Alpha Patroklos Combo Discussion

Hmm... To be honest I'm not overly keen because you're basically trading meter for oki on a big launcher when you can get that damage by using delayed 1B:B tech trap, which will also hit grounded and catch all tech. B+K is escapable by right tech and staying down, tested on Pyrrha. The main issue though is its basically an okizeme setup out of 11B which is only scary if you have more meter, to make the opponent want to stand...
60 Damage into face down 2A BE isn't bad though - but I'd keep your wakeup down to delayed 1B:B and 8A+BB, though you could use 2362BA for wallsplats I guess.

I've got to work 1B:B into my game again. Since the patch it's been so unreliable that I've given up on it.
Don't, just get it down. Once I started getting 1B:B (btw this process involves trying to use it in matches; even if you drop it, you're still learning to try to apply it in real situations... keep this in casuals obv.), I've been using it all the time. No exaggeration I'm above 90% success with it now. It's just another one of those "keep doing it and eventually it'll be second nature" JF things.

It's such a good move. Best mid for tech-trapping/wake up situations, imo.

Wall combos!

So, 3B is my new favourite move by the wall. Why? Combos like this:

3B, W!, ag:B, ag:B, 2A BE, 2362BA, W!, 3B, (ag:B, JFT), or (1A: A: A) or (ag:B, 2A BE, 8A+BB/Tech traps).

So good. 3 ag:Bs in one combo!? Yes plz.

Don't, just get it down. Once I started getting 1B:B (btw this process involves trying to use it in matches; even if you drop it, you're still learning to try to apply it in real situations... keep this in casuals obv.), I've been using it all the time. No exaggeration I'm above 90% success with it now. It's just another one of those "keep doing it and eventually it'll be second nature" JF things.

It's such a good move. Best mid for tech-trapping/wake up situations, imo.

Wall combos!

So, 3B is my new favourite move by the wall. Why? Combos like this:

3B, W!, ag:B, ag:B, 2A BE, 2362BA, W!, 3B, (ag:B, JFT), or (1A: A: A) or (ag:B, 2A BE, 8A+BB/Tech traps).

So good. 3 ag:Bs in one combo!? Yes plz.
STOP MAKING ME JEALOUS U BASTARD. Where the hell is my plicking video with the double B B DEMO?
All other JF are my B!!!atch except that one. Help a brother out. Don't make me taunt you in match 5 and increase the guard damage to your gauge from yellow to red. So help me God ....I'll do it.

Messin with aPat today I found this little combo. Its a bit weak on damage compared to other 1B:B combos, but I think its a good combo for people just starting out because the only JF is 1B:B

1B:B, 6K, 8A+B B, 2A(BE), 2K

I don't know if someone posted it here already, didn't really want to comb 11 pages to find it, just saw it wasnt on the combo thread. I'm not sure if you can tack a twister or two after the BE rather than 2K. Seeing as I just started my aPat training a few hours ago, i'm really not good enough at aPat to do JF twisters reliably in combos. Without the twister however the combo is 70 damage, CH is 80.

Messin with aPat today I found this little combo. Its a bit weak on damage compared to other 1B:B combos, but I think its a good combo for people just starting out because the only JF is 1B:B

1B:B, 6K, 8A+B B, 2A(BE), 2K

I don't know if someone posted it here already, didn't really want to comb 11 pages to find it, just saw it wasnt on the combo thread. I'm not sure if you can tack a twister or two after the BE rather than 2K. Seeing as I just started my aPat training a few hours ago, i'm really not good enough at aPat to do JF twisters reliably in combos. Without the twister however the combo is 70 damage, CH is 80.
JF Twisters are easy, the slide JUST is based on the Attack buttons themselves, not how fast you input "2143" (Quarter Circle back, Down Forward) start by practicing it in FC (Full Crouch). and just practice how fast to do the slide input. once you get the hang of that, do 2143a:B and bam you can do it at will. Thats how I learned :3
Also, I assume the JF Twister can be thrown in there it should add like 25 - 30+ something DMG
Did you also try 1B:B, 2143B:B / (BE), 8A+B, 2A(BE), 2K?

JF Twisters are easy, the slide JUST is based on the Attack buttons themselves, not how fast you input "2143" (Quarter Circle back, Down Forward) start by practicing it in FC (Full Crouch). and just practice how fast to do the slide input. once you get the hang of that, do 2143a:B and bam you can do it at will. Thats how I learned :3
Also, I assume the JF Twister can be thrown in there it should add like 25 - 30+ something DMG
Did you also try 1B:B, 2143B:B / (BE), 8A+B, 2A(BE), 2K?
I can do JFs normally, its just i get what i like to call a "mind cramp" during combos, where i try and rush through it in my mind and my fingers seize up and do the wrong stuff, workin on it though.

I TRYED, yes. Can i do reliably yet? No :P

Does Anyone have any advice for doing the 62B part for the sakura fury combo? Do you hit 6 during the hit or do you have to hit 6 and then immediately 2 as well during hit or will the jumping animation begin when you press 6? Just trying to get this move down.

Does Anyone have any advice for doing the 62B part for the sakura fury combo? Do you hit 6 during the hit or do you have to hit 6 and then immediately 2 as well during hit or will the jumping animation begin when you press 6? Just trying to get this move down.

The best way to do it is actually cheat alittle:

A+B Version:
a)Do B+K
b) then 632(A+B) during the B+K hit animation
c) then rotate your finger naturally between the 1 and 4 as you press A+B again (so you're really double tapping A+B)

When to use:
Near walls
When your 1B:B is inconsistent
Back to cliff ( set up by 2A of course lol)
After Sidestep
After 1AAA has landed at least twice.
Note: Combos into CE on left and right tech
236~3B destroys the Back roll /tech

B+K Version:
a) Do B+K
b) then 632(A+B) during the hit
c) then double tap 4 and B+K to mash it out. LOL.

When to use:
After a GI in variation with the 2x Twister and 214B+G 2xTwister
After a side step or 1AAA has soften opponents
Note: 66B catches forward tech
Wave dash in to close the distance on back and side techer to continue the pressure.

Note:
If you can buffer part a & b ( B+K 632 A+B)fast enough, you avoid that nasty -14 on the follow up if B+K blocked. Since you're just rotating your finger on the pad (or hand on stick) instead of trying to hit buttons pinpoint, it is easier to buffer.

Have a great day.

Wow! Thanks for all the advice!
The best way to do it is actually cheat alittle:

A+B Version:
a)Do B+K
b) then 632(A+B) during the B+K hit animation
c) then rotate your finger naturally between the 1 and 4 as you press A+B again (so you're really double tapping A+B)

When to use:
Near walls
When your 1B:B is inconsistent
Back to cliff ( set up by 2A of course lol)
After Sidestep
After 1AAA has landed at least twice.
Note: Combos into CE on left and right tech
236~3B destroys the Back roll /tech

B+K Version:
a) Do B+K
b) then 632(A+B) during the hit
c) then double tap 4 and B+K to mash it out. LOL.

When to use:
After a GI in variation with the 2x Twister and 214B+G 2xTwister
After a side step or 1AAA has soften opponents
Note: 66B catches forward tech
Wave dash in to close the distance on back and side techer to continue the pressure.

Note:
If you can buffer part a & b ( B+K 632 A+B)fast enough, you avoid that nasty -14 on the follow up if B+K blocked. Since you're just rotating your finger on the pad (or hand on stick) instead of trying to hit buttons pinpoint, it is easier to buffer.

Have a great day.

Combo one
:2::3::6: :3::B:....:2::1::4::3::bB:(Just)...:8::A+B::B:...:2::aA+B+K:(clean hit)... :8::A+B::B:...:2::1::4::3::aB:(fastest input)

This combo gives out over 125 damage if imputed correctly given the conditions above.
The attack :2::1::4::3::bB: must be done through "just impact" in order to continue this combo.
The player must gain "clean hit" from :2::aA+B+K: to gain extra knockdown damage(you are able to continue the combo without it though).
And finally, :2::1::4::3::aB: must be at the fastest input to gain over 125 damage total for this combo.

I'll be happy to share more combos with you guys.
Usually i'm on practicing most of the time so feel free to ask for more combos and i'll get to work.

So I'm working on my timing of the second 1B:B after a 1B:B and so far its around 60% but thats not the point. I am trying to do 1B:B, 1B:B, 214 3B:B, JFT, JFT in training mode but it seems that I can't get 214 3B:B to connect.

When I do the 214 3B:B, the combos stops, it does not keep going. I want to know if I'm just inputting too slow or is it something else?

Back