Anti-character and match ups

Not just horizontals, I think. I've aGI'ed another Raph's 33B before.

But yeah, I wouldn't recommend using 44B against LM's 66A. You could possibly try to get at him first with 236B, I guess.

44B parries all low weapon attacks. 66A is annoying, but you don't need to step that much against Lizzy anyway, just keep him out and do the 6K thing.

The best advice I can give you is that after the match starts if your opponent starts stepping just rageplug your ethernet and go outside - fuck it.

ok so prom raped me with NM pretty bad......

got any anti NM?

particularly anti GS?

4B, don't sleep, and get used to which transitions you can punish and which ones you can't. I haven't played (not counting EVO) in 2 months or so, so I can't give more detail on this, but the more I played this match, the better I thought the matchup for Raph was (probably even or better). Use 6BB more (or 6B until you get used to what can be punished, since it is safer on block).

2A the GS transitions and/or punish GS A when he needs to use it. Learn the tech traps and do your best to avoid them. You can try to guess with 4 against agA or GS A but stick with step G always. Promiethius can still out play you regardless of match up so being solid is the best answer for any question.

problems against kilik

Ok my problems are ONline cause i don't know any good offline kilik...

I have big problems with asura...
At least on the paper i'd need something to turn the matchup....

If i just try to attack i can be Asured or TCed....(so i cannot use my frame advantage on hit or block -.-)

The problem is that raph does not have good high in this case.

4:(B): is not an options cause asura is TJ -____-
I can use 6:B:-6:K:-44:K:2:B: etc but the risk VS reward is still in kilik's favor if he just impact or TC i am gonna get lot of dmg.

Throw is gonna fail every time.

Blocking has the same problem ASURA is very unsafe but online u can stop it after 2 hits so lag is gonna cancel a lot of your frame disadvantage.

I just can't get any strategy to work need help ._. i know i must have forgotten something.

problems against kilik

6k does well vs Asura spam. You really just have to mix in fast kicks to detract Kilik's from constantly using asura against you.

problems against kilik

there is already a match up discussion in the match up thread iirc

EDIT:I merged the threads

ill leave the redirect up for a bit so the OP knows where i moved this

6K beats asura clean

asura doesn't GI kicks

i like to fight close against kilik

at range 1B is really a big problem for raph

although you can bait kilik into using it and punish but its not worth the risk

i like staying up close 6K AB 4K all are pretty good vs kilik at that range

i usually get close with an empty prep and try to stay there best i can

problems against kilik

Against asura, it should be noted that 4A after the 2 hit blocked of asura will always hit him.. AND evade the 3rd hit should the kilik choose to finish his string.

4B is your best punish if you block the whole string, but doing 4 online is tougher to time cuz you gotta go into stance.

However, 33KB imo is pretty good against kilik, especially cuz kilik sucks at punishing, and it's asura-proof.
ie: if you get hit by kilik's 2A, immediately step for 33KB .. thats probably your best risk-reward cuz it'll step WS B and it'll beat asura for better rewards than 6K(also a good option since kilk cannot punish it)

33KB is my main problem >__> can't buffer it properly losing some frames....i's the only move in raph list that gives me problems with the buffer online...

got to try the 4a thing.

Back