Anti-character and match ups

Siegfried match up

agreed, good point

*edit when using 236B take into account the other players side stepping. try using it as a punishment after ducking a high.*<-------thinks it should work

but a good soul calibur player will know highs are ineffective against raph (cause of prep)in the first place

hope i dont screw the guy asking for advice with my bad advice

Heh why duck a high and 236B, when 4B will most likely hit them (it's got decent range).

Siegfried match up

236B is what it is, something you use when you know for a fact that they whiffed an unsafe move. Unfortunately raph's spacing is no longer what it used to be so getting people to whiff has become much harder. If you're trying to go around people's stuff in order to get damage then 4B/VE etc are your best bet.

Anyways back on topic, I like VE against Sieg.

Siegfried match up

yeah VE is good for moving away from the much abused BBB.
lol i played a spammer that spammed sigs unblockable and VE is was so handy.
plus VE A is kind of good or spacing although VE throws are your best bet

Siegfried match up

VE A and VE grab have pretty much the same range surprisingly (such that VE A will hit twice)

VE K has an easily underestimated range.

Siegfried match up

Dude... No siegfried player who actually has a brain uses BBB, it's not even an NCc. I'm not familiar with Raph's notation but i'm assuming VE is his sidestep? it's definitely a solid move to use against uber linear siegfrieds. Just watch out for siegfried's step-killers agA/6A. Which are both high's so you can probably duck them with Preparation i believe? What you should more so be afraid of are Sieg's block traps: B:4, agA, and 44 are the big ones, you'll probably get those thrown at you on wake up when you can't properly GI them. Of course if you're playing Scrubfrieds you could probably get away with VE all day and dodge 3 :P.

Siegfried match up

Don't just use VE randomly against Sieg, Raph can't abuse like that. Using it in places to interrupt a stance happy player or place it intelligently if the player's very linear. Landing a VE A puts Raph in a good position for followups, quite needed since it's very difficult to out poke Sieg at long range and damage isn't in Raph's favor in this match up.

Siegfried match up

After 3 he has that little knee that seems to come out really quick.. can you actually interrupt that with 6B?

Siegfried match up

what ever you do, dont abuse prep(great strat for anyone)but against sig it will get you stuffed if they blocked the attack that transfers into it.

Anti-character

Anti-char is one of the best and hardest things to do. But we should definitely try. Angelic since you started the thread can I count on you to edit the first post as we update?

I don't have time right now but I'll start. On block Mitsu's 2kb can be punished by 4b and seem the best option to me.

Anti-character

seems Raph is one of the big Anti scrub Nightmare defences for me. You can easily punish Nightmare's 1A with 44B GI so that is useful on Nightmare scrubbery. Taki is next she's super punishable on her Rising K after her 236_236B. You can just end the combo start with Prep BBB B

Anti-character

2A NM's GS every time, obvious one. Another one I like against Sieg is VE after blocking his 3 up close if you want to try for a setup instead of guaranteed dmg.

Anti-character

some anti nightmare

2A on NSS transition
example :
3 on block
WS on block

also 4B after 33B on block

basicaly Nightmare's strong and fast attack is high
like Aga , GS A , NSS K
so IMO 4B is really useful as anti Nightmare

Anti-character

Playing against Promiethius has taught me the importance of outpoking NM instead of bulldogging him. Patience helps in all match ups but a NM with strong defense can punish raph surprisingly well.

Anti-character

1.02 ok i etited the first post a bit also
6B prep A+B works against asta if the 6B hits

1.03 more edit added anti kilik scrub tactics

Anti-character

err kilik's 6AAA has a strange property that someone has mentioned before ..where you press 1_2_3 and any attack, and somehow the attack will whiff through you, allowing a free attack. You can even buffer a 33KB through the last hit of 6AAA, but it's probably best to grab (2A+G or 2B+G)

Anti-character

Really? I did not know that. Gotta try that out.

edit: Hmm. Could not get any kind of trick to work. You shure about that?

Anti-character

1) 6AAA on BLOCK (not hit)

should have made that more clear. easiest to test with 2K or 2A .. which arn't TCing ..but exploiting a weird hit-box feature of kilik's last hit.

Anti-character

angelic_fragment said:
Ain you prolly got some stuff for algol care to share?

prep pressure is amazing against Algol cause he can't sidestep prep A at all

Back