Armor destrucion in SC6

• Good

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Bad

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters
Namco isn't going to circumvent a new feature like that. Unless they put in another way to show what armor level is broken like sc4, what is being asked for won't happen. It's also there because you inflict more damage where you broke the armor at. So...Best bet is to ask for that gauge/indicator back.

I don't think the additional damage to broken armor mechanic will still be a thing. It wasn't in SC5 either.

Must admit I think that Soul Calibur IV did it right, but V was just a disappointment how the entire outfit just freaking explodes and leaves the character almost naked. So as of now I am just going to say it is just bad. I really hope they add an option to disable it. PLEASE DO THIS PROJECT SOUL, PLEASE!

Overall I have no issue with it.
SoulCalibur IV did it best - three levels, gave a small damage bonus to broken section, the socks stayed on.

Namco isn't going to circumvent a new feature like that. Unless they put in another way to show what armor level is broken like sc4, what is being asked for won't happen. It's also there because you inflict more damage where you broke the armor at. So...Best bet is to ask for that gauge/indicator back.
At the least of it then, they should just have it work to just show individual pieces drop off and just make it a fatigue animation and not have armor vaporize.

SCIV did it better than SCV, but... Does no one have the issue that low armor break broke everything from the lower body other than socks and underwear? (At least for CAS).
Also, for a good compomise for people who do not like the breaks, you could choose what breaks, but with certain options. For example, Have lower break, break say shoes, and part of one of the legs like rips off. Or for mid, have a sleeve or something break of of shirts and coats. That would probably be the best compromise IMO, People can choose what breaks, so they are happy with how their detailed creations look like post armor break, people who are a fan of te current armor break from the gameplay showcases are happy, and people who want more realistic breaks, with just wear and tear will be happy.
Basically for people who want realistic breaks, let them tear off sleeves and parts of trousers etc and damage cloth items etc. For people who want a normal break as the game already has, just let them do that. For people who want no break, either give them a setting, or some sort of "damaged" pattern for items. So just give us a Armor break editor for CAS and Custom Costumes, and Everyone CAN be happy. :D
*Happy is a generic term, and people's ideas of happy may vary. Happiness may vary.

Take it or leave it really, it doesn't offend me, but it became pointless in SC V and in general had a better implementation in IV.

Don't like to see characters goes half naked or barefoot, doesn't look too appealing.

It would have been more interesting if it was based on some clothes torn and skin dirt for example.

Designing outfits that work well with it is more trouble than it's worth. Breaking individual parts has always been ridiculous, because nobody looks right with just their shoes missing, or with all of their armour missing but still having a helmet on. SCV's attempt was alright but still unnecessary.
Any resources spent here could've been use to make more outfits (or at least more CaS parts). I don't see the value, so if it were my choice, I'd get rid of it.

They spent a lot of time and money on something that looks bad.
Not necessarily, it might be cheaper to just remove pieces from a character, than to remodel items in a damaged state, so they have more to spend on other, more important aspects, such as play testers to balance characters, a story mode or CaS. Anyways, if they want to please as many people as possible, just do what I said in my last post here and give people a choice of armour break, and the option to just turn it off

Making it optional seems like a good idea tbh. I wouldn’t be so indifferent towards it if the armor breaks didn’t leave some of the characters in almost just their underwear, especially the CaS characters when given certain clothing.

So since basically no one seems to like it, at least in its current form, how do we let namco know?

I've never really cared for it, especially with how atrociously bad it is on CaS characters, but I think it would be fine if there was a toggle option for it. Heck, just give us a way to decide what gets broken on a CaS character and I'd be ok with that, but I'd rather just see armor break removed.

So since basically no one seems to like it, at least in its current form, how do we let namco know?
I just want consistency. We could set a petitoon, or Voldo crawl to japan. Still personally like it as it is though

Last edited:
I made a special character in SC4 with the pumpkin head. Upon breaking the pumpkin it would reveal a giant orange afro. Head armor didn't break often but when it did in this case it was hilarious, I had people dying of laughter over the mic.

It should be totally optional. Besides, this is the current year 2016. As it has been for 2 years now. But seriously, it would be really good for TOs who livestream majors to have a good switch for the feature.

Back