Alpha Patroklos Combo Discussion

Just checking in here to see if anyone else has noticed that the stun on CH 33(99)A is different from the stun on CH 66A. They are the same moves, but 33A causes a spin stun on counter leaving him at +9 (enough to combo into his CE for around 76 damage).

Also, found that his WS/214A on counter give him a CE, which is something I've been using lately. Gives about 89 Damage for a step catcher that TCs.

Didn't check the whole thread, so sorry if I'm posting old info.

Played a lot of matches against Xiba today and noticed that FC3B:B after 1B:B 1B:B is difficult to land. Still possible, but the timing is extremely tight against him. Wondering if there are any other characters with the same issue.

Few things I think should be in the topic-
Best combo from guard break assuming no meter and 1 bar
Best combo from GI assuming the same.

Best combo from a GI:
Any combo following the 2361B, 2143A+B or ag:B launcher, will beat instant re-gi and no GI, the opponent has to do a delayed GI - Mix up with 1BB.

Ok, we all know the situation:
you land 1B:B close to the edge and think "sweet! That's game!" only to mess up Twister when it counts and end up losing the round, or indeed lose you tournament matches at Cannes. (still salty, lol.)
Well, worry about this happenning to you no longer:
1B:B. 214B, 2362BA. I recommend this only for close range RO as its damage is 2/3 what you could get, but the execution is simple - a monkey could do this combo.

Ok, we all know the situation:
you land 1B:B close to the edge and think "sweet! That's game!" only to mess up Twister when it counts and end up losing the round, or indeed lose you tournament matches at Cannes. (still salty, lol.)
Well, worry about this happenning to you no longer:
1B:B. 214B, 2362BA. I recommend this only for close range RO as its damage is 2/3 what you could get, but the execution is simple - a monkey could do this combo.

::Warning::
If you do this combo do it as Synraii stated because if you do it as 22_88BA their is a chance it misses. I'm not sure if this is a glitch or because it takes more time because of the QS(usually happens to me) and you don't want to lose a match because you missed a move that even a monkey can do.

Regarding A+G throw combos:

Most of you have probably noticed that the standard, with meter BnB does not always work. I'm talking about...

A+G, 8A+BB, 2A BE*, JF Twister

The asterisk is on the 2A BE because this is where the combo will always drop vs. select members of the cast, assuming the combo is performed away from any walls. 2A BE will always whiff vs. the following:

Leixia, Viola, Pyrrha, and Pyrrha Omega

This is due to the height of the hitboxes. Those are the four shortest characters in the game, and their legs are just too short to be tagged by the 2A BE.

Tira, Elysium

When used against these characters, the 2A BE will almost always connect. However, about 1 in 20 attempts, it will randomly whiff for reasons that are beyond me. I would still consider this combo to be "reliable" vs. those characters, but if you're in a clutch tournament match or something, you might want to consider the possibility of a whiff, and go for something that is 100% reliable.

Nothing will make you saltier than losing because you burned 1 meter on a random whiff in an important match.

It whiffs against Natsu also..i recognized today in the tournament multiple times :P But i think in trainingsmodus sometimes it connects, dont know. Really pisses me of a bit, need to check all characters for consistency...i thought it works against Natsu and bam in the tournament i whiff it all the time...:(

Doc sad :(

Also i need some vids from maxou etc to see how you guys play against people who just backstep a lot and step a lot, im having trouble with this. Maybe cause im too inpatient and just try to attack...

Ha ! Finally !
You finally reached the limits of the character !
I have no skill on JF twsiters whatsoever so I reached the limit of the character very fast (now I start to get JF twisters and I am pleased with the sick damage he has).
At first I was like : how the hell do I attack? How the hell do I counter step? How the hell do I counter step~TC move?

aPat is clearly a very strong character but he is not broken. Hilde like? Never. Top tier? I think he is.
Zoning and steps are an alltime problem for him. He has no good antistep mids. Either very unsafe (bA) or slow (3A) they're completly subpar with the rest of the cast.
aPat is not SC5 Setsuka. He's like SC4 Cassandra with way more damage.

It whiffs against Natsu also..i recognized today in the tournament multiple times :P But i think in trainingsmodus sometimes it connects, dont know. Really pisses me of a bit, need to check all characters for consistency...i thought it works against Natsu and bam in the tournament i whiff it all the time...
Actually, Synraii clued me in on a technique to make the 2A BE 100% consistent against all cast members. I haven't actually tested it against everyone, but it worked against Pyrrha consistently, and I assume the same technique will work on the other "short" cast members.

The combo is now: A+G, 4*, 8A+B,B, 2A BE, JF Twister.

*For this to work, during the A+G throw animation, wait for the opponent to hit the ground, then tap 4 once. Continue the combo by doing 8A+BB as usual. You shouldn't even really see the 4 animate. It's a buffered backstep you're cancelling right away into 8A+B. If done correctly, 2A BE should now connect, leaving the opponent at your feet.

This, oddly, has let to another issue: sometimes the 2A BE (as in this case) will leave the opponent's head towards you, face down. I've noticed JF Twisters will not OTG in this situation, and often whiff over the grounded foe completely.

I totally didn't know A+G bnb combo only worked on certain characters lol. Thanks for informing me that, i'll have to experiment.

Actually, Synraii clued me in on a technique to make the 2A BE 100% consistent against all cast members. I haven't actually tested it against everyone, but it worked against Pyrrha consistently, and I assume the same technique will work on the other "short" cast members.

The combo is now: A+G, 4*, 8A+B,B, 2A BE, JF Twister.

*For this to work, during the A+G throw animation, wait for the opponent to hit the ground, then tap 4 once. Continue the combo by doing 8A+BB as usual. You shouldn't even really see the 4 animate. It's a buffered backstep you're cancelling right away into 8A+B. If done correctly, 2A BE should now connect, leaving the opponent at your feet.

This, oddly, has let to another issue: sometimes the 2A BE (as in this case) will leave the opponent's head towards you, face down. I've noticed JF Twisters will not OTG in this situation, and often whiff over the grounded foe completely.

Hi, im the one who first posted about this, but i just didnt have the time to train it. Cause when opponent techs timing can be really messed up...especially the really small chars...i wll have another look onto it.

Nice find Docvizzo. I tried it before (vs Pyrrha) but I couldn't do it even once.
Now I will try.

And if the opponent is head toward you after 2A BE, 8A+B B is full techtrap IIRC. Need tests.

Hi, im the one who first posted about this, but i just didnt have the time to train it. Cause when opponent techs timing can be really messed up...especially the really small chars...i wll have another look onto it.
Cool, didn't know this was your technique. I just ran a quick test vs. Natsu, and with her set to random tech, the tap 4, 8A+BB technique was working 100%. It takes a little while to get used to timing the input, but once you've got the technique down I believe this is a very consistent fix for making 2A BE connect on the entire cast.

Nice find Docvizzo. I tried it before (vs Pyrrha) but I couldn't do it even once.
Now I will try.

And if the opponent is head toward you after 2A BE, 8A+B B is full techtrap IIRC. Need tests.
Yeah this definitely works vs. Pyrrha, so it's very worthwhile to learn the technique. Not hard at all, and very effective.

As for the head towards tech trapping, I also just quickly tested that, and it seems to work. I was a little confused in my last post: A+G, 4, 8A+BB, 2A BE, JF Twister does not leave them head towards. if executed correctly it pushes them away, feet towards.

66B, 4, 8A+BB, 2A BE*, 8A+BB

In this combo the 2A BE leaves them head towards at your feet every time. JF Twister seems to whiff in this situation, but 8A+BB connects, and will potentially relaunch depending on their actions on the ground.

I totally didn't know A+G bnb combo only worked on certain characters lol. Thanks for informing me that, i'll have to experiment.

Actually, my initial post was made before I learned about the A+G tap 4 technique. This actually does work vs. everyone, but an execution trick is required for the smaller characters, as described above.

Yup 8A+B B does hit them. That's what I talked.
Nice find. It also deals 2-3 more damage to the A+G throw.

Yep - Docvizzo found it, I merely relaid the information to you b4k4, lol.

Lol i didnt wanted to imply that I FOUND IT TROLOLOLOL ALL CREDITS TO ME, just that i was aware of it since i found it :) But it sometimes hit Natsu, sometimes it whiffed. And thats fucked up if its happened in tourney...which did, lol.

:P

Back