Astaroth and Viola Announced at TGS

• Admin
Tokyo Game Show started today (half a day ago, due to timezones) and already a metric ton of information has been released about various fighting games for the upcoming year. Soul Calibur V is of course no exception with Famitsu getting the details on two new confirmed characters!

The first revealed character is a returning favorite... Astaroth; who if my math is correct, is now 23 years old. The second new character is "Viola"; who attacks with disembodied jewels, very similar to Z.W.E.I. She is working with Z.W.E.I. to accomplish something or another.

PoQ6B5l9eB2d251Bmp61OcT6WD235Pte.jpg LK49njXF7Lquc8NAZc7972fvJ684O89B.jpg stLb8q5LIB95XRU4t37ly7y39lPWxlRG.jpg
uWxMNb11RUWh4D87Fe4bB138YvC9y7Cm.jpg VV8gL4gtuTLKRFNdsMiIAj17Uu22EwYA.jpg WgsTkVVH2U61824F4y5LJ89575lo7O6L.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
edit:i like the claw as a weapon,to avoid possible annoying magic spamming or such things her claw will probably be the main weapon and the orb for special moves
id love her to have some magic moves but maybe if they can be performed normally they will be spammed and/or become annoying

You're going about this the wrong way. "Spam" isn't even a concern for us in terms of "this is a magic move/physical attack." The move properties themselves will determine what people use more or less. So if she was all orb/magic attacks, but those moves were ass, nobody would use them as much.

In general people just "spam" things that work against people who don't know how to beat a particular move. A few rare exceptions aside (lol C3A) there's plenty of ways to beat a particular move that's being "spammed." A lot of people just never make it to that point, because they're learning the wrong things about the game. Even a website like this has a lot of bad or potentially misleading info sometimes.

Rethink your mentality on what's "cheap" and what's acceptable. You're missing out on a lot of fun gameplay when you limit yourself like that.

well i know people would only spam them if they were good
i think i got myself across a bit wrong again
but thanks for the advice
i cant expliain myself too good but what i was imagining is she could have some kind of fast magic projectile or something that could easily become annoying if people would overuse it
there are other things i could think of,im not worrying about it at all
like i tend to do,it will be very interesting to see how viola will fight

I was hoping with this 17 year jump, that I wouldn't see many 15 year old kids joining the battle. But she might be older than I think.
But at least we got Astaroth

I'm almost positive that Viola is Amy. She looks too much like Amy & with the technology & graphics that Project Soul has been enchancing this cannot be a mistake. It has to be Amy <3

MMMM. Astaroth and Viola. I wonder what their CE's look like. Still waiting for Cervantes...............................

I dont get why it could be Amy. But still looks cool. I hope they show more at least another character at TGS. I like the way Viola looks, I'll give her a go when it comes out.

Mashy gameplay video of Ivy and Natsu on Kotaku
Only real thing of note is that it confirms that Summon Suffering can be done as a Brave Edge. Not that we didn't know it already, but you can see the meter being used up and the note on the screen now.

I dont get why it could be Amy. But still looks cool. I hope they show more at least another character at TGS. I like the way Viola looks, I'll give her a go when it comes out.

The costume and drill hair are biggest reasons people are seeing her as Amy.

I'm totally digging Viola's design. I'm very, very curious about her fighting style. :3

Still, I'm hoping she's not actually Amy. I want Amy to return as her own character, but fix her moveset a bit. I know a lot of people found her annoying in SCIV.

Live streams

6 Viewers
RareSaiyan_
RareSaiyan_
Latenight Soul Cal Vybez | Laptop Charger Broke.. | SCVIW/RareSaiyan
4 Viewers
marigram
marigram
spending more time on the godforsaken playstation network

Forum statistics

Threads
Members