Cassandra Videos

I liked our matches Nashfan. It seems like it always comes down to the final round when we fight. Hope we can get more matches in soon.

KDZ (Asta first 3, Cass rest) vs Something Unique (Kilik)
March Korasumaru Monthly GF.
FT4.

After the first 3 matches, you can see Cass.

Wow, nice games there. I really liked how you got into his head with the BK frame trap, and how you conditioned him so 1A hit like every single time. Learned a lot, thanks.

Holy Shit, whats up with the 1A? How did you do that?

Besides that, i really didnt like your Asta at all, but gotta give you credits for Cassy. I like how you Step G'ed a lot of stuff, but you missed quite a few 22KB's, 22B's or 22AB's to punish...Kilik is really safe, but the few Moves like the ones i mentioned should really be punished consistently....and nice Throwbreaking btw.

I really dont know what to think of these Matches, since the 1A is kind of weird and SU should have used a lot more Asura against Cassy. I know you did a lot of AA's and 66K's, especially in the beginning, but also quite a few 2As, iWSB, 66Bs etc etc....Kilik can make this matchup way harder with some more Asuras and he messed up quite a few FOTDs also...i really wonder what made SU make use such few Asuras...its not like you are punishing each B+K~6B on Block....

For the Asta, i would play him even more aggresive, more 66Ks, more 1B, you messed up some Wallcombos, stuff like 66K~6K into nothing is not the best solution :) And such obvious Highstrings like 1KA...arrgh...shouldnt even try that imo....maybe a few more 4A's from Midrange situations instead of always closing the gap with 66[K], more pressure on Walls with 4, SU freezed up quite a few times...4[A+B] on wakeup etc etc...quite a few things i missed. And stuff like CT B+G~22[K] shouldnt work once ;) You could have tried to catch him out of his WSB's maybe with 2A+G_B+G, since he was doing this a lot...

But you won, so congratulations...

He wasn't using asura because of all the casuals I allowed him to play against me during the previous two weeks.
I shut down Asura completely with 66K, 6K, and 33B during frametrap situations, as well as delay attacks all across the board.

I was able to use the other attacks because I made him pay for Asura for two straight weeks before the tournament.
If he played like he usually does, Asura happy, it would have been much, much worse.

Ramon vs myself in Grand Finals at the most recent Best of New England. I was in winner's and got raped the first set. 2nd set is much more entertaining even though I lost, i don't think it could have come down any closer.

We finally got our lazy selves to record our casual matches and in good quality too!
I hope this gets regular (bet you hope as well ^_^)
We concentrated to create more "fun" than practical vids like the ones HK community does, but anyway feedback and questions are welcome and appreciated.

Here is a first to 5 of my cassandra vs onyourmarks Astaroth vids, the rest (a lot) of the matches recorded that day can be found on our youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/markikktnx ,

Cass is not my main, actually I havent played her for quite some time and fall for some basic stuff, Asta is not Marki's main character either. If you want to see our main characters here are a links to few I like the most

KDZ (Asta first 3, Cass rest) vs Something Unique (Kilik)
March Korasumaru Monthly GF.
FT4.

After the first 3 matches, you can see Cass.

KDZ you're pretty good at knowing when to step ^^

But you did miss alot of whiff punish opportunities. I think that's one of Cass' greatest strengths.

I was over at Shenrei's last night for a few hours of casuals (where I received an epic beatdown) and he posted up two of the vids of our matches. A lot of rust on both sides but there was some funny moments.

How to Fail vs Setsuka:

BS Moment of the Night:

Random videos over AX. I play PS3 pad, but I switched to stick for this tourny since it's on the 360 (yuck) and I can't use the pad for anything. Still can't quite get my qcfs (I still end up doing 3B or 6B, sometimes even 2B! bah!) and AA punishs (lol missed soooo many in these matches) on muscle memory yet...

Looking at these vids, if there's one major bad habit I think I should change, it's to do combos after the stuns instead of effing low throw. (in finals it got mashed out a few times, even though I changed it from B+G to A+G) so like lags suggested, I'll prob just do 4BB:A. (and maybe butt attack if I know it hits on that character)

AX2009 SC4 Round 1 - Nyawu (Cass) vs BL (Mitsu) :

AX2009 SC4 Round 1 - Nyawu (Cass,Taki) vs Soakrates (Kilik) :

AX2009 SC4 Semi Finals - SorryForgotName (Mitsu, Amy) vs Nyawu (Cass):

AX2009 SC4 Finals - Nyawu (Cass) vs Rushdown (Voldo, Mitsu) Part 1 and 2

Awesome haha, you and Jeff in the finals. How many ppl were there for the tourney and what was the prize?

Di: I still see you're repping with those GI's ^_^. Nice fights friend! Keep it up!

Back