Anti-Character Discussion

try to learn Talim's AA6BA string, it's annoying if you don't know about it. being able to react to 1A and her stance lows is also important

AA 6B(1B punish here)A

TCs like 44AB and 236K can come in handy against talim too. in general I'd say just try not to eat CHs much, her normal hit damage is abysmal (much like maxi's lol). lucky for you Maxi has good CF ability and Talim doesn't so don't be afraid to take your time

236b~LI is a nice move against Astaroth's 1[A],A_B because:
1) it TJ the low
2) it approaches to the enemy
3) it TRACKS some hits on air

Actually I was messing around with this move and its kind of sketchy. You'd think it would work great, but sometimes it over shoots and all the hits don't land and you are at mad disadvantage. And if you do it from too far away the B_A follow up will hit for MASSIVE damage.

i do like this move somtimes. its jsut situational as to wether i thinks its best option. normaly there is somthing a little safer tob ehonest

I agree with Nikkelz...it just sucks. It's a damn shame how they neutered this move. Is it disadvantage on hit? Cuz it sure feels like it.

I believe that Broken Destiny is just SC4 without the Star Wars characters, replaced with Kratos and that other guy

I believe that Broken Destiny is just SC4 without the Star Wars characters, replaced with Kratos and that other guy

I believe you're right for the most part but there was some Namco statement about the game being more balanced than SC4. It seems to have everyones hopes up that Maxi was "fixed". I just hope he isn't worse.
If you don't have a PSP it probably doesnt matter anyway seeing as theres no known plans to patch SC4 again. It's just a lot of hopeful thinking in my opinion.

I believe you're right for the most part but there was some Namco statement about the game being more balanced than SC4. It seems to have everyones hopes up that Maxi was "fixed". I just hope he isn't worse.
If you don't have a PSP it probably doesnt matter anyway seeing as theres no known plans to patch SC4 again. It's just a lot of hopeful thinking in my opinion.

Well, they made changes. I already saw new moves for other characters. I haven't seen anything new for Maxi, except that CH A+B knocks away, instead producing a crumple stun. So Broken Destiny is different from SCIV.

Hilde no longer has her doom combo. I just wish those changes make it to the PS3 version.

^There is always hope.

Namco is one of the sponsores of Evo 2009, so if the SC community gets hype during finals and shows there is a community that exist, then hopefully they'll patch SC4 in case Evo decides to include it again which chances are good since it looks like a good amount showed up. About 150 people I think? Then again, this is Namco. They probably don't give a shit.

****First of all I think we should help each other out to make this mess of anti-character information collected and organised :) This is my attempt at this. Please help out. Some simple formating rules would be good. Character: In Bold, Anti move name in Italic, content without formating.****

How are you supposed to shut down Lizardman? That crawl's a pain in the ass.

Lizardman

Anti crawl:

Jump over him, very easy. Leads to BT B+K. He does have options to avoid the backfist when he starts expecting your jump over, change you tactic accordingly you are still at an advantage. Any TC move in the game can be jumped over.

Raphael

Raph is not so tough. 44AB, 33K, 8WR left A does great vs him.

Raphael's stances and counter moves:

Crouch after you block a hit that leads to ~Preparation . If he continues with B the following fast ones will miss beacuse their highs and he needs them to hit for the rest to be guaranteed. Punish with WS A or B. He can now only finish the whole combo safely if the first hit is counter.

Always duck, when he enters the ~Preparation stance. If he does something else, see what he's responding with and punish accordingly or sidestep the ~Preparation A+B stun move he can do. Guaranteed punish.

Only his ~Preparation A CH stun (Ebony Stock) elbow is a problem, pretty much to fast to react to. But even so it is still better to crouch and read his next move, if your not to fast with the countermove the elbow will just make a regular hit for only 8 dmg and -6 on hit.

Vurkolak Envelopment B+K, A - It's mid, high. It leaves him at frame advantage on both block and hit. To avoid all complications just crouch the second hit. Guaranteed punish.

Ivy (Im trying to learn this madams moves, having heavy issues against Ring_PL :) )

Anti Whipcoil, the sidestepping TC one from whip stance (236 b):

Good Ivy players will mostly use this to evade your verticals. On block you can punish with whichever move you want that has some range. The tackle can be heavily punished with A+B on block.

Silhouette (Sword Stance 6b, 9k. High, Low)

Any TJ move to avoid the low and punish.

Intertwined Destinies (Dashing Wind) (Coiled Stance, 6A, K. High, High).

One of the easier to react to in Ivy's arsenal. Block first hit then TC move or crouch and punish the kick.

Lizardman

Anti crawl:

Jump over him, very easy. Leads to BT B+K. He does have options to avoid the backfist when he starts expecting your jump over, change you tactic accordingly you are still at an advantage. Any TC move in the game can be jumped over.
It's weird that my ancient post pops up after all this time. (I even suggested jumping over it to HRD later on in the thread.) You can also just block low and hit Lizzie out of it.

Back