After SCV is released, will anyone still play SCIV?

Wow. That was actually one of the most amazing things I have ever seen, if you bother to take the liberty to craft it into a weird S&M scene. Let me see if I can draft out exactly what happened for the less imaginative.

Our submissive fellow d-i-s enters the room of what he perceives as other hopeful submissives. He flaunts himself like a peacock to show some sort of supremacy in the confidence he has that he'll reach pay-off. Thoroughly, and most annoyingly, he proceeds to flaunt his naked body (figuratively, his bizarre infatuation with anti-hype) while perpetuating that only one person can ever satiate what he perceives as his perfect body.

Almost on script, Hates appears, at which point our peacock shrinks to the level of an obedient terrier while secretly stroking himself on every letter typed by his target of affection. Hates proceeds to scold him gently while he quietly masturbates to completion. Displaying to the rest of the room (or forum) that he has indeed reached the penultimate ecstasy by slinking down at his master's feet with his tail between his ejaculate covered thighs
Or simply recognize it as the hipster-emo-hero-worship crap that it was.

I thought you only saw this type of crap on Apple fanboy forums.
I can't argue with that. I do indeed look up to Hates as someone to be admired. I can admit fault when I make mistakes.

So why do you continue to debase me when I fully admitted that my fears are exaggerated?

There's no need to critique me on this anymore. I made a mistake based on past experiences with sequels (movies, games, etc.)

You say Hates scolded me, fine. He also did say that he understands my fears. The difference is that Hates can critique me in a way that is respectable and polite, a person I can take lessons from. Maybe you should take a lesson from him, that is, if your trying to win people over. People don't respond well to excess negativity, it's a fact.

Also, Hates is well spoken, intelligent, and has many thought provoking ideas. Why WOULDN'T I take advise from him? You see that as me being a submissive dog, I see that as recognizing who the wise man is.

As far as me being an "emo", I made fun of those whiny brats back in High school, don't you dare lump me with that pathetic group :)

Probably no....SCV is much better than SCIV and I'm so hyped for SCV ... :) :D The only disadvantage of SCV is that our favourite characters have been replaced by new succesors or they gone... :(

I actually thought that SC3 was a good game despite numerous game breaking glitches and terrible balance.

SC3:AE.

I really wish I knew why Namco never backported SC3:AE to consoles. It doesn't have half the problems the console release does.

Ah well, that was a different generation of games. Namco (nor anyone else) can afford to prioritize arcade titles over consoles anymore. Every system has some update feature so we won't be seeing that debacle again.

So why do you continue to debase me when I fully admitted that my fears are exaggerated?

You completely missed the purpose in the satire. There was no intent to offend you nor Hates. If you can't recognize the situation for what it is, you won't realize that you could be doing something significantly more constructive and useful with your existence other than mental masturbation.

No worries in making the mistake of venting against a new product because the Phantom Menace sucked. I made the same mistakes with the same intensity as you.... when I was 12. It's called a tantrum. According to your profile you're near 30. You should have enough life experience at this point to be able to vent your "fears" about a new product in a way more constructive than what we saw here.

There's a good rule of thumb to always try to positively produce the same or more than you consume. The only thing you produced was bait to try to ride on what Hates produces. You're displaying yourself as a childish leech. If all this crap about SCV is your honest opinion, then learn to produce something useful with that opinion in a respectful manner that allows each person to contribute in the best way they can.

Also, Hates is well spoken, intelligent, and has many thought provoking ideas. Why WOULDN'T I take advise from him? You see that as me being a submissive dog, I see that as recognizing who the wise man is.

You've got an entire world of intelligent, well-spoken and thought provoking individuals. Get your nose out of the air and stop treating communication like some romantic engagement with a sexual agenda only offered to partners you find equal to your own ego.

As far as me being an "emo", I made fun of those whiny brats back in High school, don't you dare lump me with that pathetic group :)

You're not wearing eyeliner in your avatar pic?! o_O

PS: How do you judge who is well spoken and intelligent when you write things like "your not worth my time" ?
English... how does it work?!

I really wish I knew why Namco never backported SC3:AE to consoles. It doesn't have half the problems the console release does.

About 95% of people who bought SC3 were casual players who had no idea about the glitches or balance issues. For them it would be like buying the same game again.

I'm also not so sure about the whole "greatness" of SC3:AE. Sure, Namco fixed a lot of bugs but the balance changes were very minor.

About 95% of people who bought SC3 were casual players who had no idea about the glitches or balance issues. For them it would be like buying the same game again.

I'm also not so sure about the whole "greatness" of SC3:AE. Sure, Namco fixed a lot of bugs but the balance changes were very minor.

I wish I could find some sort of comparison for you in English. There were pretty drastic changes with a lot of fixes for both balance and just general glitchery. Tira still kinda sucked in either version. :P

SC3:AE is also a lot of fun to go back to from SCIV. I think the general mechanics of 3 are closer to 2 (game speed, damage, etc) with the majority of the cast being closer to their SCIV incarnations (movesets, speed, etc).

I kind of hoped that by now.... someone would have come up with some System 246 emulation that was at least as rich as nullDC. :\ Then we could go test the greatness of SC3:AE! :)

That's VC. It was a very fun bug, but it should have been banned. America allowed it in tournaments and eventually it destroyed the community.

I wish I could find some sort of comparison for you in English. There were pretty drastic changes with a lot of fixes for both balance and just general glitchery. Tira still kinda sucked in either version. :P
I know what the changes were. I have also seen the entire Japanese frame data for SC3:AE. Some characters got nerfed but others got ridiculous buffs. That's why I think SC3:AE's perfect balance is just a myth.

Still, it was much better than console version. Funny thing was, SC3 NTSC-US was different than SC3 PAL (different frames, combos on few characters) even though there was only a month of difference between these two (NTSC-US - october 2005, PAL - november 2005)

That's VC. It was a very fun bug, but it should have been banned. America allowed it in tournaments and eventually it destroyed the community.

No kidding.....my own country I love was rather stupid lol.

SC3 had these glitches.....

SC4 had Hilde and Algol....

SC5? Well I hope my country gets their act together lol.

Edit: God I'm chuckling at that Lizzy glitch. Maybe I should sig that.....

The real question is how much time will Sc5 online mode be attractive.Usually the first months are the more exciting.After that it is difficult to meet decent players....

Regarding SC3:AE, it was definitely not balanced any more than plain ol' SC3. The main difference is that people just didn't dive into it as deeply because of its limited availability. Some of the balance changes in AE were downright baffling, though. Siegfried had an ~i6 move that guaranteed itself on hit, Astaroth's 66B granted a half-life 50/50 on normal hit, and so on. I actually preferred standard SC3.

As for VC killing the community, I actually disagree with that assertion, too. The American scene wanted desperately to hate SC3 because it simply wasn't SC2, and VC just became a convenient excuse on which it'd hang. Actually, the overall tenor of SC players was similar to what we've seen in this thread, which is why I'm particularly on guard against the whole self-fulfilling prophecy thing.

@ supa
"You're not wearing eyeliner in your avatar pic?! o_O"

It's called shadows. I have deep set eyes. Also, this was shot with a built in webcam for a laptop. Lighting sucked, and I'm not a photographer at all.

Back