Can I kill you now...please?? Tira! :D SCV

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me it seems the more meter you have the more probable personality switch when tira hits her head (4K and A+B) but this has to be investigated further

Holy cow, that was pretty awesome xD I've only ever had one accidental mood swing in that kind of combo (and it sure is awesome when it happens), must have lucked out your... luck, with that round :P

Anybody else notice that non-held A+B seems to switch to Cloomy much better when you are right next to the opponent? Sometimes I use it for oki to do what almost seems like a guaranteed stance change. It's safe too as long as they don't duck it.
I've noticed when hit, it always changes, but when you're near the opponent, it seems to have a higher success chance. Jolly 66B ~ A+B almost always changes, even if you don't hit.

And I love when you can chain JO 66B BE multiple times. I love draining my gauge with that. The only bummer is when you end it in Jolly and you can't properly finish it. I can't tell you how many time's I've done four JO 66B BEs and ending in Jolly.
>.<;

Does anyone else feel bad for Tira when she is hit by a quake move or at the end of Yoshi's CE?
"It's shaking!?" -- "I'm gonna break!!" She sounds so terrified. I'm just, like, d'awwwhhhh!

Well I've finally gotten myself a copy of SCV. Liking Tira so far. If anyone wants online casuals, feel free to add me. PSN is GrizzlyTrollton. I used to have an old PSN ID but shit went down so I ended up just making a new fresh account.

Outside of practicing combos in training mode, I've been being a customization whore, making outfits for Tira, lol. Create a Character mode is addictive as hell in SCV.

Oh so many characters created, and so few of them Tira. I need to get another creative burst for a design on Tira. I made a Tira to look like Jeanette from VtM: Bloodlines and haven't had anything creative for Tira since.

I really like Tira's primary outfit and since we can't use alternate outfits in CAS like in SC4 (which is good I guess) I haven't been using anything else. I have fiddled with the colours a bit; changed the green to purple, made the silver (glove and boot things) gold and a couple of other small tweaks but mainly still the same =3

I think the creation is dumb in SC5. Most of the clothing looks poorly rendered.. I miss all of the SC4 stuff. :/
I also don't like Tira's 1P render at all.. I loved the concept, but the in-game looks awful.

I have a few outfits for Tira but the fact that they didn't give us access to any of the 2P hairstyles or costumes makes all the custom parts quite boring to be honest. I liked the creation mode in SC4 more.

Not to mention the horrible horrible voices. Even if you don't edit the pitch, they will still sound very weird ingame.

I have a few outfits for Tira but the fact that they didn't give us access to any of the 2P hairstyles or costumes makes all the custom parts quite boring to be honest. I liked the creation mode in SC4 more.

Not to mention the horrible horrible voices. Even if you don't edit the pitch, they will still sound very weird ingame.

ah, that makes me sad, i thought i just hadn't unlocked them yet.

what's the use of 88_22 A stun? The recovery is so long that before I am able to do anything substantial, the enemy can guard already, the only damaging thing i can do then is use a throw..

I can never buffer CE after 22_88A for some reason, maybe it's because of lag as I mainly play online. After a few tries I decided it's too risky.

I can never buffer CE after 22_88A for some reason, maybe it's because of lag as I mainly play online. After a few tries I decided it's too risky.
88_22A = Jolly: K, A.A, CE, 4K (chance of change with GL 3B combos) Gloomy: K, A.A, 3A.A (BE option), B.B, 4K combos, CE.

The only thing I ever do after 22A is Jolly A.A or Gloomy 3A.A. I don't like the short range on 4K. I use 4K after Jolly 4A, since it pulls them in. I think the CE is a waste there, stuns kill that.. I only ever use that if it's a for-sure kill on the very last round.

Okay, so I FINALLY got SCV yesterday on sale at best buy, and like I thought, I love it, and played all night, and am tired as hell at work today haha...

Pretty sure I prefer Jolly over Gloomy this time around, though it might be too early to tell, as I haven't had the game 24hrs yet. I did have a question about JS 4k though... Is it not possible to shake the self stun or what? In SC4 I could shake the stun 95% of the time. But not I have yet to do it even once.

Also this

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/36f98f/

You could shake JS 4K's self-stun 100% of the time in SC4. You just can't in 5. GS is much better than JS and I kind of hate it. It encourages you to stay in that one mood most of the time. The loss of old JS 1K saddens me cuz the current JS 1K (SC4 88K) is pretty bad. But overall she is the strongest she's ever been in this game.

You could shake JS 4K's self-stun 100% of the time in SC4. You just can't in 5. GS is much better than JS and I kind of hate it. It encourages you to stay in that one mood most of the time. The loss of old JS 1K saddens me cuz the current JS 1K (SC4 88K) is pretty bad. But overall she is the strongest she's ever been in this game.

Wow that really does suck you can't shake it. And I agree about losing the old Jolly 1k, the new 1k has been gimped a little since SC4, where it was awesome. Also disappointed about the new properties on 3k. That stun was one of my most abused tools.

I did have a question about JS 4k though... Is it not possible to shake the self stun or what? In SC4 I could shake the stun 95% of the time. But not I have yet to do it even once.
They took out the ability to shake all stuns. Every stun you see has a guaranteed animation length. It's good and bad. Mostly good.. You don't have to worry about shaking a stun. No more full-life stun combos, like Ivy in SC4.

At least JS 4K doesn't stun on block, so that's a small bonus ^^;;
I was curious about shakeable stuns. Something I still haven't tested or looked up is throw breaking in regards to it being the same as SC4, whoops ^^;;

I'd hoped since they wanted to make the game easier, you could just push A+B to break both throws. They could make the window really small to make them serve some purpose.. >.<;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back