Algol Video Thread

Are you sure? Cause it kinda stuns

hmm seems like you have to time it right, cause you only have little time to do it. I don't think training would count it as a combo if it was blockable, or would it? (Cause when I'm just a split second late it starts counting the dmg all over again)

Here what I got from two nights ago guys. And I'm starting to get scare becasue two of my SC 4 videos were remove becasue of a claim by a third party. Can anyone please explain this to me.

And the two videos were me and RiBu Algol dittos matches.

Yeah you always gotta put like "copyright Namco 2008" otherwise they remove it because of copyright claims

Thanks for the warning man. I'll make sure to watch out for that shit. And I found that they got remove becasue I use two song by the Ninn Inch Nails in those two videos at that time. Fucking youtube!!!!

yo CY, u gotta work on ur game with that algol. dont wanna sound like a dick but it just doesnt look like ur using him right. u'll be half a stage away throwing out random moves that dont even come close to touching the opponent. and while the opponents on the ground again ud be throwing out high and mid moves that dont even touch them leaving you vulnerable.

against that rock u kept spamming AA even though he was crouching infront of u. High moves dont catch ppl in crouch. use 2A. its the same speed. and dont try to attack back with unsafe and slow moves after getting ur hits blocked. only gonna get a CH in the face. u gotta know when the frames are in ur favour. algols sidestepping is pure trash so just guard the hit and turtle cause ur stepping is not going to beat their vertical. and learn to use them bubbles. stop using 22_88A+B so much and focus on his charged bubbles.

algol is king when it comes to zoning. keep them in BB range and u'll be unstoppable. 4[A+B] and 6[A+B] to create a wall of bubbles. approach them while staying behind the bubbles and poke at them with BB. If they block it then backdash, BB and use 2A+B to keep them from getting too close. if ur BB hits, then continue with another BB (your in positive frames) until it gets blocked again. rinse and repeat. he has the best backdash in the game and ppl dont realize this. if they get too close AA and 2A+B to get u back in BB range. and spam more charged bubbles to prevent them from getting in. 2A, WS [K] also gets them off you when theyre too close for comfort.

so yeah thats pretty much algols main strength. BB, Backdash, and Bubbles. 3 main ingredients to success with algol. other moves and combos are just there for mixups. its pretty much wat ive learnt from using him. anyways ive picked up yoshi now so algol is dead to me lol. gotta nail that iMCF.

CY, i'll add you on psn and we'll have some matches. figures ur better with yoshi then i am so i need some practise.

I udnerstand man. but when I got for the wall of bubbles and 6A+B they just get sidesetp and I get rushdown. And Algo is my main, so I'll take your advice into deep thinking with him. I needed to refresh my Algol game anyway.

Also the yoshi iMCf is fucking easy as hell. I do if your using down and aB really fast. I can do imcf anytiem I want to. Also my Yoshi is decent compare to other one I have seen, but I can hold my own agasint those retarded good yoshi players.

lol wait, you can actually use :9::B:+:K: when you shoot someone up with a bubble? haha that's sick :D

How did you do the one at the end of your 2:25 combo btw? I can get the :aB: off but then you're standing on top of him after that with another hit? O_O (that's the ending of a throw, right?)

I need some help vs Raphael/Amy players btw, lemme upload a video to show you :(
(I'll make a new topic to not ruin this one lol)

lol wait, you can actually use :9::B:+:K: when you shoot someone up with a bubble? haha that's sick :D

How did you do the one at the end of your 2:25 combo btw? I can get the :aB: off but then you're standing on top of him after that with another hit? O_O (that's the ending of a throw, right?)

I need some help vs Raphael/Amy players btw, lemme upload a video to show you :(
(I'll make a new topic to not ruin this one lol)

That 2:25 was just bad editing. It just aB, 2B after that. And to asnwer your question on how to time the 11A,2A+B,8B+K.

what you have to do is when the bubble hit them you have to DO 8b+K right after as fast as you can to get the timing right.

That 2:25 was just bad editing. It just aB, 2B after that. And to asnwer your question on how to time the 11A,2A+B,8B+K.

what you have to do is when the bubble hit them you have to DO 8b+K right after as fast as you can to get the timing right.

The 11A, 2A+B, 8B+K combo looks sick but its far from guaranteed. Nothing to do with timing. The timing is ease. Lol the only reason you were able to pull it off is cause Ivy was close to the wall.

And that second part tutorial wasnt really neccessary. his combos are easy as hell to pull off and you could barely see what buttons you were pressing, what move you were doing, etc. cause of the horrible camera angle.

anyways keep playing algol and work on the spacing and eventually he'll click for you. happened to me too. started using BB more. combined it with backdash and bubbles and shit started owning ppl with perfects because they couldnt get in. works best against mid range characters.

The 11A, 2A+B, 8B+K combo looks sick but its far from guaranteed. Nothing to do with timing. The timing is ease. Lol the only reason you were able to pull it off is cause Ivy was close to the wall.

And that second part tutorial wasnt really neccessary. his combos are easy as hell to pull off and you could barely see what buttons you were pressing, what move you were doing, etc. cause of the horrible camera angle.

anyways keep playing algol and work on the spacing and eventually he'll click for you. happened to me too. started using BB more. combined it with backdash and bubbles and shit started owning ppl with perfects because they couldnt get in. works best against mid range characters.

Well at least I try. And I'll keep playing Algol don't worry about that. And I have took your advie on using bubbles and BB more. I'm susprise that BB is actually making more safe than what I use to do. And now my bubbles is 22_88A+B, mix with 6A+B and 4A+B. I feel the click coming.

Back