writer, I could only give you one word of advice. The more your write/draw, the better you'll become.

I can help you out. I do fanfiction and I admire why you don't write it. But again, I can help you out.
Awesome. I actually have an idea about including a fanfiction of one of my characters in the form of a diary, mainly about her life during the SC universe. A few significant Japanese characters/figures (both sc and historically) will be included in different ways.

I'm researching like crazy to find out any important timelines from her birth to 1607 (The year of SCV). That includes any SC events in Japan, and also some historical information.

Back