Anti-Character Discussion

You sure mon? I just tested it and assuming Maxi 6K really is -6 on block I got:

1B TC [5-12]

Doesn't last the whole way through =/

I am pretty sure.
Tr something of even worse recovery to get the earliest.
2B+K on hit = hs -8.
I'm also pretty sure the window isn't so large...seeems like the window maybe 1 or 2 frames smaller. Recheck if u got time please.

I played vs X again. 236K whiffing other hits after the first is blocked is greatly irritating and results in pain =(

Yoda. I don't have a problem slaying that little devil almost ever, unless... duhn duhn duhhhhh... I choose Rock. It's pretty homo that the creators would give any character a big advantage over any other character. Maybe I'm off base here but I can't imagine winning against a half-decent Yoda with Rock.
WTH is the deal with not being able to crouch grab or ground grab him? Regular grabs OK but... gaa!

yeah i didnt get that either, but i gave him the bennifit of the doubt and just assumed there was a post somewhere in this thread about struggling agsint yoda and he was saying i dont have a problem with yoda (assuming he plays maxi from time to time) however yoda vs rock = BS. very off topic if they did mean to post it here.

i dont think he did

but rock > yoda.

Everyone > Yoda...unless u kinda suck with the character u playing against him, and/or the yoda is god.

*sigh* I love you guys to...lol

I could use some anit strat......

I desperatly need some anti talim

and some anti ivy.

Ive seen tiamats talim vs maxi vid and the 1B works out good for him (at least I think it was Tiamats but you get the idea). But its not that often but when a talim comes around thats really agressive, Im forced to 2A pokes and I feel I never really have control of the fight

Same with Ivy. I cant ever seem to get full control of the momentum of the fight. I have trouble with those ivys that like to keep you at a distance, and the tech trappin up close Ivy's. She just kicks my ass usually all around unless they really dont play good ivy. Pickin ivy against my personal maxi is an automatic win for them.

HELP!!

Knowing how to play vs those characters requires you to play them a lil bit to familiarise yourself with their moveset. It's going to be major tough learning a bit of Ivy, she's ultra complexed imo. Can't give you guidelines unfortunately, never played an Ivy in this game yet

I play a lot of Ivy's. Im familiar with her move set. I can beat her dont get me wrong. I get caught up in all her tech traps and pokes and moves way faster than mine. I just enter a match with Ivy where I feel comfortable. Im throwing out different shit and cant get a good set of moves that are effective enough for me. With a good Ivy I think I can win bout 35-40% of the time.

Talim Im just plain old not familiar with her for the most part. But shes a frustrating little bitch!!

HRD

Don't know what to tell you about Ivy, it's just not a good match up. If you're patient, and know where to punish her it helps. I usually just switch over to Zas.

Talim shouldn't be much of a problem though. 1B, and 2B, are good tools to keep the fight in Maxi's ideal range. Some 66B4 to keep her from mindlessly rushing into you. An occasional backstep into 44B, and 236k ought to help discourage all the A's, and throws Talim players seem to love. And try to knock her out of her leaps, I usually use A+Bg, but you can use practically any vertical to shut them down.

Don't know what to tell you about Ivy, it's just not a good match up. If you're patient, and know where to punish her it helps. I usually just switch over to Zas.

Talim shouldn't be much of a problem though. 1B, and 2B, are good tools to keep the fight in Maxi's ideal range. Some 66B4 to keep her from mindlessly rushing into you. An occasional backstep into 44B, and 236k ought to help discourage all the A's, and throws Talim players seem to love. And try to knock her out of her leaps, I usually use A+Bg, but you can use practically any vertical to shut them down.

Thats the kind of stuff I was hoping for. Just been running into a lot of "leaping backwars" talims lately and some good mix ups to go with them that I was eating like a bitch. I really appreciate that. Ill keep it in mind let you know how it goes.

and to the other dipshit talim player.....start a Talim beats Maxis ass thread. this isnt a thread for debate from you.

Back