Can I kill you now...please?? Tira! :D SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Tira's style relies on such combos and juggles, but we must also depend on the single moves that would be capable of punishing other characters, or moves that may trigger tech traps or wake ups. And if these factors are not properly reviewed, then noone will achieve Tira's great potential. Im just concerned that when i get the game, ill only be playing the SCV Tira as the SCIV Tira . This idea came from the fact that the players in the Namco Bandai ustream played very differently to the french players. After watching some SCIII videos of Tira, and i like come to like some of the spin stances. Im not sure if namco will put them in though im just more concerned that they have around 40% of the game to complete.

Ive also applied for the SA mod position :/.

I understand that Tira's style relies on such combos and juggles, but we must also depend on the single moves that would be capable of punishing other characters, or moves that may trigger tech traps or wake ups. And if these factors are not properly reviewed, then noone will achieve Tira's great potential. Im just concerned that when i get the game, ill only be playing the SCV Tira as the SCIV Tira . This idea came from the fact that the players in the Namco Bandai ustream played very differently to the french players. After watching some SCIII videos of Tira, and i like come to like some of the spin stances. Im not sure if namco will put them in though im just more concerned that they have around 40% of the game to complete.

Ive also applied for the SA mod position :/.

How exactly do you apply for it?

I think the game is 60% finished actually. It was in keysona's interview if i recall

yeah so far we have just talked about the stances and her the mechanics. her hair also............i will try to come up with more prompts to heighten the discussion.........later though

How exactly do you apply for it?

I think the game is 60% finished actually. It was in keysona's interview if i recall

yeah so far we have just talked about the stances and her the mechanics. her hair also............i will try to come up with more prompts to heighten the discussion.........later though
Send IdleMind a message about it.. or something.
And they said it's 100% complete.

I can understand you not wanting the extra work with that position, and nothin' against you if you choose not to take it. You're still a great member of this community imo.
Just for the record you don't need to be on every day to do stuff. Idle/other higher ups understand that this is just a website, and people have real life things going on. I don't have much time for here outside of real life stuff that comes first, and I'll have even less when I'll be back in a kick boxing school.

I can understand you not wanting the extra work with that position, and nothin' against you if you choose not to take it. You're still a great member of this community imo.
Just for the record you don't need to be on every day to do stuff. Idle/other higher ups understand that this is just a website, and people have real life things going on. I don't have much time for here outside of real life stuff that comes first, and I'll have even less when I'll be back in a kick boxing school.

oh okay. well thats nice to know. Thankyou for the compliment. I would love to be a mod but as you said its just work, but i also get to be um i guess more "noticed" which is good imo. since you told me this, i am actually going to apply for it. i am just a little nervous over the fact that the newbies will keep asking me questions and thinking i know every aspect of tira.....and all the other characters.......but i am sure i am over exaggerating.

I actually have nothing else to do but go around the site after school and stuff. ( i moved to a total different area) I am actually on nearly 24/7 during summer, so if i do get the position i will be very active during that period of time....that is if i am able to access a computer at that time....

But anyway,

I have made some questions but most will be addressed upon the release of SCV.

So Here is another prompt. PLEASE DISCUSS THIS. the more feedback means the perspectives and info we can gather. Only kenrod replied to the prompt.....Your perspective is your perspective. I, and hopefully other people, will try to give as much feedback as possible.

Prompt:

How good would you say tira's punishment game was in both JS and GS for SC4? Are there differences? How bad or good are these differences? Please state the pros and cons of each side in seperate paragraphs then compare and contrast in the last paragraph (you dont really have to, but it will be more easier to read and more organized if you do.)
How do you think it could be improved/nerfed for SC5? Give ideas please.

Tira's punishment game? HUGELY underrated in my opinion. In GS, she has a SAFE, i12 punisher with decent range that leads to good damage. In JS, she has the same punisher that can lead to even better damage, but unsafe. Though, if you're using it as a punisher, safety isn't an issue. That punisher being 44K.

Not to mention her various "small" longer-range punishers.

Honestly, I hate GS 6AAAA. Other than its damage and RO potential, its range sucks. It can't even punish Astaroth's 6K, even though its the right speed, because of pushback. But guess what can? 44K.

If i recall. In Sc4 both 44Ks :

JS - i12, 15 dmg, SHK on NH/CH
GS - i12, 15 dmg, KND on NH/CH

In SC4 BD her 44Ks:

JS - i12, 20 dmg, SHK on NH/CH
GS - i12, 18 dmg, KND on NH/CH

So as you can see JS 44K did have more damage in SC4 BD. I was thinking maybe JS 44K can do 20 dmg and i12 with its SHK while GS 44K can be 15 dmg and i12 because of the combos you could pull off of it. In SC4 JS 44K on NH/CH only granted a mixup and thats if they didnt destun.

If the scaling of damage isnt balanced then maybe JS 44K can be at least a +3 NH and +6 on CH stun. I was also hoping if maybe JS will go into GS automatically if JS 44K is blocked. (she will lose health but please not as much as the SC4 44K on block)

In terms of JS 44(K) maybe it can do the extra damage(?) if not provided on a regular 44K and have a slightly likely more chance of entering GS (not as much as the effect it had on SC4 of course due to it transitioning into GS automatically on block)

In terms of GS 44K maybe it can transition automatically into JS on block as a punishment for not using the move as a punisher(?) it can also help not be GS be so easily accessed in regard to using the move incorrectly. Plus health loss from doing the move on block will help payer want to stay in JS and use it as a punisher only or a guaranteed interrupter.

Aside from 44K series. JS had actually no good punishers or very little at close range. JS's best punishers imo are 66K, 66AA, 6A, 6K, BB, AA (its okay), FrC A, K.

While GS has BB, AA, 2A, 44K, FrC A, 3K, 6A, K, 6K, and a few others.

Here is what i look at for the pros and cons of GS and JS playstyles for SC4

GS
Pros
- good damage
- good frames
- good throws
- good punishing game
- balances out JS's crippledness

Cons
- Horrible advancing game
- post GI mixups arent really that great. All "useful " moves tend to be near the same frame speed imo.
- imo more close range than mid range and long range
- damages herself

JS
Pros
- good advancing game (6A, 66A, 66K)
- A few more TCs and TJs than GS
- Better post Gi mixups imo (JS 3K works wonders)
- better SG game then GS (based on the many videos on how i see her used and the moves used. Aside from that i would say their SG games are close to the same.
- very niced at mididsh range
- Balances out GS's strengths

Cons
- Big damage is based on Ch
- Unsafe
- bad damage
- weak punishing game

So yeah thats it. i wil ledit on how to fix them or balance them in my ways later. Bed

Tira's punishment game? HUGELY underrated in my opinion. In GS, she has a SAFE, i12 punisher with decent range that leads to good damage. In JS, she has the same punisher that can lead to even better damage, but unsafe. Though, if you're using it as a punisher, safety isn't an issue. That punisher being 44K.

My problem with 44K is that it is a High. A lot of lows recover in full crouch and can't be punished by 44K. Also JS 44K has less range than GS BF 44K unless you do the [K] version which will costs you ~20 life.

I'd rather use K than 44K even if it is weaker.

I want to see 4AAAAA, start at mid rather than at high, but logically the move would be slower since fast moves are usually high for Tira. Its just in SC4 it was HMHHH, which is kinda odd when you look at the move. Maybe it could be mixed up instead like MHMHM, just like if you were doing your thang on a regular hula hoop.

I've never seen anyone use GL 3K / 3kA to punish, but 3kA is only 18 frames. It does decent damage, and it doesn't hurt you. I've seen multiple people use K.. it does slightly less damage than 3K, but is slightly faster. 3kA is only six frames more than K, which I guess might be a lot in competitive play, but it nearly triples the damage. I think 6K is her safest bet, because it's the same in both sides and has a knockdown feature which can occasionally connect 1B, or GL 66:B (I think! I'm not sure if it's guaranteed.) if near a wall/ledge..

Tira punishment game is good but only in GS (as always).

Other than that do you know if 3kA is available in jolly now ? that would be great, its a very good antistep, it has short range but the stun effect of the A of this attack on CH is very good (+ with the increase of run speed the range might not be a problem anymore).

please take note that tira is still a work in progress imo from SC3 to SC5. SC3 she was good, but most new characters were actually "good" in their first title of the series they were introdued. I would think this is because of the character being in development still in terms of their style, but of course there were mistakes due to the character being new to the game and players imo (mainly just my perspective)

So in SC3 just about all of us agree she was best.
In SC4 tira was more hard to learn due to her moods (the style that makes the character diverse from the other cast) it was new to us so we didnt know its functions at first.
In SC5......lets hope she is good

Tira punishment game is good but only in GS (as always).

Other than that do you know if 3kA is available in jolly now ? that would be great, its a very good antistep, it has short range but the stun effect of the A of this attack on CH is very good (+ with the increase of run speed the range might not be a problem anymore).

idk, but imo that moves should belong to JS because of the animation.

Please remember to state how think her punishment game could improve for SCV (Most important part). Any ideas concerning her gameplay (Note: not a whishlist) are useful imo.

im loving the feedback guys! More give me MORE.

We should add Just Guard as a factor into regular punishments for SCV.

With someone who is familiar with another character's moves they could anticipate the moment of a move that will activate the Just Guard. Even more the player might want to test their own moves on block so that he or she can predict when the opponent might want to punish, but would not because you have recovered on time to execute the just guard. That last part may have made no sense because i found that hard to express with words lol.

But for example when i played SC4 with Tira i would guard impact or grim reaper the player if i executed 66K (GS) on block, because the recovery window allowed me to execute it just at that moment (I dont do this anymore). So for SCV instead of guard impacting it could be possible to get a just guard at the moment ive recovered. Im sure Project Soul have considered instances such as these.

Anyway my point is that we have more of an advantage with the Just Guard to execute moves that are a slightly slower than the moves that are at i12-i14.

i havent really benn on in awhile so i didnt see this stuff,but i love this feedback too
hmm,im not excatly very knowledgeable on punishers but i bet i have a general idea

since tiras frames are bad in both moods i think since she can get punished she should be able to punish characters just as well too,or when she gets chance to punish make it possible to be able to do a big combo on them or something to counteract how she can be punished

im think the JG will especially go in our favour for tira too
i cant give much feedback on this im afraid..

i thought here 44K was a good tool for punishing and i used 6K quite a bit too but id like to see 44K be buffed or less headaches caused from it,which has probably been done,i also wish her GS 6AAAAA would atleast start off mid or something,and like zuzu said it would be awesome if it was mixed up like HMHM,i really want to see that become a better move

im thinking that tira will have a few more safe options in SCV maybe other moves not been safer but some moves turned safe, if some moves were just a few frames quicker i bet she would have more options for punishing which they probably will do in SCV i want to see things besides BB and such for it.

id like to see these few safe moves(or atleast not totally unsafe!)be in JS so atleast then it woudnt be bad at doing its job,GS is the powerhouse and JS should be safe when doing pokes and stuff or atleast not in danger like you are with it and should become good or decent at punishing in a nutshell
id like to see GS 3Ka be in JS

if she has a slightly better range on some moves in SCV this will also help,for her overall gameplay too ofcourse,she needs more long range moves,and some moves reaching a tad further could actuallly help quite a lot,ive seen atleast 2 new moves that arent short range atleast in the vids,good

her GS 6AAAA and JS 22_88BB could do with been able to reach more,because unless you are right up to the enemy JS 22_88 BB tends to miss them or youll get 1 hit when you try to get a combo out of it

thanks for the vid,is this new

does she slightly longe range or is it just me??
im liking how she is looking for sure,i just hope when you learn her in SCV overall she is a lot more open with her mood changes,combos etc,i think she is now and i hope she can have a lot more potential after learning her ins and outs

shes looking good,but that was still easily just turned round and that raph wasnt even really doing anything good..
oh well,the tira user wasnt too good either so its probably we just worrying,they cant do too good yet because they dont know the moves and such

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back