Algol Video Thread

Watching your vids vs. Whodat, i'm interested to know what you think of that matchup, we don't have a NM player here so I don't know much. LOL at A+B absorbing the bubble, I'm not sure how practical that is but it's pretty funny nonetheless.

The matchup seems odd- 33B clearly rapes Algol if you anticipate any charged bubbles at mid range, but a lot of pokes I expected to beat bubbles, like 6B or 11B, seemed to work inconsistently, I guess because NM moves forward when he does them. 3B seemed to work pretty well, and it /seems/ like Algol dosen't have much of anything to punish 11B unless NM does it in FC 3B range. He's probably forced to block a lot of this stuff after shooting bubbles, and I bet it does a hunk of CF too. Man, it really occurred to me in match 9 how badly Algol sets himself up to be CF'd by overusing bubbles- it's only a few seconds in and you've already got his orb yellow.

This almost seems like a match that Algol WANTS to be in close in.

Seeing NSS bA peg Algol through bubbles in match 7 really surprised me.

Using GS A to backhand the bubble away in match 3 = F'n manly. I didn't know about that at all. If GS A weren't freaking BB punishable I'd almost say that this matchup would be in NM's favor, haha. How practical is the GI window for GS A to GI bubbles? If they send them back then the additional blockstun from bubbles might just make GS A safe for NM, since Algol would be forced to block the GI bubbles.

I only saw you do this a few times, but keep in mind that a misplaced teleport = free grab attempt, amongst other delicious things.

Match 5 REALLY shows off Algol's weakness to step, wow. I'm tempted to go test all of Algol's stuff v. step, because it occurs to me I don't know if he's really weak to step v. a specific side.

I never caught you doing this, but I'm tempted to suggest that you practice GIing the 2nd hit of 2A+K, A+B. It's the only real way to punish this move and it puts you at +adv, obviously there's the risk of them not doing the bubble but free damage is free damage.

Which, btw, it becomes really clear after watching a few of these that 2A+K is easy to see on reaction + you have great reflexes, GG.

You can tell these were casuals with Whodat- in the beginning lots of dropped algol stuff and an Algol 11A caught you asleep, haha. The matches definitely get progressively better. And exciting!

Final score of NM V. Algol -44-46 Nightmare. Clearly Algol needs to be banned!

Will watch your algol in a bit. :3

I still think the tom brady vids are pure comedy gold. Sadly most of the tourney vids just seemed like a lot of matches with people that had spent about 0 minutes in practice against Algol. Cassie not doing FC 1B at all blew my mind.

Please explain to me how this BB went through Sets 66BA, lol.

Oddly your casual matches seemed like much better matches then any of your tourney matches. Millionz clearly had either played you before or done a little homework, and did a lot better then any of the recorded tourney matches did, haha.

Does... Does Cervy CH BBB not work on Algol? D:

All I have time to watch, but they are great vids, thank you for shareing Tiamat :)

crow: thanks for the compliments. :)

matches with me (nm) vs Algol:
I think you are right when you say it looks like an odd matchup. It is very unlike anything I've played before. My theory fighter says the matchup is slightly in Algol's advantage but it is hard to say. This was our first session playing this matchup so we learned as we went, though I knew ahead of time about certain things like 33B trade with bubble for better combo, A+B vs bubble, and GS A vs bubble. It seems hard to apply the A+B and GS A consistently but they seem to have some merit. By watching the videos and doing more testing I realized a few more things nightmare and algol can do to each other. for example, algol can punish nightmare's NSS K and NSS b:A with 2B+K (ouch). on the other hand, I found out if you do 8(delayed input)8B with nightmare it will sidestep but buffer in a late 88B to extend it, so nightmare will go around ALL the bubbles. There is certainly more strategy to to found for that matchup on both sides, I thought it was a very fun matchup because both characters have a lot of little tricks they can use to mess each other up. You are right about Ging second hit of 2A+KA+B, I did not do it at all but I should try it at least sometimes. I did some testing and found out that the GI timing changes if he does a fast or a slow bubble, but only from a far block. About Algol's tracking, I think he has good tracking options but they are not as high damage as his linear options. his BB and 2A+K track opposite sides (which i learned from this session) is interesting, but he also has AA, 11K, 1A, 22A for anti step. the problem is that all his anti step are somewhat low damage unless you snag them with 22A or 11A, which are both very slow. the wincount on the screen includes matches played with other characters as well, but the nightmare vs algol matches were nearly a straight 50/50 that day for wins and loses

matches with me playing as Algol:
It is true that the casual matches are better than the tournament matches. The first casual matches recorded are exactly one week after the tournament happened. I played Winback and could not beat him in any sets with Algol, so I eventually went back to nightmare vs him (later I found anti-kilik strats to try which I still haven't tested in match play). Millionz has by far the most anti-Algol exp in Virginia. Even then he made some mistakes in his match with me (turtling up after being hit by 11K for instance). He actually beat my Algol a lot the week before that, the night before the tournament, which was good because it helped me avoid being overconfident. Sadly he did not place well in the tournament the next day. Millionz is also one of the only ones to have played my 1.02 Algol, so he has suffered Algol's TRUE POWER. XD

About the setsuka 66BA thing and the cervy BBB thing, I really have no idea hahah. you are very observant. I will see if I can get them to happen again later.

Plume: you are awesome for posting that lol

here is an old vid of me using algol in a tournament in sydney(australia) last year, before i knew how to properly spam bubbles and was still getting used to 11b as a combo ender lol, but i thought id post anyways. my play style has knda changed a little but still interesting to watch ^^

here is an old vid of me using algol in a tournament in sydney(australia) last year, before i knew how to properly spam bubbles and was still getting used to 11b as a combo ender lol, but i thought id post anyways. my play style has knda changed a little but still interesting to watch ^^

try not to stand up immediately after being knocked down, you stood up into quite a few lizardman 1[K]s

not much to say about the vid, you just kinda killed him

try not to stand up immediately after being knocked down, you stood up into quite a few lizardman 1[K]s

not much to say about the vid, you just kinda killed him

yeah i kinda did, its to bad my other matches with algol were not filmed cause they were a bit more competitive, tho i still have that bad habit of getting straight back up im trying not to lol.

remember that siderolling on the ground is generally the safest thing you can do after being knocked down in this game. there are some exceptions, but generally speaking it is the safest thing to do

Not sure if this has been posted before but has any1 seen this video? ITS CRAZY Pretty sure none of these work after the patches but still amazing anyway. Btw does any1 know what kick that is at 0:31 never seen it in the movelist

Not sure if this has been posted before but has any1 seen this video? ITS CRAZY Pretty sure none of these work after the patches but still amazing anyway. Btw does any1 know what kick that is at 0:31 never seen it in the movelist
You didn't link a video, but I'm guessing you're referring to . That kick is 22_88K IIRC. On another note, the combos that involve that kick don't work because you can AC away from the bubble to avoid relaunch. Everything else works, but the alignment and the spacing needs to be absolutely perfect or else the bubbles won't launch how they do in the video. More reliable combos can be done from WR B. Those combos should be listed in a guide elsewhere in this forum.

EDIT:
from Tiamat's Algol guide

"WR B (close hit) 4[A+B] (causes super launch) > 6A+B x2 > 8A+B > 4A+B x3 > 6A+B > aB > 11B (109 dmg)"

You didn't link a video, but I'm guessing you're referring to . That kick is 22_88K IIRC. On another note, the combos that involve that kick don't work because you can AC away from the bubble to avoid relaunch. Everything else works, but the alignment and the spacing needs to be absolutely perfect or else the bubbles won't launch how they do in the video. More reliable combos can be done from WR B. Those combos should be listed in a guide elsewhere in this forum.

EDIT:
from Tiamat's Algol guide

"WR B (close hit) 4[A+B] (causes super launch) > 6A+B x2 > 8A+B > 4A+B x3 > 6A+B > aB > 11B (109 dmg)"

Yh thats wot i meant ty

new vids for those who didn't see them in the main video posting area yet

Tiamat (Algol) vs Whodat (Amy)

amy 44K is annoying, I will 2B+K after blocking it from now on
11K bubble launch is pro

Here, have another vid of me playing like a god damn idiot:

i'm really good :|

the 27thousand 66Bs I eat in a row at one point was me trying to do DP.

Your use of the teleport in that video never did you any good. Every time you did it, you just put yourself in a bad situation and got mixed up. I suggest using more bubbles at range to bait cervantes into using his countermeasures.

Your use of the teleport in that video never did you any good. Every time you did it, you just put yourself in a bad situation and got mixed up. I suggest using more bubbles at range to bait cervantes into using his countermeasures.

Using bubbles is what put me in losers, lol.

Back