Algol Video Thread

Well at least I try. And I'll keep playing Algol don't worry about that. And I have took your advie on using bubbles and BB more. I'm susprise that BB is actually making more safe than what I use to do. And now my bubbles is 22_88A+B, mix with 6A+B and 4A+B. I feel the click coming.

dont worry. it'll eventually get to you. i use to play like u too. throwing out unsafe 3Bs and going for 11A combos. then it clicked in a match where i was owning with BB only. trust me ppl will become extremely irritated trying to get in a counterhit but wiffing (backdash) or getting a bubble to the face instead.

vs. Anisakis- 1

vs. Anisakis- 2

vs. Anisakis- 3

Vs. Sahdius

More videos of me fighting. I think I figrue out to play safer with Algol.

OMG!!! That was sexy!!!!! And show a great use for 33B. but my question is to you guys. Do you think this is fair? 'Casue we might get scrubs bitching about Algol being cheap with combos like these. Also, a BTW do soem of those combos you did with the kick only work on that chaarcter you did it on? Same for vader and Rock.

Great vid.

Can you not indefinitely keep the bubble combos going? It seems like you could...

From what I've tested, the combos off the kick don't work, as that breaks the nullify air control property of the bubbles, and the enemy can consequently AC every bubble thereafter.

The ones on Vader, Zas, Rock, (ones that don't use the kick), are guaranteed completely. Which also means that they work on characters of the same size. Example, the Zas combo is also the one you would use on Nightmare.

But here in lies the problem.. They have to be PERFECTLY centered. If the enemy is thrown slightly off axis, even from holding 3 rather than a quick 33 input, the enemy will be launched slightly angled, and one of the bubbles from the 44A+B won't hit correctly. Also, you have to be basically standing on top of the enemy when it launches. If the 33b connects anywhere near even mid range, the combo generally misses.

I played 40 matches last night against my friend who plays nightmare, and I only got the 33b to launch correctly 3 times, and only finished the combo correctly once.[I'm sure practice will help on the finishing, but its a project getting a clean 33b while standing in their face without going around something first].

I personally think this is a little much though, regardless of the situationality? (I made up a word :P), but due to the circumstances needed for these to hit (again, i reiterate, the ones where he kicks them into the second bubble DO NOT WORK), that this should be allowed.

dude the people on youtube were flaming you i was like wtf? you dont start out kick ass , algol is not the easiest character to use either. but I see alot of potential for you

been a while since we had a video in here

Crow:
when you block 66A, you kept doing empty jump into BB or throw. just do 9B or 9K

asura is giving you a lot of trouble, which is understandable since algol's best moves all lose to it. Here are some suggestions of moves you can try which can beat asura

3K: weak but fast
33K: kinda slow but very long range
44K: kinda slow but CFs in 10 blocks
aB: unsafe but kilik isn't anything special at block punishing, and this will actually put the hurt on him. give this a try!

great suggestions Tiamat. wow how did I forget about 44K? I was all about that move in 1.02 and for some reason I just stopped using it. Gotta bring back the silly kicks. Also didn't know that 9B/9K would Tj quick enough to go over 66AA. I'm used to all jumping moves in SC4 sucking at TJing, lol.

Asura really wrecks Algol, but I've definitely found some tricks that should/could help me since this video. Block the first hit, You can DP-GI the 2nd hit of Asura everytime! And I've learned the simple, beautiful magic of a single step-left, which steps the first hit of Asura and causes the remaining hits to not track, netting Algol free 3B/WS B/33B/Love. I like doing 33B because I like the techs it offers and it's really easy to do post step, and lord knows I like easy.

The real heartbreaker for me in this vid is that I put Ryujin in losers first round, lost to BLDave later on, and then watched (and eventually, in this vid lost to) as Ryujin asuraraged his way to win the whole tournament, lol.

Zombie- Suggestions? Would love to see some of your tournament vids, particularly versus a strong Kilik player like Ryujin or BLDave, who tend to place tops no matter where they go in the US.

I just noticed that I've not posted any videos in this thread. These are all OLD but I'll just post everything I've got.

Tournament vids from september:

Casuals:

Whodat (Algol) vs Tiamat (NM) - 12 matches

Comments welcome. I've probably already figured out the biggest problems already but it's always possible to miss something, and there's nothing wrong with a reminder even if I do have the problem fixed already.

haven't been here in a while... well on a tournament level, it's not flashy, except when Tiamat did 3B,41236B respectfully in one of his vids. Probably because tournament style just boils down to all that... I'd love to post a video, actually multiple show-combo and online match videos, but I don't have anything to record my matches. Stupidly, I'm not technologically friendly in that department... but I'd like to fight you next time Winters, and you too Tiamat...

I play an extremely safe Algol because Algol has such good damage output on his safe moves that you don't need to use unsafe stuff much (except lows but almost no one has good safe lows anyway). 3B is a good whiff punisher or powerful interrupt when at large frame advantage. Safety is crappy on it so gotta pick your spot if it's a non whiff punish 3B.

Keep in mind that usually the best way to fight a boring character/playstyle is to play in a boring way yourself. Whatever gets the job done.

Back