α Patroklos Videos

Any tips against this guy? Now I will admit that I have never used (or practised against) this character in training mode, but I was wondering if there were any tips I could get before I get to him.

Looked like it was slightly laggy.
I think you were letting that aeon get away with too much, e.g sidestepping after you blocked his attacks
Also, alpha can be extremely aggressive, e.g one of his safe decently ranged moves breaks a guard in 7 hits ^^
Definitely used aB more to force to be more linear then, 66b when he tries to run in.
Also, Aeons vertical strings are slow, take advantage of Alphas agi if you arent confident with stepping, or JGing, remember for each hit, the agi will level up and will end up ending matches.

You also missed a couple of opportunities to punish with twister. I know the input isn't exactly intuitive, but you blocked a few moves like Cervy's 1K, Cervy's 9B+K and NM's 22B, all of which leave you in FC, so you may as well hit 3aB to take some free damage.

I won't say much more since I'm no Alpha player :P

Nice call, I forgot to say that.
Chances are if you blocked a move low, JFT will punish it, and give you 78 dmg

Nice call, I forgot to say that.
Chances are if you blocked a move low, JFT will punish it, and give you 78 dmg

That's true. I did catch it once or twice with a twister punish, but the rest of the times I don't react fast enough. I have lots to improve upon.

That's true. I did catch it once or twice with a twister punish, but the rest of the times I don't react fast enough. I have lots to improve upon.

the good thing, is when you get alphas tools down, the rewards are huge
if you can get 1B:B down, you can add damage to the end of most combos aswell, but be careful as 1B is punishable

Instead of posting vids where you win, you should actually put vids where you lose if you want some criticism :)

I didn't see many thing expect for lack of 66B, some wins you didn't take (2A hit no CE, GI success no CE, etc...).

Instead of posting vids where you win, you should actually put vids where you lose if you want some criticism :)

True story.

It'll be easy for me to accumulate those :D. I actually have a series of matches in mind. If I could record from the PS3, it would be two series (against BlueBoy's Pat :P), but I'll try and get the first one up asap because I just get completely stomped.

I didn't see many thing expect for lack of 66B, some wins you didn't take (2A hit no CE, GI success no CE, etc...).

Awesome, thanks! You're absolutely right, I do under-use 66b.. it's a great move. I'll try to get some vids where I lose up soon (I've been playing too much Pat recently :p.)

I noticed you like to attack at disadvantage a lot. If you get into a habit of throwing out attacks at disadvantage, it can be dangerous (I say this from experience, fighting the urge to Twister at disadvantage is not fun at all).

Like Drake said, it is good to use abare as it punishes people's rigid way of thinking, but remember to be careful as there is always a chance you might get counter-hit or whiff for big damage.

Pretty sure I didn't see you throw once. The guy has OP throws......use them, spam them, love them.

You got way too predictable with the FC 3B:B. It seemed like every other move you were throwing it out, it inevitably got stepped and you got punished pretty hard for it. It isn't really a good move to just throw out, the second hit can be easily stepped and you will eat massive damage for it. (Unless you are playing against Raph :P)

There was a point where you did 33B on block into twister and you got hit out and eventually lost the round because of it. I can appreciate the need to sometimes throw out twister after 33B on block just so they know you aren't scared to do it but at that point you had quite a significant life lead and taking that risk THERE wasn't really necessary.

lol that's mean, he did throw at the beginning.

I wondered why you didn't 66B as you opponent was quite linear, its safe and a combo starter, mid, decent guard damage.
1B is very unsafe, so if you want to use it, definitely work on execution.
You didnt seem to punish anything and a few times there were opportunities, Twister would be great, but I understand it can be a bitch to execute on reaction, so 2k cool.

When you have the advantage with Alpha, keep back he doesnt need loads of attacks to win, a few good calls will take it. Dont attack on wakeup so much, you eat CHs.
Wavedashing is great, instant access, and tech crouches, and oddly will dodge some mid hitting verticals.
A handy skill to develop would be using BS, ( not when they are throwing 66B with voldo all the times, unless you are +ve, you can use it in a similar way to Nina in tekken to create whiffs, and then Twist out, for min 36dmg, or with more practicing learning when to use FC1BB.

Oh dear, I should have watched this thread. Now I have quite a bit feedback to assimilate.

Anyway, here are more videos of me failing.

Like with Voldo I have no idea what to do when I encounter Raphael. So, wat do?

How to aPatroklos - the guide.
A guide made by me. Not 100% complete but basics are here.
Suggestions of what could've been added/removed are welcome.

(and no idk how to put this in a spoiler box, sorry)

Not sure if you knew, but one technical mistake you have made - I make this mistake often too - throughout the fight was not being able to connect to JFT after 8a+bb but instead got a 2143b. I think that is usually because we are inputting the A for JFT too early. Actually, it looks like this has already been addressed by you and Woahhzz in http://8wayrun.com/threads/strike-move-discussion.14881/page-2.

Another area to improve as others have mentioned would be to cut down on the spam, like 2143b:b, or simply not using the variety of moves available to the character. I suffer from this as well. I could be wrong, but one theory I have is this may have to do with practising too much of the same moves which makes us susceptible to using them out of instinct/familiarity.

Your 1b:b executions were pretty good though.

Last edited:
We're a group of around 20 people meeting up two times a week in Umeå, northern Sweden. Playing SF4, TTT2, SSBM and recently a lot of SCV.

Back