Cannes 2010 Updates...

Hey this was the best and the most competitive tournament ever. we can thank Asenka and Malek for that. they did an excellent job.

Everyone was asking me what the controversy was with my hat in the World Team Tournament.

It's just that after I beat a few French players, they forced me to take off my hat after 30 minutes of arguing. After I was forced to take it off, they beat me.

GGs.

It wasn't everyone who stooped this low. There were some French players like Maxou, DTN, SCUD, Malek, Keev, etc. who wanted to play me at my best and I respect them for that.

anyway, here are a few shout outs. i'll come back later to post more and some pics.

Dina: nice to meet you but I found it strange that you've posted our money match results when I haven't played in a month. but once I knocked some rust off, everyone saw who the real Hilde was when I eliminated you on T.V. in the world tournament. after i beat you, you told me to win the tournament even though Maxou, Keev and Saitoh were still in it. GGs

Maxou: thank you for being so good with Setsuka. your rush down is too much to handle and you've place 2nd in both singles event. that would make you the player who consistently placed the highest.

Scud: i saw great potential in your play. it's rare to find someone on such a high level with such little experience. you are looking like the future of France.

Malek: we will sponsor you NOT to come to the US :)

DTN: it's was good to see you again. nice Yoshi too although it seemed like you wanted to pick Sigfried at times no? i like to see what character you end up with.

Kayane: good job on being consistent with your high placings in tournaments. i know how difficult that can be with sc4 X.

Saitoh: it's all about strategy. that's why you didn't have to lift a finger to get that World Team cup trophy. you guys had team shirts and all. very well planned i must say.

Keev: it was an honor to play you. you are probably the best player in the world.
to the rest of the French people, it was great to see you guys again.

ShenYuan, ShenChan, ShenYi and the rest of Singapore: I had fun hanging out with you all and you guys are very knowledgeable about Soul Calibur. I love your unique styles. i think that everyone else does. ShenYuan and ShenChan, we were all rooting for you ;)

Germany, USA, etc: you guys already know what's up. nice to hang out with you all.
Runis: the Hilde encyclopedia - you are the man. it was fun to hang out and talk strats with you. invite me up to Sydney sometime.

docvicco - i'll learn how to spell your name one day - you have the best Cervantes period. it sucks that our match ended that way but i think people know that you are the real deal. i'm pretty sure that you beat most people that you've played.

Sachaja - nice to meet you man. i've seen your name for years and now i've finally met you.

Thugish - it sucks that we had to play each other because we were the last 2 USA players in the world tournament but i'm glad that you took it home after you eliminated me. we've been going back and forth winning tournaments. i think that it's my turn now no?

Jag - you've tied 5th with me in the world tourny with Astaroth! very impressive.

more later...

H
docvicco - i'll learn how to spell your name one day - you have the best Cervantes period. it sucks that our match ended that way but i think people know that you are the real deal. i'm pretty sure that you beat most people that you've played.

Lol, nice. Nah its ok, i could have taken the tourney match against you easily but i FAILED in getting the last Kick like 3 Times :) You had the better nerves, you deserve the win.

At least i made you take a break for like 2 minutes after you won the second match for the 1:1 :P I've never seen somebody standing up, walking away like nothing, starting to think, coming back 2 minutes later and then kicking my ass in the CAGE!

:P

It was a real pleasure meeting you, actually since i know you i feel a bit sorry your char is banned in the US, you seem very passionate about this game...

Everyone was asking me what the controversy was with my hat in the World Team Tournament.

It's just that after I beat a few French players, they forced me to take off my hat after 30 minutes of arguing. After I was forced to take it off, they beat me.

GGs.

I so LOLed after reading this... its a mystery as to how a mere hat can enhance your gameplay.. ...must be worn by Wyatt Earp back in the day or sumthin.. >_<

I initially thought the hat was the one in-game... the one Hilde's wearing... i couldn't believe there's actually a 'real' hat until I saw the team pictures... and after seeing the vids, There's also a 'mask' too.. o_0 LOL!

...but I digress..

Congrats to all participants... I truly wish I could've been in there, esp. since its nice in Cannes at this time of the year too.. =_=

...and 4 the record, I would want you 2 KEEP YOUR HAT ON if ever my humble self crosses path with you RTD ^_~

Nothing's more dishonourable to me than having my opponent not play their 100%.. =P

\Peace

Hey RTD, where can I find the rest of that post on your sig? Lol
RTD got that sig from when me and some idiot were arguing at caliburforum.com. There is more to that sig and it is hilarious. I laugh everytime I read it haha.

I'll PM you the whole thing, gimme a sec

Time fo' belated shoutouts:

Runis: Damn youre a nice guy, stuffing everyone with those delicious cookies! Too bad we didnt get around to play each other. Im pretty sure one of those "assassination matches" endnow set up for you was me. ;P And lol, that picture of you is going to haunt you for a while I bet.

Maxou: Very impressive Setsuka. Ive never seen anyone (except maybe Changs Friend) execute this cleanly with her. Too bad that you choked on the big stage, I can tell that match couldve been a lot closer than it was. Well, all the more credit to me for beating you. And no, dont bother. I have at least as many excuses as you at my disposal. :P

Shen Yuan: It was nice talking to you, man. You - like the rest of the Shens - have a very unique playstyle that just makes your matches that much more enjoyable to watch. Also props to the rest of team Shen (especially Shen Chan for repping ROCK against ASTAROTH and WINNING) for playing the way they do. You guys definitely know how to get the hype going. Hope we can see each other again at another event. Lets have some Blazblue matches when we do.

Pantocrator: Damn, I could talk to you days on end. Its so refreshing to finally meet another Sieg player and be able to exchange strats and what not. Good job on the mirrors and the tourneys, too. You definitely outperformed me there. Hope youll keep repping Sieg. Im sure well bump into each other again when I visit France.

Eggmaster: Nice Cassy, man. Too bad you werent on top of your game when we had our revanche match. I could tell that shouldve been a lot closer than it was. I hear youre going to start playing BB, too? Lets have some matches when I visit France the next time!
Oh and... cute hat. No homo. :P

Team Switzerland (especially ma niggahs Furzy and Cliff): Nice job. Doc didnt exaggerate when he told me you were extremely solid and could hang well. More props for beating me also. Although we all know that my magnificent German supremacy cant be held at bay by shenanigans all day. BANANAZ cant stop me! I was more than happy to entertain in the meantime, tho. Looking forward to meet you again!

Thuggish: Damn, grow a beard, you look too young for your age lol. I wont acknowledge you as fellow-German until you do! Good job with Amy and a deserved win in the GFinals. Youre definitely a cool guy I would like to hang out with again when I travel across the pond.

RTD: Nice meeting one of the few oldschoolers that are still around. Very impressive play. Too bad I didnt get a shot at a revanche. I hear SamSam beat you, so its not impossible after all. :) Good matches, hope youre still around when I visit the US.

HumanTyphoon: Grats on being the only X that actually managed to beat me at the event! Especially because I never hear anything about you. Must be hard to step out of Thuggishs shadow. I hope Ill get my chance for a revanche in the future, tho.

Belial: Nice matches, although I could tell it was a little too relaxing in the end. Beastly Mitsu, definitely hope to get a chance to not embarass myself next time we meet.

Special props go to:

Huge & his GF: For offering your room. Very nice people indeed. I was glad to be of help when you were looking for the right bus. Hope you arrived home safe and well.

Esom & KDZ & Saitoh: For being extremely cool cats to hang out with. Sorry for not coming back after saying I would. But I realized I had 5 hours left to sleep and the whole appartment to clean so I decided hitting the sack was the better option. I definitely enjoyed talking to you. Also, good matches to both of them 'mericanz. And YYBA is hilarious.

Good matches to everyone else Ive played and havent mentioned here. I liked hanging out with and talking to everyone at the event. If Cannes 2k11 happens Ill definitely be around again.

Alright the world champ is here! Late as hell but i'm here lol.

Malek: Thanks for donating to us and being there when we had questions. And I still can't believe you beat all of us with Ivy! Hopefully we will get to play more than a few casuals next time.

Sacharja: Good to meet you, as well as all the other germans including the tallest man ever lol. Next time we'll have to play more.

Belial: Once again it was fun hanging out! This time I did better, worked like charm lol. Tough luck bein in the losers bracket the next day. (Me: Belial are you in the losers bracket today? Belial: *saddened* shut up!" LOL) Be sure you try to come to GAMME :)

Shens: Good to play you at the beginning of Cannes when I got there wednesday I think. Chan with his Rock who GI's everything lol, and Yuan who 2k's everything. I got you with my 2k's too! I also liked aheda's 6a+b kilik on astaroth lol. Looked so stupid on stage on the big screen but I guess it is effective against him! And yes, I am officially a Shen now since I slept with Yuan lol. (Yes thats the requirement to be a Shen)

Italians: Nice to meet you guys. I was hoping we couldve hung out more but Andy was too busy beating SU with his 8 million throws and su's weird inputs. (SU: Is someone fuckin with me?) LOL. Rekimaru gave SU or Esom their conact info. If one of you guys sees this or if you see it Esom can you pass it along to me? Thanks.

Maxou: good to meet you, finals was tough but good thing I played you beforehand because if someone hasnt played you before it would be a very hard win.

docvizzo: very good cervantes, and nice talking with you, and I know you like that picture I took of that girl LOL.

Furzy: Your look like a serial killer when you play! Its awesome lol. Good yoshi, my impression of him is different now, I think hes a bit better than I thought.

To the million and one french and Mitsu players: There are so many of you guys its ridiculous! And everyone knew how to play which was nice to see.

More later maybe..

Jag - you've tied 5th with me in the world tourny with Astaroth! very impressive.

more later...

Well, yeah thanks. ^^

I think both of use can be really happy with the 5th place in a world tourney like this.

Definetly a tourney of it´s kind. Awesome competition.

From this topic :
http://gnouz-corporation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=202&t=1098

Here is the complete bracket of the Main event solo, thanks to M.F.doom :
http://m.fdoom.free.fr/wgc/_SOUL4_32POOL_X_4_2QUALIFIED.htm

World Game Cup ranking :
1. France
2. Italy
3. Singapore/Deutchland
4. Belgium/Spain/Swiss/USA

Bracket : http://m.fdoom.free.fr/wgc/tableau world team cup sc4.jpg

For the french noobs :
Belgique = Belgium
Singapour = Singapore
Allemagne = Deutchland
Espagne = Spain
Suisse = Swiss
Italie = ... you should just guess this one.

More info should follow !

Back