BD Zas

Sorry, the crouch from 66A+B4 is only on hit.
I looked through his entire movelist, and no AGI. Maybe Manta was thinking of the returning move that no longer has the AGI.

That, and the frame-trap on block. Unfortunately it seems like it's deathfist unsafe now, which negates that. I guess they only kept the animation. Oh well, if it's only unsafe at point blank it could still be really strong.

Pimphand doing damage and 3AB ringing out on NH is pretty sexy, I guess. Pimphand usefulness also depends a bit on its frames. I wonder if it's + on hit at all now... Might have to wait a bit to test that.

How's his throw damage, by the way? Brought up to average?

Final question: how is 4B+K? Still work the same? Can the second hit be stepped on block, now that step is faster?

4B+K is still sexy. I can't even JI the second hit. It's either block or get hit by it.

A+G throw is 47, B+G is 45, left is 62, right is 62, back is 70.

Right now, I can't find anything that Zas can punish his own A+B+K with. It's safe from WR A, WR B, 66A+B. FC 2A and FC 2B4 don't have enough range. So not everyone can punish it. It is EXTREMELY vertical however. A slight step either way avoids it.
Edit: Cass can punish it with deathfist and 6B. I can't find anyone else atm who can punish it. It's bullrush proof and Kilik proof.

Could you check to see if the second (guard break) hit of 6B+K is more consistent? In SC4 the first hit usually pushed them out far enough on block that the 2nd would whiff. If the GB is consistent at any kind of range then that might be a good buff as well.

Any 6A+B series buffs?

Thanks for the info so far, Zyeoo.

66B+K seems to launch higher. I can run fowards to do a BT B+K after it. Or if I don't run far enough, I will only land the second hit of BT B+K and it will RO in front.
EDIT: This IS possible in SC4, but requires far more strict timing.

4A is high, no change. Tracks both step and 8WR left and right, will pull in because of step-counter.
44A is high, no change. 44A no longer pulls in on NH, on CH. Also, on NH it leaves them BT, so be careful around people with good BT games. Still tracks both sides. It does a slight pushback, but is less safe. I can punish it with Zas' K, but not anything else.

Had a chance to mess around with the game today, and got to test a lot of things. I must say, I like what I see.

General Changes:
  • 66A KND + RO on NH
  • 3B4 launches higher and makes 4A+B consistent. 66A+B4, BT B+K combo is possible on normal hit 3B4 now for good damage + ringout.
  • 4A+B rings-out behind consistently.
  • 6B+K has been completely fixed. 1st hit no longer pushes out on hit or block so the second part will never whiff. Damage has been reduced.
  • 4B:B definitely sends them farther back.
  • 33B and 44A now have huge pushout on block
  • 4A whiff recovery improved greatly
  • 4A tracks very well to the left.
  • 6BA now connects post-GI (unless they re-GI).

Damage
  • Big damage buffs across the board. Looks like he's on par with other characters now.
  • Damage buff to KK
  • 2[B+K] now does more damage than 2B+K
  • 3AB leaves opponent in BT mixup range on NH and CH
  • CH 6A+B,B damage buff (60)
  • His 2K now does the same damage as everyone else.

Frames
+
  • AA is now + on hit/CH
  • AA seems faster and punishes more things (i13 maybe?)
  • 1K is now +1 on hit, but damage is now same as 2K (12)
  • CH B+K auto-taunt is gone and it appears to be +1 NH and CH
  • 4B safer. (-12?)
  • WSB safer. (-12?)
  • BB is safe. BB4 no longer deathfist punishable.
-
  • 2B+K still -13 on hit
  • b:K still -14
  • 3AB is now BB punishable :(
  • 66A and 22A still -16

Other Stuff
  • WSK on hit no longer guarantees backthrow if they guard afterwords. :(
  • 6A+B series still garbage, even with increased damage.
  • CH 3B, 66BB no longer combos
  • 6B/6BA no longer rapes the soul gauge
  • Hold BT [B+K] after 4B:B no longer adds more damage :(

All in all, huge buffs across the board I'd say. He seems pretty damn solid now, I hope this comes to consoles.

I'm copying Freaky-Styley's post to the BD subforum for easy access, it seems to be the most complete (and organized) list.

I've been playing around a little with BD Zas.

- The final hit of 6A+BB now trades with Zas's K or A on block, which means that most opponents will at least need to block or step the string instead of interrupting/punishing after the 6A+B for guaranteed damage every time. If you do not perform the 2nd B, you will not be punished if the opponent steps or guards.

- A+B+K seems very good. It pushes out 4B+K distance, hits grounded, deals 50 damage, and deal CRAZY guard damage (breaks in 8). You can combo into it for CF(!) during wall combos (including from i12 mid body attack Pimphand wall combos, yum yum!). You can also force opponents to block A+B+K using some launchers and stuns, including: 3B, 66B+K, FC 3B, and even BT B+K airhit (instant timing). This can give you guaranteed CF setups, because this move automatically CFs on hit if the opponent's gauge is blinking. Good shit.

- 6BA still guarantees pimphand in corners on hit.

- 4A actually tracks step to Zas's left now. 3AB tracks to his right, but 3AB is now very punishable. 44A tracks all, seems faster, has longer range, and is safe at long to tip range. 6A tracks right also, still gives + if not ducked, still gives 50 on CH.

- 6B+K is crazy good now. The GB always connects, and the JF was made extremely easy.

- Zas still has his CH 4B and 66K tech traps.

- Zas no longer gets anything consistent off of regular 3B, even if it hits on CH. 6A+B and 2B sometimes work, and you can force the opponent to block A+B+K.

-BB4 seems to give greater advantage than it did before. Not even pimphand can interrupt BB4 -> BB4. Other advantage setups seem unchanged.

- 66BB breaks in 10 now. Still safe, still gives good advantage and force crouch on hit, still gives stun on CH.

- Zas's hand now glows with lightning as he curses his opponent to suffer until the end of time.

8 Blocks:
A+B+K
66A+B

9.6 Blocks:
A+B

10 Blocks:
6A+BB
4B+K
66BB (!!!)

12 Blocks:
33B
6BA

13 Blocks:
3AB

14 Blocks:
44B
FC 3B

16 Blocks:
66B+K

17 Blocks:
3B

20 Blocks:
6B
WS B

23 Blocks:
3B4

34 Blocks:
B+K

Negligible gauge damage:
A+K
BB4
7_8_9B
22_88A
4A
44A

Wait wait, pimphand is betting at breaking gauge than a guard break (A+K) or manly pushback kick (44K)? That's just so silly I can fully believe it.

New :

Zasalamel 4A, 11-44-77A is one hit now (safer), the second hit occur if it's CH

B+K crush info is listed because I was curious. If I hadn't been, it'd have been listed as negligable along with the others.

It is true, however, that A+K and the manly 44K now do very little gauge damage.

Also, 11_44_77A is very punishable unless you land it at tip range.

-2B4 can be rolled to the left after 4A+B :(
-66BB damage buff and +4 on hit. (up from plus +3)
-1st hit of 6kB now causes fallback stun on CH....for whatever reason.
-Unblockable tracking has returned. >:)

Back