Anti-character and match ups

Anti-character

44B is really powerful. Surprised there isn't more buzz about it around here. U can use it to impact some good stuff on block/reaction. Just crazy potential. So far these seem easy enough once you put your mind to it:

Asta 1[A]
Amy 3BA
Kilik 22_88AAA
Ivy WP 1AA
Nighty 1[A] (probably not worth the risk)
Sieg 1AA
Tira JS 6AB

Sometimes you can even use 44B to TC under moves.. ie against another raph's own 22AA ..you can time to beat both his 2nd hit high or if he goes 22AB ... however, 4 TC's even better than 44B.. hits faster and does about the same damage.

Siegfried match up

don't have time to read much now, but I revising this topic because siggy's are slaughtering me left and right. It's not like Setz/Ivy where it's tough but if you turtle it out and punish, you can pull it off. You sit there and try to turtle vs Siggy, you're getting CF'd/evaded and punished/GB'd/low thrown.....I just can't beat good Siggy's.

Ruiner

Anti-character

I've noticed that last night Angelic, doubt it's a discovery, but very good mention. I don't know if turtle Raphael works vs Ivy's.....but we could use a boost in that match up....

Anti-character

the way ivy's use it..it usually hits.

It's just that you can't be predicatable (attacking whenever you have advantage)

fuck that

im a man

i disregard vader aGI's and warble full speed Ariel kicks

but seriously

we really should use 4K more

Anti-character

The only Ivy's I've ever fought were 214 trash and Raph is my counterpick against them cause he can consistently interrupt it on block. I spam some pokes and some prep and we're done. Make sure to duck her WP 6AAA (or whatever) and of a much lesser importance her CL 6KA (not many super skilled people use this that I know of.) Also, they always use 214 after a blocked CL 4BB. Many use similar setups.

Anti-character

oh wow

if you B yuns crane

you can still block the auto counter yummy

also just A+B A his crane its a free stun

Anti-character

i did some ivy research

236B punishes 214B

66 and 4(dependin on the range) will also punish. for more damage if i might add

Like Whut said tho, the problem with 214 isnt punishing it. its that if the Ivy player is good you probably aren't gonna get a chance to block it too much

Anti-character

66 and 4(dependin on the range) will also punish. for more damage if i might add

Like Whut said tho, the problem with 214 isnt punishing it. its that if the Ivy player is good you probably aren't gonna get a chance to block it too much

which way is Ivy's 214B vulnerable to 8wr and step ?

Raphael vs Lizzy?

I'm not sure if it's Raphael or me but this matchup is killing me, asking for any advice that could help me out, I'm already considering learning Lizardman anyway since I've already started Cassandra.

Raphael vs Lizzy?

What are you having problems with?

I'd say the main thing is just to learn what you can punish and what you can punish with. When I play Lizardman, there are so many people that just let me get away with the moderately unsafe stuff. 3B, wr KKK, and 1K are all punishable moves that LM players like to use. Raph especially (with his reach) can punish a lot of stuff. Besides that, LM is really basic and it just comes down to knowing your opponents tactics and tendencies with him (like when they only do wr KK). And of course you gotta know how to counter lizard crawl.

Raphael vs Lizzy?

umm yeah im merging this with the anti character thread

most of lizzys options are beat by 44B except for BB

although crawl stance is a problem although 2A+B at range works

and 11B up close

Oh, and everyone knows all LM players are gonna do 66A to close distance. I don't know if there's anything you can do but wait for it and block. That's not such a bad thing.

it's -11, but that doesn't mean shit w/ the pushback. it catches step hella good, and CH gives free mixup.

if you start sitting there and wait for it, then Lizzy can mix up between low/throw, or 66A+B/66B to break gauge.

thx genver

i guess baiting it for a 44B aGI is the best option then?

lizzys throw range is pretty bad so you almost know hes gonna throw when he runs up

4A should beat the 66A+B and or 66B

thx genver

i guess baiting it for a 44B aGI is the best option then?

lizzys throw range is pretty bad so you almost know hes gonna throw when he runs up

4A should beat the 66A+B and or 66B

44B won't beat lizzy's mid 66A ..unless he plans to knick you with it's edge, since it has a decent amount of range.

well raph has good range on his pokes so he'll be better off after blocking it than most other characters. you're probably in range to poke him with 1A or 33B, and you've got plenty of long mids to use for mixup

Back