Cervantes Match Vids

I liked Hates' Cervy, I think he could've benefited from using Cervy's 44b more against Maxi.

Were you showing the wall combo? Instead of 3B after the CE W! you can do 1A:B iGDR, better guaranteed damage because they can tech after B2. You could do CE W! 3B iGDR etc. but the wall can will mess up the angle.

I like this better because of better postion and I like the tech trap. The other benifit is I dont have to worry about a jf. I posted this because the guy who lost wrote a really long hate letter. I decided I would put this up to have a little fun at his expense. This was recorded in a random ranked match.

4B+K is also sick effective against Maxi, Hates should use it more in this matchup. Plus he wasnt throwing too much at all. But i liked the rest. A bit more aggression would be good i guess.

4B+K does shut a lot of options into stance transitions. Also, punishment for aB and 44B can be compared. Both have to be in specific range- If moves were used at tip, then Maxi get's very, very minimal damage. It's, in my opinion, on of his biggest flaws as a character.

It's important to realize in my second match against Krayzie that, like a scrub, I flipped some switches on my stick accidentally and had Serious Input Problems. In general, though, I don't like 44B in almost any matchup. There are way too many ways for it to go badly for you:
1. Its backstep isn't as good as just a standard backstep in terms of distance or reward (30ish and knockdown vs 3B or iGDR).
2. It's steppable in both directions for major punishment.
3. It's positively ass on block.

It's important to realize in my second match against Krayzie that, like a scrub, I flipped some switches on my stick accidentally and had Serious Input Problems. In general, though, I don't like 44B in almost any matchup. There are way too many ways for it to go badly for you:
1. Its backstep isn't as good as just a standard backstep in terms of distance or reward (30ish and knockdown vs 3B or iGDR).
2. It's steppable in both directions for major punishment.
3. It's positively ass on block.

Backstep 3B/iGDR is better for those fast moves, or 44A+B if they are trying to do a move as slow as 3B (unless it is NM or Sieg, which are backstep killers).

Awesome display from both players. I really enjoyed the series. I envy your iGDR excution, doc. Really remarkable.

I'm now officially the worst Cervantes on earth. My execution has dropped significantly. Maybe because I'm overusing Astaroth or the fact that I'm currently on a new pad. Bitch is hard! :P

Awesome display from both players. I really enjoyed the series. I envy your iGDR excution, doc. Really remarkable.

I'm now officially the worst Cervantes on earth. My execution has dropped significantly. Maybe because I'm overusing Astaroth or the fact that I'm currently on a new pad. Bitch is hard! :P

If you ask me your asta was harder than your cervy LOL while both very good I just fear asta more for some reason.

I agree about doc's matches! Really excellent play, and I understand it was bout putting on a show but shit that was one hell of a show! Great fights because I love both characters!

Thanks I hope you guys upload as many for SCV as u did for SCIV.

Yeah, it's easier to put mental pressure with Astaroth as he can kill you in three guesses. With Cervantes, however, you need to work a little bit more for the taking. But in the end Cervantes is far more a threat that Astaroth. Astaroth is moderate once you know the matchup. But yeah it's still a 50/50 match. Something always entertaining.

On a bright note: After all, my execution is not that bad. Played a long series this morning against a fellow country player and I gotta say it was great. Playing offline/5Bar is a whole different feeling than 1-4Bar. Pad still hard but it's getting softer already. :)

Yeah, it's easier to put mental pressure with Astaroth as he can kill you in three guesses. With Cervantes, however, you need to work a little bit more for the taking. But in the end Cervantes is far more a threat that Astaroth. Astaroth is moderate once you know the matchup. But yeah it's still a 50/50 match. Something always entertaining.

On a bright note: After all, my execution is not that bad. Played a long series this morning against a fellow country player and I gotta say it was great. Playing offline/5Bar is a whole different feeling than 1-4Bar. Pad still hard but it's getting softer already. :)

Yea lag screws with iGDR timing for sure. Our connection should be better next time we play I hope... Where are you from if you dont mind me asking? I know cervantes is more of a threat but damn astaroth is still scary man, his damage is nothing to laugh at. The way you play him was very efficient and annoying, spacing, throws, and bullrush but I know thats how hes played haha I honestly need more matches against SCV asta I havnt played many in this one like the previous SC's.

Im def going to main cervy for a bit... I will probably post some games just for you guys to tear them apart this weekend. Can someone tell me the goto BNB for the wall splat off of 3b, and bK? With and without meter? My wall game I feel is the only part im lacking, just because I havnt programmed anything into muscle memory yet.

Man ur solid. I was telling u on XBL how u outplayed me, soulhamstermeat,and Redjinn lol lets all get some games in together again

I wouldn't mind hitting up in one of these lobbies...I am euro though :/

I play with a guy from UK... Just depends on how the connect is... and with everyone else... Send me a msg on live... L red djinn L Ill be on all weekend I think... between watching the tourneys of course... Should be fun! I just picked up cervy a week ago so dont be too harsh LOL

Yea lag screws with iGDR timing for sure. Our connection should be better next time we play I hope... Where are you from if you dont mind me asking? I know cervantes is more of a threat but damn astaroth is still scary man, his damage is nothing to laugh at. The way you play him was very efficient and annoying, spacing, throws, and bullrush but I know thats how hes played haha I honestly need more matches against SCV asta I havnt played many in this one like the previous SC's.

I'm from Puerto Rico. The connection here is quite decent but we suffer from an outrageous service. (Could definitely be better but the capitalists behind the broadband monopoly don't give a damn about improvement.)

I often hide my location due to most people being racist on the net. If you speak Spanish, you are taken for a Mexican by default. Not that I have anything against them but if I take the time to address politely according your country, why can they do the same? It's always about respect. Not that I care but it's better to avoid a bad and stressing day.

As for Astaroth training. You can always count on me for it. Mine is not the best but it should give you an idea of how's the matchup. :)

Im def going to main cervy for a bit... I will probably post some games just for you guys to tear them apart this weekend. Can someone tell me the goto BNB for the wall splat off of 3b, and bK? With and without meter? My wall game I feel is the only part im lacking, just because I havnt programmed anything into muscle memory yet.

Meterless wall combos:

Wall in front:

3B, !W1, 4KK, 3A+B, BBB (Works consistently. Recommended if you can't afford a screwing.)
3B, !W1, 4KK: B+K, 3B, iGDR, iGDR

Wall to the left:

3B, bA, !W1, 3B, iGDR, B2, !W2, *1BB_3B, iGDR, BT B+K, iGDR.

Wall to the right:

3B, B2, !W1, *1BB, !W2, 3B, iGDR, BT B+K, iGDR_3B, iGDR, BT B+K, iGDR

Meter wall Combos:

3B, !W, CE, !W, 3B, iGDR, BT B+K, iGDR
3B, bA, !W1, 3B, iGDR, B2, !W2, 2A+B, iGDR, CE, 9B+K

To list a few.

*Camera switches angle randomly. Placing you from one side to the other. Depending if the camera switches or not you will get either of the followups.

Note: Any 3B after wallsplats can be substituted by an iGDR instead but it would require other followups for the combo. Be creative for that. :)

Note2: Don't worry about your wall game as his wall game is nothing but a random mess lol!

RADICAL DUDE, I could like, toootally show off my skiils and hacks and stuff ;)

I totally approve Fixdswine's use of l33t Hex Editing!

Be warned though, Nightpierre will lower your IQ!

Tekken Arena Grand Finals, C-money VS Lil Majin
I remember Lil Majin from Enk's stream, when he did sets. Very good Cervantes, muc better than mine :P

Here are some online matches. Lag can be seen at times and that's when my stuff gets messed. Enjoy:
snip

Your spacing and whiff punishing is pretty good, so is your iGDR inputs, however you tend to get a bit showy when finishing off the opponent, like at 5:55 You could've finished off your opponent and gone 2-2 with that B+G grab>CE or maybe 4B BE if he teched, but you did 44[A+B]? That was very odd.

However that Raph was pretty damn good aswell. These were some fun matches to watch so good one. Too bad I am EU and dont face-off people like that anymore.

Back