option 2-Duck first hit 6K second hit
option 3-VE first hit then jump second

WRB-

ivy

214B-punishable by 236B

YUN

yun is stunned by A+BA during crane

how do i beat kilik

i dont play raph, i play maxi, but: my general strat against kilik is to get right in his face and stay there. sometimes the hard part is getting in his face. Ill leave that up to you. Kilik's close range game is crap imo. good kilik players will keep you away from them and chip at you till your dead. So find a good attack to get you in his face and keep pressure on his ass. lots of lows if you can throw them out there as well.

how do i beat kilik

Other than Asura raph doesn't fall prey to Kilik's spacing as much as other characters might. Asura still has to be dealt with intelligently but that's something most characters have to do, so not a handicap against raph.

how do i beat kilik

Keep in mind you can press 2 and any attack during the 3rd hit of Kilik's 6AAA (his quick high horizontal interrupt string) and the 3rd hit will ghost right through you. I just stuck with 2K or 2A ..but from what i heard you can go 2A+G and grab him.

You can use 236B liberally , since if he does use 6AAA or 6AA after blocking at least you know you have an extra option against him.

how do i beat kilik

I'll second what WuHT said (lol). 236 B is hard to punish to begin with, and is fast enough that Kilik should'nt be able to counter it if you're intelligent with it.

how do i beat kilik

is there an way to actually use prep with out getting shut down?

and should i go mid range or close? cause raph is best at mid but kilik is bad at close

how do i beat kilik

236B is your friend start of the match with it. Once you get in you have to confuse them with prep. 3B ~Prep Then continue with the strikes but dont finish it then do 3K and just keep mixin it up.
Edit: If you have live add me

how do i beat kilik

is there an way to actually use prep with out getting shut down?

and should i go mid range or close? cause raph is best at mid but kilik is bad at close

The trick is to identify which moves are shutting you down. The only fast moves that raph has that can interrupt/trade with 3 transistion are high (his 46B, 6B9, 6AAA)... and luckily you have prep's built in auto sway against high. If you Know for certain he's going to do a high , then you can do prep A+B, or even prep 2 to SEA. The only thing to note is that SEA B and K can get hit during the multiple strikes of 6AAA (so if you wanna fish for CH use SEA A)... otherwise it's wiser to let him finish his 6AAA, then punish with some attack, forfeiting your SEA B CH combo for safety.

You do the above for a while and very soon kilik will start to turtle up against Prep transistions. Unless of course they're really thick-headed. 4 looks like the best entry into prep ..(because most people expect raph to be done and retaliate with a slow strong move, giving you a free CH)..but in truth he has 3 speedier transistions into prep (but people try to interrupt it)

SEA
44A

are all really good at fishing for CH (especially the first one)

---
Unfortunately, using repeated 3B on block isn't as good against kilik, (probably the worse character to do this against)... but I do like 22 into pressure. If blocked, it has a built in side step against his 46B ..and you should use this so you're out of range for the first hit of 6AAA from kilik

And lastly...if your kilik opponant is an idiot (spamming 6A+B, or randomly throwing out long range sweeping lows) you can always teleport behind them.

how do i beat kilik

i have found that using rising attacks frequently works well because people don't expect them. also 7K is really trick and can make an opening so the kilik player cant re escape to long range thank you guys !!!!wuht you were a huge help dude thanks

how do i beat kilik

watch out for kilik's baiting asura .. I kept eating his asura after trying to 3 after blocking a kilik WR K.
Can't grab him when he's airborne too. Best bet is to do 33KB quickly it looks like ..since when kilik does asura he jumps into you.

how do i beat kilik

yeah i cant ever evade that asura. but i still beat my friend who loves to use 6AAA and the 66AA(high then low sweep) teleporting was my best freind

how do i beat kilik

i'd just like to point out that raph's 33_99k:b is safe against kilik and since it starts with a kick it doesnt fall victim to asura-happy players. just make sure you are close enough that if it's guarded the b wont whiff, cuz then it's punishable for days.

Siegfried match up

step left can dodge his sweep kick and his 3A. not much reason to step right

learn to punish these moves on guard
3 (for raph you should 6B I suppose)
6B+K B (-19)
6B+K [K] (WS B or something)

after knockdowns if you stay down and roll around he can't hurt you very badly. standing up into mixups if bad.

Siegfried match up

watch out for Sigfried sweeping lows. if you do get knocked over by one do like tiamat said and roll backwards.
also if he does get close use your VE throws. try to use 236 B frequently, IMO its raphs best option against long range characters.

Siegfried match up

One thing I try to do is bait a 3 from siegfried after 22~VE, and let the auto-evade take action, because the sieg knows that VE B is a high.

Siegfried match up

how often you use 236B depends on how much they are stepping. even 8wr will dodge your uber linear 236B so be careful with it.

Siegfried match up

how often you use 236B depends on how much they are stepping. even 8wr will dodge your uber linear 236B so be careful with it.

agreed, good point

*edit when using 236B take into account the other players side stepping. try using it as a punishment after ducking a high.*<-------thinks it should work

but a good soul calibur player will know highs are ineffective against raph (cause of prep)in the first place

hope i dont screw the guy asking for advice with my bad advice

Back