Astaroth and Viola Announced at TGS

• Admin
Tokyo Game Show started today (half a day ago, due to timezones) and already a metric ton of information has been released about various fighting games for the upcoming year. Soul Calibur V is of course no exception with Famitsu getting the details on two new confirmed characters!

The first revealed character is a returning favorite... Astaroth; who if my math is correct, is now 23 years old. The second new character is "Viola"; who attacks with disembodied jewels, very similar to Z.W.E.I. She is working with Z.W.E.I. to accomplish something or another.

PoQ6B5l9eB2d251Bmp61OcT6WD235Pte.jpg LK49njXF7Lquc8NAZc7972fvJ684O89B.jpg stLb8q5LIB95XRU4t37ly7y39lPWxlRG.jpg
uWxMNb11RUWh4D87Fe4bB138YvC9y7Cm.jpg VV8gL4gtuTLKRFNdsMiIAj17Uu22EwYA.jpg WgsTkVVH2U61824F4y5LJ89575lo7O6L.jpg

Jason Axelrod

Jason Axelrod

Owner and Operator of 8WAYRUN
I can't wait to see Am..........Viola in action with her claw. Not really feeling the whole magic orb thing for now

Mashy gameplay video of Ivy and Natsu on Kotaku
Only real thing of note is that it confirms that Summon Suffering can be done as a Brave Edge. Not that we didn't know it already, but you can see the meter being used up and the note on the screen now.

Thanks for the link, BE (?) SS looks fairly weak in comparison with the raw command throw. Would've liked to see that Ivy go for some CEs just so we can see what kind of range/damage that thing has/is currently doing.

Zwei is some werewolf wannabe, and Raph is a vamp. Looking at this new girl she looks VERY identical to Amy. The dress, the hair style, the stockings, her face, her relatively small chest....

I'd say it's Amy, and if it's not, it's Amy replacement, at least design wise. And I am wondering if Kilik's ill-fatedness has something to do with Zwei and Viola/Amy.

You took the words out of the mouth. XD
Yes, I think alot of us Amy fans are thinking the same thing. It's only natural to worry about Amy & her changes in SC5. I don't think it's fair to remove her completely. They can tweak her just like they tweaked Emilie (Lili) in Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Amy only had one first impression, & alot of people didn't like her because of her tech-traps & frames. They should definately tweak her. : /

Mashy gameplay video of Ivy and Natsu on Kotaku

hmm.. weird.. i don't see any significant change in speed in comparison to SC4.. the characters move as slow as usual...
other than that, personally i don't like the electricity-like-hit-flash.. looks weird in my opinion..
and natsu has the same winning pose as taki's CF winning pose.. and she has high pitched voice.. >_<

about viola, i seconded the opinion that says her design looks like CaS character...
and, i'm kinda disappointed how they turn my favourite weapon-based-fighting-game into a anime-weapon-based-fighting-game.. flying orbs? come on.... reminds me of samurai showdown's amakusa shiro.. >_<

astaroth is officially SC's frankenstein now O_O with plugs on his back~

so as of now, we got:

viola, the little violet riding hood
zwei, the werewolf
astaroth, the frankenstein
and prolly: raphael, the vampire
and most likely: cervantes, the zombie

this game is turning into darkstalkers...

Again with the blonde/grey hair! WTF?!

I know who the guest character is! It's Viola's mentor and trainer, Amakusa Shiro Tokisada! JK

I'm not hating or trolling, just having fun.

Is it me or the game looks way slower in this vids than it did in everything we had seen before?

And Hilde's CE looks amazing!!!

astaroth is officially SC's frankenstein now O_O with plugs on his back~

so as of now, we got:

viola, the little violet riding hood
zwei, the werewolf
astaroth, the frankenstein
and prolly: raphael, the vampire
and most likely: cervantes, the zombie

this game is turning into darkstalkers...
Guess where the guest char is from? BUAhahahaha

jk

So far, she is the third girl with white hair! Its getting a bit too common. Zwei has the highlights but i guess it can count.
yeah! I told you all on facebook that they're obsessed! I'm often correct. I wish i wasn't so much at times like this. Kawano, Daishi, What Are You Doing?!

Cool stuff. Hopefully, there's an official reveal with more info, game play, and scene shots comin' soon.

Asta's look was kinda surprisin' to me. It seems like they took a more simplified approach to his model compared to his more exaggerated, molten, inverted-toed, titan look in SCIV. His new look is so much better to me.

The stages look great

The "new" character intrigues me. I to think she looks suspiciously close to Amy. Right now, it looks like she has the same face, hair style, and dress as Amy. In fact the only differences I see between them are the hood, the hair color [what's up with this fuckin' white hair trend], and their weapons.

"Viola's" fightin' style interests me the most about her. I wonder what type of character she'll be? What type of range will she have? Will she be a charge-character also, like ZWEI and Hilde? She's a mystery at the moment.

Oh and to the people that says she looks like a CaS model, I've said this before, but this is probably just the character's base model. It's subject to change as the game's development progresses. [again, here's my example of Pyrrah's evolution].

All in all, cools stuff, and I can't wait to see more!

Live streams

4 Viewers
RareSaiyan_
RareSaiyan_
Latenight Soul Cal Vybez | Laptop Charger Broke.. | SCVIW/RareSaiyan
2 Viewers
marigram
marigram
spending more time on the godforsaken playstation network
2 Viewers
Sodaplay111
Sodaplay111
Jordan Peterson give me strength to clean my room!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philmckrackon
Back