Balance Patch Community Vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask why you (and others how think alike) think she doesn't need more damage?
Please tell me what justifies this crap damage output of Leixia, I fail to see a sense in that. I'm being serious, I have no idea why it has to be THAT low. Maybe I'm too biased to see it, that's why I ask. IMO, it's the main reason why she sucks in this game.
I am being serious : which character, if not leixia do you think should have the lowest damage in the game ?

I think that project soul is trying to fit leixia in that role, while giving her strengths elsewhere than raw "power"? Maybe they dropped the ball in those supplementary areas

I am being serious : which character, if not leixia do you think should have the lowest damage in the game ?

I think that project soul is trying to fit leixia in that role, while giving her strengths elsewhere than raw "power"? Maybe they dropped the ball in those supplementary areas
Yeah I agree with this. WR B (BE) amazing evasion for example used to cover this, but now the nerf was so bad that now you can even get hit by verticals that track to the right (e.g. Xiba). This is why I was calling for more subtle buffs. But they are more complicated and very difficult to reach total agreement on.

May I ask why you (and others how think alike) think she doesn't need more damage?
Please tell me what justifies this crap damage output of Leixia, I fail to see a sense in that. I'm being serious, I have no idea why it has to be THAT low. Maybe I'm too biased to see it, that's why I ask. IMO, it's the main reason why she sucks in this game.

Maybe its because of character match up, but for me I am primarily looking out for whiffs and against Leixia this is very troubling because if I guard, I am susceptible to her guardbreak game and if I try to move, I eat way too much damage off her horizontals. Maybe I am not godlike and I cannot react to her Guard Crush moves (FC 3BB 66BBB) unless I am blocking and waiting for her to do it. In which case she can spam 33B series on me. I cannot do anything about it, even on block all I get is K (Xiba). Her main damage comes from her horizontals (AA BE, 44A series) not her verticals like most other characters, which imo in this game, which requires you to be a genius before you attempt to move... that is stronger than her previous iterations.. so if you buff everything outside of that, her main damage is going to go up like crazy like a post-patch Viola. It is true that her damage off her launcher is pathetic and with meter it doesn't improve.. But with meter she gets so much more damage from other sources..

Is Leixia OP? No... But do we need more Viola/Amy/SC3 X tier characters? No. So I vote NO because I fear this will happen to her if she receives a damage buff.

To add on to WuHT's point about PS wanting Leixia to fit the lowest damage character role.
I remember (Was it NCR?) Utoh Yoshi was raging at Mick to use AA BE and the more Mick didn't use it.. the more Utoh-san kept bringing it up on stream (looking a little agitated i might add)... What do you know? Post-patch AA BE is the highest RAW form of damage Leixia has.. This should be intentional character design. Not the result of random nerfing.

Nice to know how many "Leixia players" we have. People complain about people voting about characters they have no knowledge of, look how many people voted against buffs for Leixia. Very few Leixia players ever to be found, but out in full force whe it's time to buff her. Whatever. Belial did a bunch of hard work, and most of you guys aren't objective enough to gain true balance. Belial should have kept the vote exclusive, even if decent players like myself and Andur, Alphakeg were excluded. Most of you really don't even deserve to vote.

"No buffs for Leixia she's too saaaaaafe!" Shit doesn't matter, she might have a lot of options, but doesn't matter when other characters just don't use unsafe moves/out-damage her. You people make me sick. 236236B:4 is as safe as her 3B and stronger than her best combo from 3B (3B, CE). And way faster. Even worse, I haven't seen buffs for ZWEI or Raphael. Even though they're not abysmal, most don't know that, but even then they're way too selfish. Oh, and then I see a Natsu player complaining about a list of nerfs. Give me a fucking break. The pure casuals in this community are so pathetic I'm waiting for someone to step up and defend Mitsurugi's 4B by saying "just Just Guard it." Some of the more experienced players are just as bad, calling for nerfs on every character but their own.

Belial was right. We don't deserve a patch.

@AKNova star: hmm good post, but I fear if we don't get another patch then I dunno how sc5 will further turn out down the road.....sorry but im not sticking around and waiting to see what happens next.

SYSTEM CHANGES:

1-A
2-NO
3-BC
4-A

CHARACTER CHANGES

5-NO
6-BC
7-A
8-AB
9-NO
10-A
11-A
12-B
13-A
14-NO
15-A
16-A
17-B
18-AB
19-AB
20-NO
21-A
22-
23-
24-
25-A
26-A
27-A
28-
29-B
30-A
31-A
32-
33-A
34-A
35-NO
36-
37-AB
38-AB
39-AD
40-A
41-NO
42-NO
43-A
44-ABC
45-NO
46-NO
47-NO
48-A
49-C
50-NO
51-
52-
53-
54-AB
55-A
56-
57-
58-A
59B
60A
61A
62A
64A
65A
66AD

I agree with AKNova, people should learn how to use their characters and go to practice mode and learn how to deal with other characters moves. Patch 1.04 should only be focused on fixing broken stuff like glitches, infinites, whiffing issues and hitbox issues instead of people crying for nerfs for other characters & buffs for their own characters. Asking for those things isn't going to make them better players.

Most of this just ruins the character or purpose of some moves.
For example: If Ivys and Astys CE were nerfed in damage, speed, or were made ATs, what would be the use? Also making Damp even worse by making his most damaging combo filler that doesn't rely on luck lucky? Whats the point of playing him if his you cant get any reliable damage. Most of these changes are just to make scrubs happy. Not help the game.

I still say that Ezio got problems. He needs a speed buff more than anything, like 11A or safety (22AA unsafe as hell). His damage is fine (sans 3B amongst things on NH for 20 damage). Better and reliable NH combo damage is Ezio's greatest problem, like not having a higher launching launcher.

Patch 1.04 should only be focused on fixing broken stuff like glitches, infinites, whiffing issues and hitbox issues instead of people crying for nerfs for other characters & buffs for their own characters. Asking for those things isn't going to make them better players.

Ideally fixing glitches and whiff/hitbox issues would be much appreciated, my understanding is that it would take a lot more work than just tweaking frames/damage as move properties.

Then again I see your point that tweaking frames/damage on moves (currently assessed as unjustifiably strong) is more of a bandaid fix.

System Changes:
1. a) No
b) No
2. a) No
b) No
3. a) Yes
b) Yes
c) Yes

4. Moves properties
a) No
b) No
5.a)
6. b) Yes
7. a) Yes
8. a) Yes
9. a) Yes
b) Yes
14.a) Yes
15.a) Yes
18.a) Yes
24.a) YES PLEASE
25. a) Yes
26. a) Yes
38. a) YES
41. a) Yes
42. c) Yes
43. a) Yes
44. 45.
47. a) Yes
49.a) YES
b) YES
50.a) YES
b) YES
52. b) Yes
53.a) Yes
54. a) Yes
b) Yes
55. a) Yes
59. a) YES
60. a) Yes
62. a) Yes
64.b) Yes
65. a) Yes
66. Generala) . Yes
b) Yes
c) Yes
d) Yes

I agree that the obvious things like hit box issues etc... need to be fixed, but there really are some chars that need some buffs and nerfs. Nothing extreme but some stuff is fairly broken. For example Zwei, I don't even play zwei but he needs to be fixed bad. Sieg has whiff issues, ezio needs a speed buff if only something small.

SYSTEM CHANGES:

1 a
2 a
3 abc
4 a

CHARACTER CHANGES

5 a
6 ac
7 ab
8 a
9 NO
10 a
11 a
12 a
13 b
14 a
15 a
16 NO
17 b
18 cd
19 a
20 b
21 a
22 a
23 b
24 a
25 a
26 a
27 a
28 a
29 b
30 NO
31 a
32 NO
33 a
34 NO
35 a
36 NO
37 NO
38 a
39 abcd
40 b
41 a
42 b
43 b
44 c
45 a
46 a
47 a
48 b
49 b
50 NO
51 a
52 NO
53 a
54 ab
55 a
56 a
57 a
58 a
59 c
60 NO
61 a
62 a
63 a
64 NO
65 a
66 d

Is Leixia OP? No... But do we need more Viola/Amy/SC3 X tier characters? No. So I vote NO because I fear this will happen to her if she receives a damage buff.

This is the stupidest thing I've not only ever seen on here, but I bet many, many more than you are guilty of it, and I thank you for admitting it. You vote against buffs even though she's hilariously underpowered, you're scared of another Viola because of a couple extra points of damage. Even though she DOESN'T have large combos or anything of that nature that makes balancing actually difficult, and believe that it's better to use her as a lamb than try to achieve balance anyway. But what you fail to understand is how we must feel being stuck with this character. It's completely unfair for your character to be high and dry because you're scared of what Leixia could possibly do. And even if one of those characters not named Viola existed, there's still a good chance they would only be moderately strong versus this cast of overpowered characters in the new system. Characters in general are MUCH more powerful in this game, and therefore, much more difficult to make ridiculous. Bamco just did a HORRIBLE job with patch 1.

But, as far as I'm concerned, you guys are ridiculous. Realize that all the egos, selfish intentions, and unnecessary fear are exactly what's stopping us from having a balanced game in the first place, and ask yourselves if that really matters to you. If it doesn't, just say so, no one's judging, no one probably can, because all of us are probably guilty in it in some degree. But realize that, if you say yes, you have no right to complain about what SC5 is. Because you're the reason it continues to remain what it has become.

1.) Overnerfing Tira
2.) Giving Hilde C2B Infinite Combos
3.) Natsu's Poison Dart Not Stunning Opponents On The Ground Because The Scrubs & Complainers Were Getting Destroyed
1. She wasn't "overnerfed". She's still a good character.
2. Those combos aren't "infinites". There are limits to how many times they can be done.
3. Poison dart stun made Natsu's damage and oki off every knockdown completely retarded.

Question, this is the vote thread correct? So why the fuck has this turned into a place where you prosecute people for voicing their votes?

Kalas: Thanks for bringing this back to the SAs (Where it belongs) and asking for an honest opinion, but I merely came in to vote.. not to discuss.. If I wanted to "discuss" things I would have done so earlier.. no, but I want to VOTE. Why? Because when the patch comes and I don't like something.. I don't want to look back and realise that I actually had a chance to say "No" but I didn't take it. That is all.

Why do I not want to discuss balance? Because balance is subjective, fun is subjective.. I find SC5 the way it is both balanced and fun. Balanced and Fun enough to throw down a year's worth of hard savings from my humbly earned job in my country where the country is rich but people like me earn scrap together enough savings every month to pay a utility bill in the states.. But yes I love the game that much to put down that money to go to Evo this year. The same way I did the exact same shit to go to WGC 2010 (Where I didn't get to meet you Kalas :( Although my friends did.)

And instead I get an 18 year old punk kid who doesn't know me and probably lives halfway across the fucking world from me telling me that I say the "Stupidest thing" he's ever heard and I should ask myself if this game "truly matters to me". That is the reason why I do not discuss shit on these forums.

tl;dr Kalas, if you wanna talk about this more just drop me a PM.. sorry I know it's tedious to PM multiple people.. but I'm tired of the sort of replies I get whenever I actually make a post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back