BlazBlue - GuiltyGear's next gen cousin

Let me reiterate: I've played this game for about two days, mostly in single player, and I barely know shit about it. I haven't formed any opinion on balance yet. All that I know on this subject comes from internet hearsay, and I want some people whose opinions I actually somewhat trust to weigh in on what they think.

Right, that's why you barge into this thread, bitch about how bad the balance is and how you can't really compete because you don't want to play top 3, and then ask what the chances of a patch being released in the future?

Right, that's why you barge into this thread, bitch about how bad the balance is and how you can't really compete because you don't want to play top 3, and then ask what the chances of a patch being released in the future?

Context please! Prior to my first post the focus of the discussion was on the brokeness of V-13, comparing her to Toki from the Fist of the North Star game and speculating that she would/should be banned. Reading this, I remarked that it was unfortunate that the game was unbalanced, said that I liked the game but am not interested in playing it competitively if the balance is truly poor and asked about A) exactly how unbalanced it was and B) whether it was likely that the balance would change. You read way to much into my post.

Context?
It's a pity that the balance is so poor. I really like this game but I've got no desire to play V-13/Rachel/Arakune and no desire to play a fighting game non-competitively. Unfortunately, right now those two conditions seem to conflict.

For people who are more familiar with ArcSys games than I, what's the probability that we'll see balance patches in future, or of some technique being discovered for other characters to counter this stuff?

First of all, you note that the balance is really bad. Second of all, you note that the not wanting to play top 3 seems to conflict with wanting to play the game competitively. You did not ask who unbalanced the game was, but rather, asked what the chances are for someone else to balance the game for you. If you wanted to somehow look neutral as far as your opinion of balance goes, there are a lot of modifiers that you could have left out.

Whatever the case, I don't really think anything I said really warranted profanity, considering how I was pretty much saying play whoever you want the whole time, while criticizing the commonly held American view in fighting games that you have to play top tier to compete.

@Shinobi, lol after sitting in practice mode for a while, I can't believe that I was not noticing that 5B whiffs on crouching opponents. I think I was just too focused on trying to make the switch from blocking low to high. 3C is indeed punishable, but at long range I need at least 2 wind to punish, as well as instant reaction if i want to go for the more damaging 6B starter (probably bufferable though so it wouldn't be too bad online maybe). That being said, my reaction time is pretty bad, so I usually play based off of instincts rather than reaction, but a lot of it is just not being used to the animations I guess.

Actually, 2D is really punishable, since if you instant block it, you get a free combo. Though you still need good reactions if you're going to fish for that instant block.

Context?

First of all, you note that the balance is really bad. Second of all, you note that the not wanting to play top 3 seems to conflict with wanting to play the game competitively. You did not ask who unbalanced the game was, but rather, asked what the chances are for someone else to balance the game for you. If you wanted to somehow look neutral as far as your opinion of balance goes, there are a lot of modifiers that you could have left out.

Whatever the case, I don't really think anything I said really warranted profanity, considering how I was pretty much saying play whoever you want the whole time, while criticizing the commonly held American view in fighting games that you have to play top tier to compete.

Just a reminder that context are the posts before the message. Re-posting the original question by itself is ignoring the conversation up to that point. For a strawman-less breakdown you could read my earlier post.

Your statement about "asking who unbalanced the game was" is typoed and difficult to understand. I suspect that you're trying to insinuate that I'm more interested in having Arcsys nerf people who are beating me rather than put effort into learning the game, because this is something you've been insinuating in your previous posts as well. This, incidentaly, is why my post "warranted profanity". This is an insult, sir, and it must be returned in kind. You think I don't have the balls to learn a low tier character? I'll MM you at Evo with Rock, Zas, or both.

The reason why I quoted your post was because the language pretty much contradicted your explanation in your prior post. You can't really say I was knocking down a strawman argument if your supposed actual argument wasn't remotely communicated in your original post.

The context of the discussion before it doesn't really change anything either, in fact it makes it seem like its just whining even more since you're just jumping onto the bitch about nu bandwagon. Context means a lot, but words often speak for themselves.

Whatever the case, if you feel insulted, sorry I guess. If you really were confident in your own competitive spirit, you probably should have realized that your post was very easily misinterpreted, and then just agreed that what I said was true but it didn't apply to you or something. I haven't played SC4 in several months so I don't know what you would prove about your competitive attitude if you beat me anyways at a tournament I'm not going to.

I feel like we're speaking different languages. If your friend is telling you all about how bad he thinks Transformers 2 is, for example, and you say "Damn, I was hoping that this one wouldn't suck. I would have definitely have seen it if it had strippers, tigers, and good fight scenes... But, if it doesn't have good fight scenes then I don't think it's worth my time to watch it. What did Rob think?" You would not be judging the movie (though you are tacitly affirming your friend's opinion) and you would not be whining about bad the fight scenes were.

I accept that that a misinterpretation is possible... which is why I've clarified it, what, 3 times now? Now I suppose I have to clarify the MM comment too... Zas and Rock are two of the bottom tier characters in SC4. I main them. I will play Zas at Evo. I'd play MM matches with them. And you're accusing me of not having the balls/"competitive spirit" to play low tiers. This is direct evidence that you are wrong.

Edit: Getting hype is a good idea. No one is safe from the power of science!

@Shinobi, lol after sitting in practice mode for a while, I can't believe that I was not noticing that 5B whiffs on crouching opponents.

<3 BB and it's character specific BS, lol. Yeah, 5B whiffs on some crouching opponents in different instances. A good example would be Rachel, if I don't combo into the 5B, it will whiff if you're crouching. Meanwhile, against Litchi, I cannot combo into 5B at all if that whore is crouching, all I can do is 2/5A > 2B > 2C > 3C. I can't even hit confirm with 2 5As against her if she's crouching. The second 5A whiffs. :(

So nice matches Chuck and way to mop the floor with my fucking as, Kowtow. At this stage I suck pretty royally, couldn't even get all my execution down the way I wanted... I have a long, long ways to go. I gotta say though, this game preforms beautifully online. Compared to fighters like guilty gear and sc4 that were nightmares at least. My hat's off to you on this one, arc system works. Right now Bang seems to be edging out the competition for me.

*reads more of the thread*
As for the idea of guilty gear vs blaz blue it could work. Just hammer the guilty gear character's into blaz blue's system. Give them some flashy new moves and voila. So Tagger's better than Potemkin? Now Potemkin's gun-hand lobs remote detonated explosives. That sort of thing. I'm sure the guys over at arc have the creativity to make it work. Of course they could also cook up new characters too. I just don't think it's impossible to do by any means.

So Tagger's better than Potemkin? Now Potemkin's gun-hand lobs remote detonated explosives. That sort of thing. I'm sure the guys over at arc have the creativity to make it work. Of course they could also cook up new characters too. I just don't think it's impossible to do by any means.

he is NOT EVEN CLOSE to as good as potemkin. potemkin is top 5 or so in AC

Potemkin has:
- double jump
- fullscreen unblockable (slidehead)
- invulnerable command grab with amazing range and damage
- amazing okizeme traps into unblockables into combos
- an invulnerable super move with massive + frames on guard
- a long range low (2D)
- GREAT anti air with 6P and heat knuckle

Tager has none of these, and the good things he does have that Potemkin doesn't pale in comparison.

John: Just keep at it man. Day 2, things are going to look grim playing against people who have been drilling this for a week and a half.

he is NOT EVEN CLOSE to as good as potemkin. potemkin is top 5 or so in AC

Potemkin has:
- double jump
- fullscreen unblockable (slidehead)
- invulnerable command grab with amazing range and damage
- amazing okizeme traps into unblockables into combos
- an invulnerable super move with massive + frames on guard
- a long range low (2D)
- GREAT anti air with 6P and heat knuckle

Tager has none of these, and the good things he does have that Potemkin doesn't pale in comparison.

Forgive me sensei. I was simply making reference to someone else's post. I don't claim to know the first thing about one giant or another.

Chuck, I'm no quitter. Well I've quit lots of things but you get my meaning. lol

What did the people at dustloop do?

Question about the combos in this video:

is it necessary to make the staff go back or forward a step before returning? what would happen if u just returned it? While I'm at it, does Litchi have any good Rapid Cancles?

I still mostly go to dustloop for this. Since the game is mostly like GG it is probably the best place for good info

Back