All Purpose Hypothetical Super Soul Calibur 5 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyways getting amy back doesnt mean we have to give up on viola just look at the new gen characters we could have both if team soul wants it. But yeah i think 1 character for each weapon is enough thats why i dislike the alexandras for example. I would be fine with a new raph moveset mixed with amys old one so everyone got what he wants i could just create amy cas and everything is fine

Ps: Nightmare is more manly he isnt dancing that much :)

That was merely a jest, don't worry about it.

There IS a limit on real life weapons. We're far, FAR away from reaching it, which is why I'd also like to see more, but unless they keep inventing them, we're gonna run out.

Yes, you did say they were different. And yet you also said they were clones, so pick one argument and go with that.
Point is, if Amy and Raph were different, and Amy was better, why did anyone pick Raph? Oh right, because they preferred that style.

Now, ask Pyrrus why he uses Pyrrha and not Pat.
Ask Woaazz why he chose Pat, and not Pyrrha.
Ask HolyCarp why he swears by Omega, as opposed to the others?
The fact is that whilst all three wield a sword and shield, there're enough differences to appeal to other people. THAT is your variance.

Now I already said I'd love more new weapon styles, so we're about to go around in the same points continuously.

We both agree that new weapon styles would be good, correct? (Although it doesn't inherently mean it will be creative, as you're saying, that all depends on how they utilise that weapon. More does not always mean better.)

Also, this:
I'll just reiterate this. Me, myself and I prefer having one character per weapon and at the most, two characters with the same weapon if they play very differently.
And so:

Amy
+ Raph
= Not a problem then.

You seem to think I give one whit about the rest of it - I don't. I pointed out that Amy and Raph were not clones, which is true, and that's all. You've gone on your little tangent presenting assumption as fact. Don't do that, makes you look like an ass.

And by the by, Rock used an axe long before Astaroth's introduction, making Asta, by your logic, a clone of Rock, much like Kilik is a "clone" of Mi-Na. Oh sure they changed their weapons a bit, but was it by enough for your liking?

If you're looking at it from a competitive point of view, then I'd imagine the fact that there are multiple variants of one weapon should be less of a problem provided the play-styles have enough differences to make them stand out.

If you're looking at it from a casual view, then you'll know that having Pat/Pyr AND Omega makes sense for the story, and thus is the reason we have 3 S&S users.

And if you're one of those Hard-Casuals, then who knows WHAT you want.

I doubt we'll reach the limit of realistic weapons by the time the series ends. And since this is a story about legendary magical swords, I look forward to other creations that's as creative as Ivy's Valentine instead of copying another weapon.

Fine, I might as well say there's a middle ground for the clone part. It was easy for me to pick up Amy for a brief time (she was already easy anyway) since she shared some similar moves with her father. I dabbled in Kilik and Seong-Mina in SCII and they felt quite similar as well because of said shared moves. I believe they were much more different in SCIV than the previous iterations but that was just an example.

Yea, I stuck to Raph's moveset because I liked him better. But was I happy that Amy took his moves like 4A+B BBBB and one of his evasive stance from SC2? (The one that's similar to Talim's Wind Charmer move.). He could have retained those moves if she never showed up. I hated that sacrifice to bring in a 'new' character.

Yea, Pat, Pyrrha and O.Pyrrha play differently but they're still quite high on the tier list due to some similar advantages. Not a Sieg player but I believe it's his worst MU because he can't deal with that style. Now, he has to face on all three lol.
*Whoazz plays Alpha Pat by the way.

For Asta and Rock, I'm talking about their lastest version, not their past.

I completely understood that it was necessary for story version. (Pat's is questionable though). They did they same thing in SC3 with Zas and Abyss. But I'm happy they won't be able to use story reason to have the 3 swords and shields in the next game.

Conclusion, Soul Calibur has same weapon styles for different characters and while they play differently, they ALSO have similarities. I just know that if they add in more 'clone' weapon characters, they're going to be heading down Tekken's path. So I stand my ground and say I hate seeing the same weapons on a roster.

*Another thing, I have no problem with discussions such as this. I am disheartened to see someone I respect insult me.

This thread makes me sad, because I know that Namco and Project Soul will not make something and give us a special version of Soul Calibur V...!!! If they have plans for this, they will surely make a new Soul Calibur for next gen consoles... :((((

This thread makes me sad, because I know that Namco and Project Soul will not make something and give us a special version of Soul Calibur V...!!! If they have plans for this, they will surely make a new Soul Calibur for next gen consoles... :((((

well maybe we get what we want in the next game would be fine with me to pay bit more for a really good game.
i think more character wouldnt be that much of a problem only if we get a whole bunch of new characters for example ttt2 has endless characters you cant rly learn all of them thats the problem. But most sc players allready know styles like rock,amy, zas so it wouldnt be a problem to bring them back in the next game + 1 or 2 new styles.And sc 6 better has a recollorable damp with his real 2p Kappa

Happy to see someone prefers characters that use the same weapons when instead, we can have more variety of other weapons on the roster. Let's summon Zwei's evil brother who uses a cat spirit and make him play differently. And you know what they should do? Bring in Lucius Alexander, slap him with a sword and shield and make him play differently as well. I'm TIRED of seeing the same weapon styles when we have many other choices for weapons. Or, bring back weapons that have been removed. The roster would look sooo boring if there were three ppl for every weapon style.

We don't need a another rapier user. Raph's good enough and time should be spent on improving that guy. And yes, you're absolutely correct that Amy and Raph play differently. SHE WAS BETTER THAN HIM IN ALMOST EVERY SINGLE WAY POSSIBLE. Since she was that good, Raph could actually be voided from the roster since they're no use for him to be there when you have a better choice in the form of Amy. Too bad since she's now Viola so he's still here >:)
(>V_V) But of course, she's still top tier...

And Kilik's a mimic so I would actually love to remove him :P
Edit: And stick Zas's face on his slot instead.

Your logic is slightly flawed sir. I know a lot of people out there gripe about clones, however while Amy and Raphael share the same class of weapon, the same can be argued in the case of Siegfreid and Nightmare as well as Pyhrra and Pat. Amy and Raphael can diverge down two entirely different paths, her move-set simply needs to be fleshed out a little more. Of course, I'm not going to get in this debate about whether Amy is Viola or not....yes I know they share the same voice actress...yadi yah di dah. I could care less, my point is there was no reason to scrap her simply due to her sharing a similar weapon as another character....their tactics were completely different, and Soul Calibur IV's Raphael was the sorriest incarnation of him to date. If they returned him to his former glory IE SC2....then yes, I would quietly morn my beloved Amy's passing, disappearance, or whatever you want to call it. She was a dynamic character with so much potential... alas, I digress. In many ways, I agree with you, Project Soul needs to expand the roster to include a more dynamic weapon set. I would love to see Soul Calibur III's CAS classes in the next game, however, this time around.... they would be incorporated into actual characters (so we can have some interesting tourny play) have full fledged movesets (not just 3 combos) and actually be balanced this time in respect to rest of the cast.

well maybe we get what we want in the next game would be fine with me to pay bit more for a really good game.
i think more character wouldnt be that much of a problem only if we get a whole bunch of new characters for example ttt2 has endless characters you cant rly learn all of them thats the problem. But most sc players allready know styles like rock,amy, zas so it wouldnt be a problem to bring them back in the next game + 1 or 2 new styles.And sc 6 better has a recollorable damp with his real 2p Kappa

Actually, it's quite possible. The systems aren't due out until the end of the year, and quite frankly, Broken Destiny was originally planned for digital download....however, legalities hindered this and they decided to port it to the PSP. Anywho..... PS had so much planned that due to time constraints, they simply weren't able to include it in the game. And with Bamco's latest trend of re-releases "lol" I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a bomb shell on us at E3.

"They all laughed at me when I speculated that Sonic The Hedgehog would make it into Brawl"... now who's laughing!?!?! "Mwa ha ha ha" *darkwings13 stabs me in the heart with a Rapier* ~ falls to the ground and screams "Amy!"

This is what I think of Viola!
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rr0QZ3SLnS4

1)I'm a woman. But thanks, I guess I radiate a manly aura or something. And sir has a nice ring to it.
2)Did you read my previous post? If you did, you would know that I prefer one perfect rapier style instead of having it diverge into two paths. And how much more can Amy moveset be fleshed out? It's godly high tier as it is. Raph's the one that needs the time and effort spent on by PS, not Amy. It's also not fair to other players who have two face the same style two or three times when they're at disadvantage, like Sieg.
3)I'm mourning with you on how Raph turned out. My boredom when playing him overpowers my love for him. At leastthey improved prep but wtf was with the removal of his VE stance. SC2 and SC3 Raph were very fun. I didn't really mind his SCIV one but SCV was the pit of bordom. And that Amy scream during his 236B was the straw that broke the camel's back. Anyway, that's why I have Nighty, who's a manlier version of him. Psst, Night's better than Sieg :D

At the end of the day, the best path most of all of us here can agree that a dynamic roster with no copy weapons would be the best option. Otherwise, we're going to be spinning around discussing this forever.

Now why would I stab you in the heart? (>;^_^)?
I would just sic Ein on you. I'm joking lol. Beware when I get angry though, I have two sides like Tira. And I'll look like this. (>O.o)
20py2d1.jpg

Oh I have no allusions about P.S running out of actual weapons - And besides, I actually like some of the more unusual ones (Ivy and Cervantes spring to mind - Though I'm not completely adverse to Viola or Z.W.E.I)
I just wonder if they're not pushing the boat out a little bit too far? As I just said, I don't HATE V/Z's style, but I'd like them to be explained a little further.

I didn't play Kilik much in IV, but from what I recall Mi-Na played a lot simpler. I much preferred her to the generic hero guy.

Oh I understand where you're coming from, and to be honest I don't think Amy really needed those moves. I'd be happy for Raph to be restored to his IV glory, and for Amy to give him any significant moves back, whilst retaining her far more flashy attacks.

Sieg's worse MU is anyone who can move. =]:}P
Though I'm sure I recall Whoazz rocking Pat for a time. My mistake I suppose~

See, I'm hopeful we'll get Setsuka returning for real, so that Pat can return to just using his normal style. Especially as he seems to be pretty much over Soul Calibur itself.

And I stand my ground that, whilst I would prefer new weapons on new characters, I'm no bothered if two characters share a weapon but wield them differently.

And on this, we can agree to disagree ah? :D

By the by;
*Another thing, I have no problem with discussions such as this. I am disheartened to see someone I respect insult me.
I'm sorry if I insulted you. I realise I can say things a bit bluntly, but I never intended to cause offence. I have no ill will towards you, and I hope you accept my apology.

Cheerio.

You know the idea of a "Super Soul Calibur" excites me. My fav game in the series was SCIII. It was such a beautifully crafted game and had so many characters and fighting styles. Sadly, the actual fighting system was severely flawed due to the lack of balancing. In a perfect world....I would have Soul Calibur III's expansive roster, Soul Calibur II's gameplay speed, Soul Calibur IV's Bad @$$ Cervantes & Nightmare, and Soul Calibur V fighting system/visuals. And for the love of all that is holy, bring back Amy! Lol!

Lol, if you think Sieg has it bad, you should check out Zwei's matchups. He doesn't have a single one that's in his favor. Breaks my heart (>T__T)
And apology accepted, Le Bello. Back to the way we were. Friendly acquaintances with a love for all that has Soul Calibur on it. (Except for Soul Calibur Legends. *Shudders at terrible game*)

Lol, if you think Sieg has it bad, you should check out Zwei's matchups. He doesn't have a single one that's in his favor. Breaks my heart (>T__T)
And apology accepted, Le Bello. Back to the way we were. Friendly acquaintances with a love for all that has Soul Calibur on it. (Except for Soul Calibur Legends. *Shudders at terrible game*)

Ah but Z.W.E.I has the "nobody plays me" advantage - In that a good Z.W.E.I player confuses me and gets me flustered. =/

Hurrah! Let us forget this, and Legends, ever happened <3

Please let me ask in this character wishlist. What new characters do you guys want?
- Viking
- Shaman
- Egyptian

Zasalamel had a egyptian vibe going on. When he returns he'll likely not have a changed body form

A knight with a regular longsword. A character like Aragorn, Son of Arathorn, which seems to be strangely missing from the cast. Like Siegfried, but with a sword not so ZOMGBIG.

A knight with a regular longsword. A character like Aragorn, Son of Arathorn, which seems to be strangely missing from the cast. Like Siegfried, but with a sword not so ZOMGBIG.
You know what's funny. I don't know a single Sieg player that likes the size of his sword. We all want him to have a sword that is more historically accurate. Lol

Give Sieg a (relatively) tiny sword and have his style revolve around auto GI's into stab.

Then bring in Guts as an Ezio Sieg hybrid character with a suitably sized sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back