Alpha Patroklos Combo Discussion

You can already JFT after the first 1B:B for RO without risking 2 more JFs. Of course that gives infinitely less style points.
Exactly. Actually, I'd give more points for a regular twister instead of a JFT. 214B+G gives a 2 frame window to connect a JFT, or a mere 1 frame window to connect a non-JF twister.

That said, I hope none of you ever waste your time practicing this. Still, every time I hit 214B+G, 2143aB, I think to myself: "If only they knew how cool that was..." (because obviously nobody in their right mind actually cares :P).

Legends say that it's possible to do 214B+G JFT x2 against someone who techs correctly, and that one day there will be a Chosen One who will pull it off in a tournament.

I think against a wall you can do 1B:B 1B:B 1B:B 1B:B 214B+G JFT JFT.

It's not very practical but didn't see it mentioned so I posted it. Still waiting for tech trap section to be completed. I can help with it if need be.

Legends say that it's possible to do 214B+G JFT x2 against someone who techs correctly, and that one day there will be a Chosen One who will pull it off in a tournament.
Haha, I'm no legend, but I can pull this out in casuals with reasonable consistency. Just don't ask me to do it against short females... *mutters curses about Pyrrha/Omega...*

It's not very practical but didn't see it mentioned so I posted it. Still waiting for tech trap section to be completed. I can help with it if need be.
Feel free to post any information you'd like to see incorporated in the Alpha General discussion thread. Once the tech trap thread is completed it can be formatted and included there.

Don't, just get it down. Once I started getting 1B:B (btw this process involves trying to use it in matches; even if you drop it, you're still learning to try to apply it in real situations... keep this in casuals obv.), I've been using it all the time. No exaggeration I'm above 90% success with it now. It's just another one of those "keep doing it and eventually it'll be second nature" JF things.

It's such a good move. Best mid for tech-trapping/wake up situations, imo.

Wall combos!

So, 3B is my new favourite move by the wall. Why? Combos like this:

3B, W!, ag:B, ag:B, 2A BE, 2362BA, W!, 3B, (ag:B, JFT), or (1A: A: A) or (ag:B, 2A BE, 8A+BB/Tech traps).

So good. 3 ag:Bs in one combo!? Yes plz.
How about 6!!! - need the random high wall splats ofcourse!!

Couldn't find a post on this, so I thought I'd mention:
Combos off CH of 2nd hit of 6AA:
JFT (55)
CE (67)
8A+BB → JFT (60)
2362BA (48, W!/RO)
8A+BB → 2A BE → JFT (78)

Also, some combos off A+B4:
3B → iagB → JFT (87)
2143A+B → 2363B → JFTx2 (Messed up the first twister and got no JF, but got 101 damage. Got sick of messing it up due to Madcatz D-Pad)

I think against a wall you can do 1B:B 1B:B 1B:B 1B:B 214B+G JFT JFT.
I've done this in a streamed tournament match against Hyrul. I even posted the video up before you posted this. :P
214B+G JF T JF T, I mean, not the impractical swag combo, lol.

Not to useful but after 33/2143b CH, 2361b catches all tech into a:G:b combos. You give up guaranteed damage but might be useful if your life is down and theirs is full as the a:G:b combos deal crazy damage.

Actually I think that's extremely useful. Off of a coversion from say 2143A+B I'd take it as mixup with 8A+BB if I had a BE, the reward is defenitely worth taking reset mixups.

btw some of you might wanna check out art of war setsuka combo vid, I'm pretty sure you can still do all of it,

Just wondering why do so few alpha use 11B a:G:b,

Back