Alpha Patroklos Combo Discussion

Now that this style is more like a true Lai style and not umbrella related, i want to learn aPat to it seems really fun but very unsafe, how do you do just frames and combo's so quick? whats the timing?

Alpha Patroklos bread and butter: Every Patroklos player should be aware of the following combos.

NC's:
AA 26 dmg.
6AA 36 dmg.
1A : A : A 46 dmg.
BB 32 dmg.
1B:B 20 dmg.
FC 3B:B 32 dmg.
B+K62B44B+K 82 dmg.
B+K62B33A+B 72 dmg.
BT B+K:B 55 dmg.
22_88AA 32 dmg.
22_88BA 32 dmg.

NCC's:
No canned strings are NCC for this character.

Meterless combos listed below, no wall combos were included and they have been arranged in ascending order of dmg:

NH combos:

2A+B, 22_88BA. 48 dmg.

33B, JF Umbrella. 55 dmg. (using bA as an ender instead deals 3 more points of dmg, but umbrella gives better oki and can clean hit for more dmg.)

RUN K, JF Umbrella. 58 dmg.

11B, JF Umbrella. 59 dmg. (using bA as an ender instead deals 3 more points of dmg, but umbrella gives better oki and can clean hit for more dmg.)

66B, 9A+BB, JF Umbrella. 76 dmg.

44A+B, JF Umbrella. 85 dmg.

FC 3A+B, 2143B:B, JF Umbrella, JF Umbrella. 94 dmg.

1B:B, 2143B:B, JF Umbrella, JF Umbrella. 98 dmg.

BT B+K:B, bA, JF Umbrella. 101 dmg.

CH combos:

6K, 9A+BB, JF Umbrella. 52 dmg.

WS B, 9A+BB, JF Umbrella. 67 dmg.

11A, JF Umbrella. 57 dmg.

3B, JF Umbrella. 60 dmg.

FC 3B:B, JF Umbrella, JF Umbrella. 91 dmg.

33B, 2143B:B, JF Umbrella, JF Umbrella. 107 dmg.

Throw Combos:

A+G, 9A+BB, JF Umbrella. 67 dmg.

214B+G, JF Umbrella JF Umbrella*. 103 dmg. (3 more than that bitch Ivy ever had ^^.)

* Note - should both Umbrellas be clean hit, this combo will hit 123 damage - TAS B TASB:4 territory!

On a final side note - getting games early is AWESOME!

A+G, 9A+BB, 2A(BE), 9A+BB....
I've been working on this(my execution is shit) and the damage seems absurd. Might be more than possible to grab 100 out of both throws with meter.

A+G, 9A+BB, 2A BE, JF Umbrella. 95 dmg.

95 off the A throw with 2A BE used once and no clean hit to be precise. =O
102 with a clean hit Umbrella!

And Astaroth has good throws? LOL.

A+G BE combo is however character specific - the BE will whiff on smaller characters such as Viola and a lot of CAS hitboxes. =/

What's "Umbrella"? Never played Setsuka.

Also, what are you guys doing after 44B+K?

"Umbrella" is Sakura Twister, the crouching 3aB (or 214,3aB if you aren't crouching). I had to figure that out too since I didn't play Setsuka extensively in SC4.

Ok kids, I just updated my first post in this thread (the second overall post) with a (almost) FULL combo list.

HAVE AT IT!!

Ok kids, I just updated my first post in this thread (the second overall post) with a (almost) FULL combo list.

HAVE AT IT!!
nomnomnomnom

About the moves that need you to do the twixter, it feels like I have to buffer(not sure if correct term) the twixter! Other than that was an awesome combo list I might make a video showing all of this :P

Just updated my first post even more to plug some holes.

And from that combo list above, both (2A+B > 22_88B,A) and (BTB+K:B > bA >JF Twister) don't connect. The first you can get out of by teching at any time, and the second knocks them way too far back to connect with the Twister. Maybe you hit them from the side or something?

1b:B > 4k > 8a+b~b > 2a(BE) > 8a+b~b jf twister (82dmg)

I got 102 dmg one time! This move can only be done near a wall because the 8a+b seems to knock you too far away for 2a(BE)

1b:B > 2143b:B(BE) > 8a+b~b > 2a(BE) > 8a+b~b (118dmg)

If someone could also test this... 2a(BE) doesn't hit after 8a+b~b. I'm not sure why this happens, but unless you're near a wall or the edge it's reach isn't enough to guarantee a hit! Cost me alot of pain trying to use it only for it to be whiffed by someone who isn't even moving.

2a(be) is guaranteed on 3b(NH):

3b > 2a(BE) > 8a+b~b > 2a(BE) > 8a+b~b = 104dmg
If you somehow have infinite gauge it CAN become an infinite!
Scratch that I had Ukemi tured off!

Signed up to drop a big thank you to everyone posting combos. I mained Mitsu since SC2 and decided to change it up a bit so I'm exclusively rolling with aPat. I've still got to get used to the mechanics since I've just been into BlazBlue/SSFIV for the past year and a half or so, but I'll post if I find anything that isn't already up.

If things are missing, it's possible that there are hitbox issues at work. I tested most of them on a few characters, but there's no way I could test on everyone.

If someone finds an issue where something seems to never work on a character, please post it up here (along with the character it misses on) and I'll retest and make a note in the big list if it doesn't work on some peeps.

Taking in account reward/difficulty aP BnBs :

1B:B 214~3B:B umbrella (JF umbrella) = 76 dmg / 80 dmg with JF umbrella / 98 dmg full combo when you add the last umbrella. Can clean hit.

CH 33B 214~3B:B umbrella (JF umbrella) = 85 dmg / 90 dmg with JF / 107 dmg full hard combo when you add the last umbrella. Can clean hit.

A+G 8A+B B umbrella = 63 dmg / 67 dmg with JF umbrella. Can clean hit. 8A+B B can be followed with 2A BE JF umbrella against all characters exept Viola, Leixa, and is timing dependant against Pyrrha and Pyrrha Omega. Can be done against all characters near the edge of the ring.

214B+G umbrella (JF umbrella) = 80 dmg. 104 with JF umbrella.

Usefull moves :
2A + mix up / 2A CE

214B / 214A / 4K / 22AA / 214~3B:B / 8A+B A / 1AAA

For the lol :
CH 3B ag:B 2A BE JF umbrella = 120 dmg (please double check). Can clean hit 3 times.
11B ag:B 2A BE JF umbrella = only clean hit moves combo.

Back