Are you happy with Siegfried in SC4?

Stryker

[10] Knight
SC4 is a great game and we love this game as we loved SC2 or SC1, its very fun and very close to balanced; but certainly there are a lot of characters that surpass the basic levels of balanced like Setsuka or Kilik; my real point is that I'm very happy with Siegfried in SC4 but he needs more moves to be top tier... don't look at my with that face... everybody wants to play with a top tier character and I want to have fun and have winnings!

I had to be super mega defensive in every aspect of the game and punish everything I can with perfect timming all the time concentrating the most to win by time end if I could... I cant spent any move on the air or even get blocked cause it means punishment...

I would want to add a sweep kick like 66A+K in SC1-SC2... and SRSH A could be mid and at least faster and less punishable... that move its a crap... all my opponents keep fighting me on stand guard all the time, I really try to use the chance to throw a lot from insane distances... but I just want even one reliable low! and a reliable horizontal mid to pursue the opponents on long distances...

Im just a little frustrated cause Kilik and Setsuka by example can hit and hit and hit you with fast lows and fast horizontal mids and you cant even think about punishment... just block or GI or in a incredible case evade.

-Stryker-

Setsuka? Fast lows?

Say wha now?

I think Sieg does fine... if you were to change things too much he'd probably become "imba".

Good average damage per hit, powerful throws as you've said, and soul gauge damage for said people who keep standing and don't duck.

I believe your odd flapjack/a+kA:2A does the trick, personally.

Sieg's best lows are all close range options. It is relatively easy to read and block him from mid range and further out, and then punish.

I'm happy with him overall though in SCIV, although I just started maining him in IV.

I think SC4 Sieg is well-rounded. Though not as strong as sets and kilik, as mentioned.

I also think the addition of the low mentioned in the OP, and the making of SRSH more usable will be good additions. However I still don't see how those will make him significantly stronger.

If you really want sieg to be top tier you'd be looking at the older properties of sieg :/ esp in Sc3:Ae. i8 22kA that is + on block and 40+ damage on hit, and a flapjack that is -13 on block is obscene >_<

Sieg is fine as it is. Imo he is a breath away from being top tier. I never liked an unbalanced char requiring minimum effort for a win. Thats not me :P

I wish he had another option or two against quick, high pressure players/characters. I don't compete though, so I won't lose any sleep over it and he's pretty damn solid in the right hands as is.

I personally have no problems with SC4 sieg, I believe he has the tools to beat any character.

and if people just like to block at mid range so what? Let them, the more enemies block siegfried, the more concerned they should be about getting CF'd.

If I play against someone and they just want to keep blocking all my moves.....ok, then I move on to my SG destroyer list, then they can block alllllllll they like.

He is dangerous at mid range, has interrupting tools at close range, Both pancake throws can lead to added damage, has insane + frames on certain moves, His stance game should be feared by all, 3B, has a crap load of safe moves, and scary f****** combos that makes the opponent not want to be CH'd by this guy. not to mention his wall game should not be forgotten.

Sieg may not be top but he is def not far from it.

Personally i'm not liking him as much as i did, he has some useful stuff, but overall to me he's pretty lacking the way I play. I find generally a lot of players don't punish Sieg well wihch is a + and a -. I like his 22k:A stuff and WS A and of course jaGA and B6 is great too but he doesn't really have great moves i would say. Stance shifting is really tough/risky now vs an alert opponent it seems....so kinda takes away some fun from him.

The fact that he can punish, when he goes into the stances and do amazing combos off them is proof enough that hes in the top

Sieg is somewhere in the super large mid tier of this game. These characters are fully capable of beating any other character, but lack overbearing abilities.

I agree strongly that he is mid tier. His game lacks a lot of safety in his strongest sets of moves. If the opponent knows how to punish Sieg, it is an uphill battle and it cuts a lot of your game.

Sieg is somewhere in the super large mid tier of this game. These characters are fully capable of beating any other character, but lack overbearing abilities.
That's the point!!! A Siegfried player can win against anyone with any other character in the game, but at later time in very hard matches the lack of "overbearing abilities" can make the difference.

By example (I really like to do this...) The best player in my city its a Setsuka player, he was below me in SC2 (he used to play as Cervy and Mitsu, and I as Nightmare) in SC3 I was really far from him (he used Setsuka, Mitsurugi, Sophitia and Xianghua and I was using Siegfried and Nightmare) now in SC4 he can't beat me using random characters in the game, he only is able to beat me using Setsuka but always in close scores like 5-4, 10-9; but the point on this example is that when he is in hard situations against me he only do the same broken stuff... being far from me (Setsuka has better range and is faster) then wait for me to try a long range move and crouch (every horizontal fast long range attack of Siegf is high thats why I need the old SRSH A from SC3!) and crouch to punish or any step to hit me while blocked until my soul gauge its ready to blow...

The point in the last example its that some characters have properties in their moves that make them able to use any possible strategies, some others not. I was using a lot of characters since the last patch to learn how much tactics and gameplays I can use while playing as these characters and by example Kilik has good long range, but can only play on 100% on mid and close range; Astaroth has long range tools also but he is at 100% at long, mid and close range; Siegfried is excellent for mid range but his true powers only can be revealed at close combat (my fellow players said that Im a TAIJUTSU expert). I could continue this forever but I think I make my point already.

In my opinion, Siegfried is a massive waste of time. It's possible to block/GI/crouch/jump/step all of his attacks on reaction in a local match. You can get free hits after nearly all of his useful attacks. His stances are virtually useless because anyone with a brain can knock him right out of them before he can even attack. His critical finish game doesn't even seem very special at all when compared to some of the game's faster characters, because he is forced to turtle half the time. Despite the fact that I thought I sucked with Tira, I've recently been having much more success being a cheapass with her than being skilled with Siegfried.

Play with me sometime, I'll change your perspective =)
That's the way to talk bro!!

MAILBOXARSON99 you are totally nuts... Siegfried is the most challenging character in the game... to play as him you have to be a true hero, and you simply don't... everybody can't swing that sword without cut himself, and thats the way of a true hero... enjoying the victories and accepting the defeats.

kPc Im really happy with Siegfried in SC4 but the true as the sun, can't be covered with a finger, Siegfried need some good extra moves to make it happen.

-Stryker-

stryker I wont disagree that sieg could use some extra things to give him alittle more of a push, but man I remember hearing your name during the SC3 days so I know you played sieg then and to tell ya the truth, compared to how he matched up against everyone in that game, I`m pretty damn happy with what they did to him in this game (plus the SG reeeeaaallly helps out alot)

Imo sc3 Sieg was better, BUT the sc4 gameplay helps Sieg a lot. 1st its the CF game added to this game and 2nd the improved side step (as it should be in sc3 also) game making us even discuss the possibility of whiff punishing (on the other topic :P ) and also adding very powerful evassion status to his 2/8B+K.

So why i think Sieg was better in sc3. He had that powerful 22/88K giving +4 on block, those CH 4K to 3A/3 tech traps, those 22/88B tech trap loops, the super duper B+K auto gi catching EVERY horizontal move. Other good references are his old 66KB which helped a lot, of course his old 3K, the B2[A] giving +8 on block (i actually used that quite a lot) and that powerful WL 50-50 leading to tech traps (WL KB).

Now imagine sc3 Sieg in sc4 gameplay ;)

Honestly, I played SC3 Sieg religiously, and I -never- want to go back. There are some things in SC4 that I just don't want to sacrifice. SC3's 22_88 B's tech traps, while nice, had a range to them, and you often would whiff after the 2nd due to distance. His transitions are much more useful as they are now. 22/88K was nice, but I'll take the new [a+k+]A series over it any day. B2[A] was sweet, but was easily avoided/jumped by many.

Things I liked and agree with are CH 4K tech traps. I miss those a lot. The old B+K was nice, too. 66KB? I... kind of don't miss that. I never found much use for it, though it is arguably better. 3K having +frames was awesome. I miss that. The WL stuff was great. Additionally, I loved CH , SBH K combo, as well as [A], K natural combo. And of course SRSH [A], SBH A+B combo. Oh, and old 236B actually had a -chance- to his an unprepared opponent. Not a large one, but a chance. His old A2:AA was hard to execute but awesome.

In my opinion, however, Siegfried feels more suited to offense now. His moves grant him more forward momentum and tempo, as well as beefed damage. I would not trade new WS for old WS . WS , SCH [K]B, SBH K is insanely good. CH 3, a+b is awesome. 22+88B stance transitions and combos rule. 66KA has RO left properties. CH 3, A+B can lead into wall splats which combo with the WS combo. His wall game is beast now, compared to how it used to be. The new B4/B:4. Compared to SC 3, I don't have to input a just frame to combo AA O_o. 22_88 A+K series is better, has insane frames, transitions and mind games.

3k, his mid-poke has suffered, but his forward offense, wall game, and options have all increased for the better. Did I love SC3 Sieg? Yes. But I love SC4 Sieg far more, and I'm not sure I'd want to revert. Even -if- I miss SRSH A :P

Back