Cannes 2010 Updates...

ya, that's what I was thinking when I saw someone mention 6A+B. In what way could that possibly be good against Astaroth? I guess some Astaroth's use ranged moves to beat out all Kilik's moves besides 6A+B and 4B? I'd like to see a vid of that actually working...

oh ok he used it in place of 4A+B to bait GI then again cause Astaroth ran up, cool. That's not a GI happy Astaroth tho. I was getting the impression that he had like decimated some Astaroth with it, but not in that vid.

oh ok he used it in place of 4A+B to bait GI then again cause Astaroth ran up, cool. That's not a GI happy Astaroth tho. I was getting the impression that he had like decimated some Astaroth with it, but not in that vid.

Wow. That analysis is just completely off target....

Nothing to do with Baiting GI... -.-
Don't judge the idea from that vid, stupid Farp for whoring it..
In the video I did it at the wrong range...

Am I witnessing the birth of ShenLord here and now? Just want to know, b/c why else would anybody talk to sword lord seriously.

Hahahaha wtf! Is that a serious comment or something?
Anyway, Sam actually killed half of a german team with that GI-baiting move.
Funny story is Keev and Kayane trying to find a strategy against that move in the hotel (and they actually found stuff...). I was like why would they do that... Then I saw that: Oh yah, he saw Sam spamming it :D

Wow. That analysis is just completely off target....

Nothing to do with Baiting GI... -.-
Don't judge the idea from that vid, stupid Farp for whoring it..
In the video I did it at the wrong range...

Would you rather I post this one?

This is just outright spam. Lol.

How in the blue hell is it GI-Bait -.-.. I really don't see how the hell that can ever be GI-Bait.. WTF...

Rza: Wait WHAT? You didn't tell me about that.....

Here's the complete result of the main event solo. An official announce should come soon from Gnouz Corporation.

1 Thuggish Pond
2 Maxou
3 Keev
4 Saitoh
5e Jag/RTD
7e Dina/DTN
9e Eggmaster/Scud/Daggoth/Kayane
13e Cliff/Samsam/SU/Maxilaw
17e Malek/Ran/Varghas/CopDT7/Trace/Dems/Elazul/Greven
25e DTArchon/RediHokuto/Jere007/Skyll/Tyro/Kira84/Keysona/Pantocrator
33e BadChucky/Tsubasa/Neo4Life/Runis/Belial/Sacharja/Yota/Akiru/Sazayel/Kappa/Esom/HumanTyphoon/Arhiman/Xso/Akire/Docvizzo
49 Lokiko/Zou/Alukard/MikeLanders/Furzy/Hazu/Kempachi/HDR/Forn84/Kusanagi/Kawaks/Geckor/Djio/Rikimaru/Samael/Kero

How in the blue hell is it GI-Bait -.-.. I really don't see how the hell that can ever be GI-Bait.. WTF...
it probably throws off GI timing and u had used it in that vid at times where an Astaroth might GI. I don't know I was just tryin to make sense of it, i'll watch the other vid tho. whatever tho, really not important, I'm just hoping Belial comes to GAMME so he can get gored by the lord.

edit: ok saw the other vid, u didn't use it in the same way, moreso in a very pointless way in the second vid.

Here's the complete result of the main event solo. An official announce should come soon from Gnouz Corporation.

1 Thuggish Pond
2 Maxou
3 Keev
4 Saitoh
5e Jag/RTD
7e Dina/DTN
9e Eggmaster/Scud/Daggoth/Kayane
13e Cliff/Samsam/SU/Maxilaw
17e Malek/Ran/Varghas/CopDT7/Trace/Dems/Elazul/Greven
25e DTArchon/RediHokuto/Jere007/Skyll/Tyro/Kira84/Keysona/Pantocrator
33e BadChucky/Tsubasa/Neo4Life/Runis/Belial/Sacharja/Yota/Akiru/Sazayel/Kappa/Esom/HumanTyphoon/Arhiman/Xso/Akire/Docvizzo
49 Lokiko/Zou/Alukard/MikeLanders/Furzy/Hazu/Kempachi/HDR/Forn84/Kusanagi/Kawaks/Geckor/Djio/Rikimaru/Samael/Kero

Wait are you telling me that no one else from the US made it past 33rd place wtf!

i don't remember seeing any mention of the name Kid Disaster in any of these posts. He went?

edit: nevermind, I see KDZ on the first page...

Wait are you telling me that no one else from the US made it past 33rd place wtf!

Apart from thugish pond and RTD ... yes. US did what they could :) They "stole" the first place, what do you want more ! And the level was insane, everyone could have took it home (well... nearly everyone).
EDIT : didn't saw S-U was 13rd.

Sword Lord : KDZ "the cassandra who wins the most" (I couldn't stop laughing when he told this on the chat) didn't make it through the qualifications. He got outplayed by Trace AFJ (who killed Malek) and CopDT7 (a good french raphael player).

Docvizzo : Actually, that may be right :)

I'll be the first to admit I did poorly in that solo. The previous one I did much better.

PS. While I will agree the overall level of Europe > ME alone, the character lock prevented several American players who are technically better than me from attending. I am not a top American player, I'm just the top Voldo :)

I think this image says it all, GERMANZ! :P

Long over due impressions and shoutouts!

First things first: Massive props to Malek, Asenka and to those who also helped make this event happen in terms of organizing. This is without question the greatest Soul Calibur event to ever exist. So props to u for making it happen.

No bullshit no excuses: Europe has the strongest SC4 community no question both in terms of dedication and skill level. No need to even explain as the impressions u left for all the members of team USA while out there had us all in agreement.

I'll keep the shoutouts simple cause I hate forgetting people and do it this way.

Room 339 (Maeva): In simple terms just plain awesome. I did not want to leave so much so that I spent the entire 3 days Friday-Sunday I was out there in this room and 459 (Beach). I hope to do it again and I enjoyed every moment. So for the people like Eggmaster and Neo4Life I apologize but I was having to much fun in there and room 459 at BEACH.

Room 459 (Beach): Italian central. Simply Awesome! The same as the above applies here. I need the contact info of the people who were in here. Rikimaru gave me his as a central contact to reach all of u but I don't know where it is lol.

So I apologize to the million other people that I wanted to play really bad and for the people that really wanted to play me. I didn't even play 80% of the matches I set up before I got there cause I was to busy having fun with the people associated with those 2 rooms. So Eggmaster and Neo4Life that is why I never did our matches.

Singapore: Shoutouts!

ShenYuan: So good man! So good. I thought u were joking at first with the 1K Hilde but lol and behold it seems Singapore is 2K/1K masters after competing against all of u. I got my rightful revenge though in the Kilik (No FOTD, No Asura, No Throws) vs. Hilde (No Charges) match. Reymas I believe ur name was it was an honor meeting you and I hope to meet you again.

ShenChan: Lol at 1K abuse but u used it so much that Mitsu 2K got blocked and punished everytime u attempted to mix it up. Hella fun! Your mask is priceless also! The king Rock however is me with my sweet Rock vs. Rock victory. Its nice to know that even Singapore has awesome trash talking skills. The comment about someone's massive head was hilarious as it came out of nowhere. It was an honor to meet u also.

ShenYu: You were fun and interesting to chat with. Its a shame I didn't get to play you but then again I only played 20% of the overall matches I was supposed to. YuShen I believe it was also an honor to meet you and I hope to meet you again as well.

ShenOu: Mr. Sam its a damn shame we only play 4 games and didn't even get to finish the set. Its also a pain in the ass getting caught by your own shit.

DTArchon: Nice Amy! Your solid and perhaps the only real problem you have is freezing up. In fact its the exact same problem Thuggish has before I kept pointing it out by pounding it into his head during his later matches in the major Solo. When Amy players freeze up when their aggression gets slightly pushed back it throws them off. Never the less it was also awesome meeting and playing against you and I hope to do it again.

General Shoutouts:

Belial: OMG! You are fucking hilarious. I swear u are American being able to talk shit at the level u do. Its nice to know that your skill level is also as good as it is. Its just like u mentioned in that the tournament was so strong anyone could win it. To many top competitors clashing so don't be concerned with ur placing. I'm sure at Cannes 2011 u will shine much better.

Furzy: Mr. Serial Killer face when he plays the game into friendly nice face when he is relaxed lol. Its really funny. Talk about split face personality lol. Your Yoshi is hot stuff man with tons of tricks. I think Lolo would love to play you. Didn't actually come in to the event expecting to hang out with u the most but my god we have to chill again. Room 339 all over again.

Runis: Lol you were fun! Constantly offering me cookies though felt like you were trying to poison me and to top it off u fell asleep with ur hands in ur pants and then touched my controller wtf! Other than that lol it was awesome meeting you.

Kira: It was nice meeting u again. When u come back out here hit me up first.

I hate leaving people out so if I met u I had a great time and hope to meet u again.

S-U, I think now you understand why results in France are different from a competition to another. And if you add Germany, Switzerland, Spain, etc... you can understand that it is REALLY hard to win competition here. See you again, and don't hesitate to ask me if one day you wanna come back.

I understand so much so in fact that the competitive level over there has managed to 100% eliminate the MM attitude I had by the last day I was out there. It still applies in the U.S cause excuses run rampant over here and that is how I developed the attitude in the 1st place. But seeing all of you and competing with all of the great talent I see why FT5's are the norm and freeplay in general is taken so serious. I'll be back hopefully for 1 ranking late in 2010 and about 1-2 every year from 2011 and up. The next WGC 2011 (It was so insane and successful I don't see how there can't be one) I will definitely make.

I'll talk to u in a PM about the specifics as I am also trying to go back with Damien and Malcolm so far. Europe is where its at for me now. Thanks again for the donations as I couldn't get there otherwise. I'll be better prepared next time in advance. Don't forget about asking for help if you need it coming out here in the future. Since I am aware that sending 300.00 U.S. for example won't help due to the exchange rate on our part funds like that if I can will be allocated to whatever expenses u need while your out here in the U.S where it will be better spent.

Last but not least congrats on being 100% official anti U.S.

Ah, Omar is back, and I was already worrying where did you disappear to. Forum was empty without your endless posts, you know xD Make sure to inform me whenever you plan on travelling to europe, I'll try my best to plan the trip as well.

Now that people mention it, Furzy's serial killer face, Shens 1K spam and Runis cookies were probably the main highlights of the WGC. Lol. Damn, it was just so much fun, makes me sad it ended.

I really feel Belial's sadness... SC back home isn't as spicy. :(

Im saving for a next Europe trip =O

The 1K and 2K use (abuse) is actually a serious strategy!

S-U: Don't forget step B and kilik's fat hitbox!

Back