Algol Video Thread

because I'm the shit

ok but being serious, 1B > 2A+B is not a combo at close range. It's possible to react to the bubble without eating the tech trap if you focus. If you look through the matches you will see me block 2A+B from 1B a LOT. I did eat 11A tech trap twice but I assure you those were entirely avoidable, I must have gotten lazy

Yes you did get lazy. Although it is entirely possible to block it on reaction you weren't doing that.

Tiamat you are so good i hav a lil boner for u rite now x_x

I'm curious to know what you think about algol being banned. Also would you mind if I added you to play some games? I am lvl 90 something on ladder but i am pretty bad compared to you o_O

a lil boner?! not a BIG one?!

ok that was gay. lol

anyway I think algol being banned is stupid and I'm basically never online. what country and/or state you live in?

good play against neorussel in loser semifinals, will edit in comments for other matches

edit:
good job beating neorussel twice in the same tournament with Algol :)

one thing:
PLEASE go in training mode for about 2 minutes and practice using aB in combos. I see single B WAY too much (this goes for Alex J as well). You have a LOT of time to do the aB, you are doing it way too fast.

I used Algol a few times in a recent tournament.. also, I hate fighting STD's Amy with Algol lol

Tell me about it. STD and I are 1 and 1 in tournament play Algol vs Amy.

(feedback welcome :))
(feedback welcome :))

He beat you the same way he won a match with me. And that's by KEEPING you on the ground.

But this isn't an Algol specific problem though, because STD will keep you on the ground with any character.

The best thing you can do here is improve your wake-up defense against Amy to overcome this match up;
because keeping you on the ground is where Amy's damage comes from.

You also want to be careful of her moves that ground you in the first place, like 2B+K, 33B, B+K(parry), and 3b/3ba.

Keep in mind that she has to be close to you to ground you with a low(2B+K). At mid and long range, you can just block her mids.

And last but not least, don't get tech roll happy against her. She doesn't have anything that can hit you for heavy damage on the ground.

RTD, STD has changed his style against Algol since you last played him. He's MUCH more effective now, since he now uses her B+K autoGI to repel the bubbles back. I'm guessing he didn't know that back when he played you. But because of that damn autoGI she can get pretty annoying, and it becomes very difficult to set up an effective bubble shield against her. Algols close range game sucks compared to Amy, since he doesn't have good knockdown lows that can't be reacted to + shitty throw range, and with the bubble shield getting shut down this matchup becomes pretty hard.

I view Amy as a good anti-Algol character.

RTD:
Yeah Amy's okizeme is mind blowingly good. I never seen these matches even though they were apparently posted a long time ago.

Amy 1A on block gives you 70 damage combo from WR B. try not to miss the punish.
good use of bubbles and 1A/spacing
3:50 - wow it is rare for a bubble to block the screen for THAT long
excellent play in that first match

second match:
score is 1-1? didn't record first match I guess? cause I remember STD got 2nd at that tourney (though I do remember that you got screwed over)
you aren't spacing nearly as well and you're taking more risks like 8Ks on wakeup and stuff. trying to throw him more instead of 1A him to death etc. I guess it's because you were tired at this point, and STD was high on caffeine. though you do still manage to do your 11A combo perfectly regardless

FC 3B and 11K TC quickly and can be effective after amy's 1A hits you. she has high damage counters for these but use them sparingly and you'll do better than you would by just turtling up/doing FC A after 1A hits you.

one thing:
PLEASE go in training mode for about 2 minutes and practice using aB in combos. I see single B WAY too much (this goes for Alex J as well). You have a LOT of time to do the aB, you are doing it way too fast.
But I <3 online SCIV. :)

you aren't spacing nearly as well and you're taking more risks like 8Ks on wakeup and stuff. trying to throw him more instead of 1A him to death etc. I guess it's because you were tired at this point, and STD was high on caffeine. though you do still manage to do your 11A combo perfectly regardless

lol. i just went back to watch the second match and I can tell you that 5:00 am RTD definitely sucks.

leave "my amy" out of the algol thread T_T.....

RTD... my amy is totally different from those matches...i'm a much more smarter player with her...since i had time to refine my game with her and improve my style...but none the less..if you want to rely on old vids of me than go ahead ^_^b

i'm..much more smarter player

馬鹿....you're lucky Amy's so good against Al Gore. My womenz has to take risks.

Darn it Tiagol get over it and dominate a tourney with him. There's always Canada......

Back