After SCV is released, will anyone still play SCIV?

Usually with 3D games people stop playing the old one when the new one comes out which will certainly be the case when SCV drops.

Most people stopped playing SC4 in 2009, so people moving onto SCV isn't a big deal in my opinion.

The one thing I won't do is sell my copy of the game. I wouldn't be where I am at now if I didn't enjoy playing the game.
I never did get the whole "sell old copy once new game/sequel comes out" mentality.

Since there almost no chance for Yun-Seong, Seong Mi-na and Talim to appear in SCV except as DLCs later, I still have a few reasons to keep the game even if I'm going to play SCV mostly.

I'd play SC4 now and then if I felt like playing some of the styles that didn't make it to SC5, I guess. It probably won't happen very often.

I didn't like Soul Calibur IV, so I don't play it anyway. My least favourite
Soul Calibur game. V seems to be a major step in the right direction, and
I'm interested in trying it out. The new characters are designed pretty
badly, though...

Will probably still play it. I still have SE-SC1-IV, and having them just sitting on the shelf means I'll dust them off and play a few games sooner or later on.

After watching that Devil Jin vs Yoshi video SCIV is 100% never getting played again. Real talk.

I didn't like Soul Calibur IV, so I don't play it anyway. My least favourite
Soul Calibur game. V seems to be a major step in the right direction, and
I'm interested in trying it out. The new characters are designed pretty
badly, though...

Well I don't think ALL of them are bad. I like ZWEI's and Viola's but that's probably for more personal taste but I can see what you are saying though.

I'm still butt hurt about Yun-Seong not being in SC:V. Soo.. Maybe. If they have DLC then i'll drop SC:IV like a bad habit

ill play it from time to time in memory of cassie ass doom combos and yun crane shenanigans :(. those are the things that ill miss the most

yesterday i put in SCIV. I played a bit of arcade mode and online. The guy used Algol.

I was about to beat him then he Disconnected. Then i realized it really was crap and half baked, despite how beautiful it looked.

Like others have said it partly comes down to DLC. If certain characters don't comeback then I'll definitely get my fix from the other versions. I also have some attachment to the CAS in previous games that haven't really translated over as well as I would have liked so occasionally I'll go a few rounds for nostalgia. Overall I'd probably sooner turn to SC2 or SC3 when I want to go back to the way things were.

Back